N81, the Truth...(the Nokia VS SE battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
These threads are entertainment, that's why i am participating for time being.
All guys are out, so am taking the pain of bringing back some action from the SE side. I already got my own Forums to manage, so why the hell would i be here otherwise.

Coool !
I just told even highly educated techies now interning/working in google, micorsoft, cisco don't gave a damn about the apps in their phones.

So in short, only for a few people all those apps matter. That few people may be a few millions, but its no where close to the total market.

So what's your next point that proves that APPS are the most important and deciding factor when geeks buy phones.

Off topic. @Rohan.

Then Your University is some what boring.

We have had

Operating Systems, A a Subject. With Linux Architecture in focus. 5th SEM
Computer Architecture Full subject. 4th sem.
x86 Microprocessor, ASM programming full subject. 4th sem.
Unix OS Application/Architecture A full subject. 3rd SEM.
Unix System Programming, Full subject 6th sem.

This is only half the list btw.

And we have had lots of symbian seminars by Nokia guys. Even people work on symbian projects and also get placed in Symbian !

oh yes, we don't use UNIX as such, we use Linux,Fedora core, since its Unix Like.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I just told even highly educated techies now interning/working in google, micorsoft, cisco don't gave a damn about the apps in their phones.

So in short, only for a few people all those apps matter. That few people may be a few millions, but its no where close to the total market.

So what's your next point that proves that APPS are the most important and deciding factor when geeks buy phones.

Off topic. @Rohan.

Then Your University is some what boring.

We have had

Operating Systems, A a Subject. With Linux Architecture in focus. 5th SEM
Computer Architecture Full subject. 4th sem.
x86 Microprocessor, ASM programming full subject. 4th sem.
Unix OS Application/Architecture A full subject. 3rd SEM.
Unix System Programming, Full subject 6th sem.

This is only half the list btw.

And we have had lots of symbian seminars by Nokia guys. Even people work on symbian projects and also get placed in Symbian !

oh yes, we don't use UNIX as such, we use Linux,Fedora core, since its Unix Like.
Dude I am from Mumbai university and how can someone call mumbai university bore ? Anyway we were thaught unix os , programming and architecture in the first year of engineering itself which is compulsury to all branches . Microprocessor , asm etc in 2nd year . Computer engineering is completely different amd bit advanced then computer science but i never came accross any subject regarding mobile os except java .
Anyway i dont want to fight , i just want to say that if you have done some degree that does not mean that others are dumb in this forum . There are way better educated and good programmers in this forum who hardly post in mobile section . Me being an engineer dont consider even half as good as some of the talented programmers in this forum . Just turn to the programming and opensource section for yourself , I cant see a single post by you in such section then how can you say that you know everything regarding OS .I also dont know any indian mobile companies that deals with symbian and are looking for placements . Symbian programming is totally different then the subjects you have mentioned and reading your recent post i can conclude that you dont have enough knoledge about symbian programming .

Coool

I'm Back!:D
So in short, only for a few people all those apps matter. That few people may be a few millions, but its no where close to the total market
nokia is ruling the market because of symbian...sony too gives almost same features @ almost same price...y they are not selling more than nokia?nokia is selling their phones almost twice as SE... thats because of symbian.
With this example, its proven that apps are matter:D

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
symbian isnt why nokia is selling more no. of products than se its because of brand name. i can name arond 100 noobs who buy nokia just because the phone is a "nokia phone".

sujoyp

Grand Master
absolutely ...people belive in nokia more bcause they see that more....u must have read latest mobile requirements by people saying "widely available model"....thats what nokia is.....

anyway I would say nokia has the best signal reception of all....its well needed in India

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
symbian isnt why nokia is selling more no. of products than se its because of brand name. i can name arond 100 noobs who buy nokia just because the phone is a "nokia phone".

Yup I agree! A rumour and a belief has spread all over that Nokia phones are good and for this reason people hesitate to switch their decision between Nokia and other phones!

Actually Nokia too is a Chinese phone which is just accepted officially by our country and hence such "brand name".

lol @ Symbian OS, many even don't know what's an OS. Nowhere is the reason behind nokia's fame is an OS!

Coool

I'm Back!:D

But symbian too plays a crucial role in 10k+ phones....leave the n000bs:lol:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
Yup I agree! A rumour and a belief has spread all over that Nokia phones are good and for this reason people hesitate to switch their decision between Nokia and other phones!
its not a rumour, nokia phones are definitely durable than most phones in the market, i have had 2 dead se phones before switching to nokia.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
lol @ Symbian OS, many even don't know what's an OS. Nowhere is the reason behind nokia's fame is an OS!
lol, im not saying that symbian sucks, symbian plays a very important role in the sale of phones but not all of it.
lol @ "Nowhere is the reason behind nokia's fame is an OS!" the only reason i suppose nseries is running is because of s60 os

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I also dont know any indian mobile companies that deals with symbian and are looking for placements . Symbian programming is totally different then the subjects you have mentioned and reading your recent post i can conclude that you dont have enough knoledge about symbian programming .

My seniors are placed in Symbian, no doubts.
And i never said i know symbian programming.

XS++ is a very famous sony ericsson flashing software. go figure out who is the XS++ team. ;) ! Also small mistake in XS++ code, means 1000s of dead sony ericsson phones. And its not the case, only dumb XS++ users end up with dead SE phones.

PS: B'lore is the IT capital.

Most of the guys don't participate in forums at all, and so going by your logic, the people from our college who all get projects in google summer of code are Dumb in programming. As they don't participate in online programming forum. isn't it ? Add me to the list ;)

Enough of OT, get back to Nokia vs SE. :grin: !!!!

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Exactly, As DISC_JUNKIE said, many don't know about OS. Most of nokia customers. Which is low to mid end phones....

sujoyp

Grand Master
its not a rumour, nokia phones are definitely durable than most phones in the market, i have had 2 dead se phones before switching to nokia.

None of my last 4 se phones got dead....i am using SE from last 7 years ...in between used Nokia too:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom