N81, the Truth...(the Nokia VS SE battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I previously had k750 , used for 5 months then i got bored and sold it and got w810 . After 4 months got bored of it too and gave it to my mother since i hardly used its camera and my shuffle sounded better than it .There was nothing more to do with it really . Then i changed the platform and for the first time i got s60 device N91 . Even tough it was buggy and heavy and huge etc , i actually liked it . Not just the sound quality but also its software platform . Tried so many different things with it but finally some su**er stole it . I used it for more then a year but i didnt get bored neither it broke . Yes nokia has bad built quality but these phones are not weak . If sony had symbian in it they would have been best , they have tried this platform in the past but were not successful . Why has iphone won hearts of people even if it could not compete with mere 10k phones is that because of its software platform .
For the buyer i was shocked to hear that nokia would provide only 6 months warranty , this is all nonsence and the dealer was fooling you . I got n91 when it was on its way of extinction and still got full warranty with it .
Ps : My mother still uses w810 without any problem and does not get bored at all , are all SE loving people are aunties and uncles like my mother .... just kidding :-D.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I too have used both SE and Nokias but the thing is SE has lots of eye candy...
People see my T700 with wide eyes...its soo stylish.....I dont think apart from 5800 nokia has any glamor left.

Ok I admit that I too got bored with SE os ....but its soo smooth and soo many flash themes available makes it soo eye catching everytime....

I too installed lots of application in my previous N70 and this SE T700....didnt even used 3 of 15-20 application.

mostly I hear songs and take snaps ocassionally . use face wrap to have fun with pics.
Ya I play some games and Java games r also too good....like asphalt 4 ...NFS...offroad MX..Race driver..but loved preinstalledsuper breakout
SE phones rocks in playing a java file...S40 series is very poor in that.

All in all i would say that SE eye candy+symbian will be ultimate:oops:

I am waiting for IDOU to fullfill the dream.:mrgreen:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@OP. Dude, organize your content better by giving appropriate headers, bolding, underline.. Its a pain to read!
-----
I generally find Nokia phones much more preferable than SE. But N81 is horrible!
What you bought was a better option for you maybe.

Last edited:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I too have used both SE and Nokias but the thing is SE has lots of eye candy...

Ok I admit that I too got bored with SE os ....but its soo smooth and soo many flash themes available makes it soo eye catching everytime....

:mrgreen:
I really dont understand how themes can make a phone eye catching . If you take out your phone on the street no one is gonna look at the screen out of the whole phone and say ," hey dude thats a preety good theme u have , it makes your phone eye catching ." :-D
Its not the themes , for s60 you can get huge amount of themes . Its just that the built of SE phones looks good .

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Btw ,the built quality situatoon should improve becuase nokia has again started to production inhouse. Just look at e71 and see what nokia is actually capable of building. *www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1524431

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Well, I would also like to say that Symbian is Symbian. :> :)

There is no point in comparing the both brands as people have different feature-set which they require in their fone. Some may like SE, and some may like Nokia.

SE phones has huge screen's ( 2" :shock:) with an awesome OS @ Sky-high price :p (Nokia fanboi here)
If you go through my post, I was talking about N81, not a company. :p :)

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The thing where SE lacks is the OS..Symbian is definitely better..

With SE Idou, all this is gonna change coz it will have the latest Symbian OS which is still being developed by Symbian Foundation. Then it will be a real war of the Titans (SE and Nokia)..

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
And there r more no. of apps available 4 the Symbian..
u know thats my point , even though windows has more apps but that doesnt matter much as phone is ment for only essential functions like calling and camera etc etc . but all the required functions are already availeble on both the phones .

windows is vurnurable to viruses so as s60 so it is need to buy antivirus . whereas in se it is based on pripetory os which will defenitely dont run virus outside vm . like linux

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
btw i am useing nokia5800 and my earlier phone was k750 . i defenitely feel k750 is better in terms of usability .i feel lot comfortable with k750 ..

i will get n82 soon . i still dont like symbian but nokia phones are good

Coool

I'm Back!:D
u know thats my point , even though windows has more apps but that doesnt matter much as phone is ment for only essential functions like calling and camera etc etc . but all the required functions are already availeble on both the phones .
windows is vurnurable to viruses so as s60 so it is need to buy antivirus . whereas in se it is based on pripetory os which will defenitely dont run virus outside vm . like linux
im using s60 for about 6months and i dont use any antivirus still my mobile didnt infected to viruses..

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i was useing 5800 since 1 month nad was useing Kaspersky Antivirus still waiting for some virus to come . i even turn on bt in public places and set discovery to on ./

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz

If a phone is mean for only basic functions such as calling and camera then even a basic phone with a 2 MP cam will also suffice..The truth is that a lot of people look these devices as one in all. Convergence is the new mantra..People like to have a device with the best of all features - great music player, superb camera, GPS, Internet on the go along with the basic functions such as calling.. after buying N82 and coupling it with EP-630, I have got a converged device..I don't carry an ipod or a digicam..It is N82 and that is all..

I haven't gotta a virus in any of the Symbian phones that I have bought till date..And even if it does, what is the harm in installing an Antivirus. Don't u protect ur laptops and desktops by installing an antivirus..U cannot dump windows coz it requires an antivirus(it is just an app). Windows 7 is coming which is far superior than all the OS's released by Windows till date..So obviously u will not dump it..Though 7 & Vista have Windows Defender inbuilt which do the task.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz

If a phone is meant for only basic functions such as calling and camera then even a basic phone with a 2 MP cam will also suffice..The truth is that a lot of people look these devices as one in all. Convergence is the new mantra..People like to have a device with the best of all features - great music player, superb camera, GPS, Internet on the go along with the basic functions such as calling.. after buying N82 and coupling it with EP-630, I have got a converged device..I don't carry an ipod or a digicam..It is N82 and that is all..

I haven't gotta a virus in any of the Symbian phones that I have bought till date..And even if it does, what is the harm in installing an Antivirus. Don't u protect ur laptops and desktops by installing an antivirus..U cannot dump windows coz it requires an antivirus(it is just an app). Windows 7 is coming which is far superior than all the OS's released by Windows till date..So obviously u will not dump it..Though 7 & Vista have Windows Defender inbuilt which do the task.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
That's the point. You use only 2-3 apps. Not all of them.

Only losers got all the time in the world to check out 1000s of apps.

For SE as said, you get all the necessary basic java apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom