Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yup ,once ,when i was in school ,i went to a music shop.I asked if i can have a look at one nice guitar.
the guy said
"do you have money ,do you intend to buy it ?''

Indian salesman generally are deprived of the common sense to display courtesy.

- - - Updated - - -

Furtados is expensive as hell. There is a shop on MG road, I don't remember the name. Let me check and see.

Yeah. I posted this on Reddit sometime back: Looks for guitar gear in Pune. : pune

You can also get gear from Bajaao.com if you want.

Thanks for the link. Will check out Divine Music.

- - - Updated - - -

Learning fingerpicking. Incredibly useful.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Dude, that's fantastic ! Do more stuff like that.

Learning songs. Don't get motivation while practicing techniques.

Particularly, this song.
Guitar Song 1 Tab by Metro 2033 | Songsterr Tabs with Rhythm

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
So, I can play this now :p
[YOUTUBE]IaSIPQ-Bdc8[/YOUTUBE]

Easy now that chord switching and strumming is clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Another cool tutorial, pretty easy
[YOUTUBE]RvDHJG20o-Q[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -

third song, another great one
[YOUTUBE]6kzpeMiUpaQ[/YOUTUBE]

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
not believing until we see it :p ,its been a year or so , lets see your progress

Soon, recording on cell. Will do a proper recording. But the progress so far been good.

Another good tutorial

- - - Updated - - -

This one with barre chord and power chords later. Will be helpful getting the shifts good for barre chord.
[YOUTUBE]fO1Ice0ys0A[/YOUTUBE]

Gollum

Collector
I find the minigame called castle chordead in rocksmith 2014 to be best for practice. it gives you a set of chords in random order in a fun way making you learn and memorize the chords as you play.
[YOUTUBE]ciJ6EO2XVYg[/YOUTUBE]

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Does not teach chord progressions.

It's not that good to be honest. The chords are too randomized. There is no particular strum pattern. Also, you are concentrating so much on what's going on on the screen to observe what you are actually holding.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Agree with Desmond.

Rocksmith is good for practice but it teaches less about progressions and rhythm. And the strumming pattern is not at all there as far as I know. I find it now better to learn by playing a song.

And I still say that Rocksmith helped me a lot.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah. Chords are not just about the pattern of the fingers, but also how they sound because there are more than one way of holding any particular chord but they all sound the same each time. No point learning chords of you can't guess which chord it is just by listening.

Gollum

Collector
Yeah. Chords are not just about the pattern of the fingers, but also how they sound because there are more than one way of holding any particular chord but they all sound the same each time. No point learning chords of you can't guess which chord it is just by listening.

True that.
I am talking about being able to shift to any chord in any random song.
not about learning music but muscle memory.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What you need is ear training. There's this app on android called Perfect Ear 2. It will train you in intervals and chords identification.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Haha

Now, this is the 4th song :D
[YOUTUBE]RZu6rMffErE[/YOUTUBE]

justin knows the accurate way. And it's a great exercise for almost barre and long shifts.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Oh. Hadn't seen link. Lel.

You should try John Petrucci's Rock Discipline video too. He teaches from basic exercises to advanced techniques. You can find it on torrents.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Oh. Hadn't seen link. Lel.

You should try John Petrucci's Rock Discipline video too. He teaches from basic exercises to advanced techniques. You can find it on torrents.

Will check out but I am still in the middle of beginner and intermediate level.

John Petrucci from Dream Theatre, I have listened to that guy playing. Another maestro is Jimi Hendrix. And Mr. Joe Satriani too.

Top Bottom