Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Been learning fingerstyle for sometime

How difficult do you think this tab is ? You can listen to the song on youtube.
You Were There (Ico) Guitar Tab | Game Tabs // Video Game Tablature

Does not seem too hard. Can get it with practice.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are interested, try the Diablo Tristram theme on fingerstyle. That's awesome as well.

You can find the tab on UltimateGuitar.com

Guitar cover of the same:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Does not seem too hard. Can get it with practice.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are interested, try the Diablo Tristram theme on fingerstyle. That's awesome as well.

You can find the tab on UltimateGuitar.com

It's a mix of all sort of difficulty. I will probably need more practice to get it all.
Strumming is easier while chord switching but fingerstyle adds another layer of difficulty.

Here is t he guitar cover for the one I posted
[YOUTUBE]RzMAzFPCLmE[/YOUTUBE]

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
After seeing all these videos, I am thinking of buying myself a nylon string guitar.

Nylon string guitars have the best attack I have ever heard.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Get one then :p

Another good track, i lack the speed and the b part is tough
[YOUTUBE]NIOiW56Mgg0[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION]

Uploaded slow part of the song, sounds melodious though
Romanza Sloooooooooooow 0.1 by psygeist - Hear the world’s sounds

Really need to maintain control and speed up both hands finger. I find it easier and faster to strum and chord shift. But I am liking fingerstyle too.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^Get one then :p

Another good track, i lack the speed and the b part is tough
[YOUTUBE]NIOiW56Mgg0[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION]

Uploaded slow part of the song, sounds melodious though
Romanza Sloooooooooooow 0.1 by psygeist - Hear the world’s sounds

Really need to maintain control and speed up both hands finger. I find it easier and faster to strum and chord shift. But I am liking fingerstyle too.

Sounds cool. Show me tabs.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Here's my cover of Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There. I recorded on my acoustic, so volume is a bit low. Also I played it a bit fast than the song actually is, so made some mistakes.

*soundcloud.com/desmond-david/pink-floyd-is-there-anybody

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Here's my cover of Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There. I recorded on my acoustic, so volume is a bit low. Also I played it a bit fast than the song actually is, so made some mistakes.

*soundcloud.com/desmond-david/pink-floyd-is-there-anybody

That's nicely played.

I should pick up my speed too, and the endurance.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Even after playing for so long, I still don't know how pinch harmonics work. They work when I am playing subconsciously as part of a song, but if I play consciously, its never audible.

Gollum

Collector
Even after playing for so long, I still don't know how pinch harmonics work. They work when I am playing subconsciously as part of a song, but if I play consciously, its never audible.

am i hearing this right?
seriously dude?
like just touch the string lightly on top of the fret that's all and release as soon as you pick.
don't push down on the string.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think you guys are mistaking Pinch Harmonics with Artificial Harmonics. Two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what Artificial Harmonics are. You lightly touch the strings.

In Pinch Harmonics, you play a note and touch the string immediately after with the back of your thumb of your picking hand. Much harder than you think.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I think you guys are mistaking Pinch Harmonics with Artificial Harmonics. Two different things.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what Artificial Harmonics are. You lightly touch the strings.

In Pinch Harmonics, you play a note and touch the string immediately after with the back of your thumb of your picking hand. Much harder than you think.

This ?
[YOUTUBE]5I5O8P-r5Rk[/YOUTUBE]

bikramjitkar

In the zone

Hold the pick between your thumb and index finger in such a way that only a tiny bit of the tip of the pick is sticking out. Then, when you pick a string, lightly touch the string with the side of your thumb just as you pick it. Also, there are specific points between your pickups where the harmonics are much louder depending on the fret you're on. You need to experiment to find and remember those points as well. You can play them subconsciously because you're accidentally touching the string with your thumb while picking. With a lot of gain, they are not too difficult to produce.

Pinch Harmonics: Squealies (Guitar Lesson TE-012) How to play - YouTube

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ya that 'screaming' sound...I thought it was the same as on acoustics i.e easy to get on 12th fret.

Yeah. It's called Squealing informally.

- - - Updated - - -

Hold the pick between your thumb and index finger in such a way that only a tiny bit of the tip of the pick is sticking out. Then, when you pick a string, lightly touch the string with the side of your thumb just as you pick it. Also, there are specific points between your pickups where the harmonics are much louder depending on the fret you're on. You need to experiment to find and remember those points as well. You can play them subconsciously because you're accidentally touching the string with your thumb while picking. With a lot of gain, they are not too difficult to produce.

Pinch Harmonics: Squealies (Guitar Lesson TE-012) How to play - YouTube

I can do it re. Only not consciously.

When I am demonstrating it to someone, it won't work. When I play a song that has it, then it works.

Top Bottom