Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Can you translate what you hear in your head onto the guitar? That would be a real milestone.

But, its easier to make a rhythm first and try to write lyrics around them.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Can you translate what you hear in your head onto the guitar? That would be a real milestone.

But, its easier to make a rhythm first and try to write lyrics around them.

haha...right. That will be a major milestone. Hope to be able to do that by the end of 2015 or before.

But I am quite sure that I am getting better at music and guitar.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You could also try to hum a tune and try to find the chords around it. You could add lyrics later.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^^That's still a long way for me.

Barre chords. Any advice ?

First learn to hold strings with the index finger without the rest of the fingers. At least try to make sure all the strings are getting fretted, if not at least the top 2 and the bottom 2. Adjust your finger till you find a position that you are comfortable with and are sure that all strings are getting fretted. Strum slowly to find which strings sound damp and adjust your finger till you find what works for you. After this proceed to hold the rest of the fingers.

- - - Updated - - -

If any of you guys want to buy pedals, there is this new Indian company called IRET Guitar Enhancements that are making great quality pedals at a reasonable price. Check them out.

Home

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks, Desmond.
[MENTION=128807]Nanducob[/MENTION]
asking for the way. I cannot just dip my fingers in plaster of paris for strength :p

Found this video explaining quite well how to strum chords
[YOUTUBE]RvDHJG20o-Q[/YOUTUBE]

- - - Updated - - -

If any of you guys want to buy pedals, there is this new Indian company called IRET Guitar Enhancements that are making great quality pedals at a reasonable price. Check them out.

Home

Space Oddiity - cool reference, bro

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Which other guitar do you own ?

I dismantled my Classic Vibe today. Got to know more about today. All shiny now

axes2t2

I am a cat
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]

The other one is a Crusader acoustic.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an awesome guitar. I used to own that one before my current guitar. It stood a lot of punishment and could play everything I threw at it.
My amp is a Peavey :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=156672]Desmond[/MENTION]

Which one do you own now ?

I assume your ibanez was the one which got broken by some twats ?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Can't stand the stupidity of guys in music shops.I asked for .054 guitar strings for low tuning and the guy says that super light strings (.050) are best for low tuning :facepalm: I said that he is WRONG.he got no fact to backup.
There was another dumb girl who came to repair violin kept telling me that heavy /medium strings are hard to play;whatever,all I asked was medium/heavy strings for low tuning,seemed like she wanted to show off that she is the master.
Then she asked me if the strings are 440 :lol:
I asked "440 what?" Frequency?
Silence.

Bunch of "know all" douchebags.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^^heavy/medium are hard to play indeed, relatively.

Yes I knew it.its simple .thicker the string hard to play. less slack for low tuning,anyways thats better than asking if strings are 440.
What I meant was if I don't know about something I would be modest about it ,what is the relation between 440 and low tuning ,do I need to care about 440 or guage for low tuning

- - - Updated - - -

I also have very bad experience from 3 music shops in my place.will post at night

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
From that I realized that I need good shops address in Pune.

Desmond, you might be more aware about that ?

Already know Furtados but they kind of price higher.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Can't stand the stupidity of guys in music shops.I asked for .054 guitar strings for low tuning and the guy says that super light strings (.050) are best for low tuning :facepalm: I said that he is WRONG.he got no fact to backup.
There was another dumb girl who came to repair violin kept telling me that heavy /medium strings are hard to play;whatever,all I asked was medium/heavy strings for low tuning,seemed like she wanted to show off that she is the master.
Then she asked me if the strings are 440 :lol:
I asked "440 what?" Frequency?
Silence.

Bunch of "know all" douchebags.

This is why I buy stuff online whenever I can. No d-bags to deal with. If I have to go to shop I ask for the exact thing I want and walk out if they don't have it.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
This is why I buy stuff online whenever I can. No d-bags to deal with. If I have to go to shop I ask for the exact thing I want and walk out if they don't have it.

yup ,once ,when i was in school ,i went to a music shop.I asked if i can have a look at one nice guitar.
the guy said
"do you have money ,do you intend to buy it ?''

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
From that I realized that I need good shops address in Pune.

Desmond, you might be more aware about that ?

Already know Furtados but they kind of price higher.

Furtados is expensive as hell. There is a shop on MG road, I don't remember the name. Let me check and see.

Yeah. I posted this on Reddit sometime back: Looks for guitar gear in Pune. : pune

You can also get gear from Bajaao.com if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

yup ,once ,when i was in school ,i went to a music shop.I asked if i can have a look at one nice guitar.
the guy said
"do you have money ,do you intend to buy it ?''

Wow. That is a whole new level of douchebaggery.

Top Bottom