Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Gollum

Collector
Download Pod Farm and ASIO4All. You can use the Rocksmith cable and set up your effects chain on the PC using Pod Farm and play. However, you cannot record using audio recording software because ASIO4All only detects one input/output pair at a time.

Let me know if you want detailed steps.

i know how to use asio. i made a tutorial for it to use that with guitar rig.
but i dont use it. i only use rockamith and my guitr is more like a toy than an instrument.

- - - Updated - - -

btw, since youhave rs. try cold company

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have it Rocksmith, but my guitar intonation is off. Rocksmith detects the wrong notes because of that. Will try after I get my guitar fixed.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No. Intonation is a different thing. It usually happens when you put new strings.

I don't know the proper technicalities of this, but I will explain it the way I see it.

Intonation means accuracy of pitch. The ability of your instrument to reproduce the correct pitch corresponding to the note that you play. That means, that when you play the 0th and 12th frets on the high E string, the notes would always be an E. That also means that the harmonics are correct as well (that is how I check the intonation of the guitar).

When the intonation goes off, that means that the guitar is not producing notes accurately. That is, when I play an open E on the high E string on a properly tuned guitar, the note will be an E, but if I play any consequent notes, they might either be slightly sharper of flat. That means, the higher up the fretboard you play, the more inaccurate your notes become and anything you play will sound like crap, regardless of how well you tuned your guitar. That means, if the note at 0 is an E, the note at 12 could be slightly sharper or flatter than E or in the worst case, F or D#.

This problem can usually be fixed by modifying the string length via the bridge saddles. If the notes are sharper, the string length is increased and if the notes are flatter, the string length is increased. But certain factors require you to go to the repairman.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Download Pod Farm and ASIO4All. You can use the Rocksmith cable and set up your effects chain on the PC using Pod Farm and play. However, you cannot record using audio recording software because ASIO4All only detects one input/output pair at a time.

Let me know if you want detailed steps.

Actually you can record with ASIO4ALL. I use Reaper for recording and Guitar Rig VST for the effects.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is the neck of the guitar bent? What guitar is it Desmond David?

Yes, its an LTD M-50.

The problem is that I put in 10-46 gauge ProSteel d'Addarios because I felt the old 9-42 ones were a little too slack. But I think the guitar does not support these without some adjustment. I have adjusted the bridge saddles as back as I can, but the intonation is still off. I will have to check with the repair guy to see if he can fix it somehow, or I will have to go back to the 9-42 gauge strings.

Gollum

Collector
Yes, its an LTD M-50.

The problem is that I put in 10-46 gauge ProSteel d'Addarios because I felt the old 9-42 ones were a little too slack. But I think the guitar does not support these without some adjustment. I have adjusted the bridge saddles as back as I can, but the intonation is still off. I will have to check with the repair guy to see if he can fix it somehow, or I will have to go back to the 9-42 gauge strings.

I used hybrid slinky on my pacifica
no issues, Check your fret board, see if its bent or what about the pickup height? I may be talking gibberish here.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Nothing's wrong with the neck and the pickup height.

- - - Updated - - -

Just intonation needs fixing.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Guys can you suggest me good acoustic guiter under 10K . Thanks
And what you think about Yamaha F310?

Top Bottom