Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the Lessons are bugged. They don't start immediately and I have to reinsert the cable to start them. Also, it lags while playing the lesson riffs and I have a hard time playing them correctly. However, there is no lag while learning songs. I got a 25% mastery on my first attempt of The Trooper. Still, it is a weird way of learning guitar.

Gollum

Collector
I think the Lessons are bugged. They don't start immediately and I have to reinsert the cable to start them. Also, it lags while playing the lesson riffs and I have a hard time playing them correctly. However, there is no lag while learning songs. I got a 25% mastery on my first attempt of The Trooper. Still, it is a weird way of learning guitar.

what are your pc specs? you can try to lower the display settings.
have you updated the game yet?
lessons are important for learning what each shape of the note means.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
what are your pc specs? you can try to lower the display settings.
have you updated the game yet?
lessons are important for learning what each shape of the note means.

I stopped giving a damn about the lessons, I already know most of it. I just play songs using the riff repeater and sometimes I play guirarcade.

I also found that I can use the RealTone cable with amp modelers such as POD Farm 2. However I am unable to record using it since ASIO4all only supports one input and output at a time.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Rejoice. This site will identify the chords in any song. Just paste the youtube/soundcloud link of the song.

Tune into Chords - Chordify

Gollum

Collector
Rejoice. This site will identify the chords in any song. Just paste the youtube/soundcloud link of the song.

Tune into Chords - Chordify

Awesome!

Also,
I broke my first string today while tuning. Well they were getting pretty old now.
Can you give me a good suggestion for strings and brands. I like to do a lot of bending an vibrato on the guitar with E standard tuning.

PS: I have never replaced the strings on a guitar before, do you think I should just take my guitar to a music shop to get it done there?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Strings don't break until you abuse them. Could be because you over tightened the strings. Always loosen the strings before you tune them. Also, stop relying on electronic tuners.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
An online tab editor for guitarists : Tab and Play - Online Guitar

I use this at work to play some tunes.

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote this tab for the theme music of tetris by ear. Guitarists try this out and tell me what you think :

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------4--------------------------
-4--------------------4----------------4-------------------5----7-5-4--4---4----------------------
----3-4-6--4-3------4----6-4-3--3-4-6-----4-----------6--6---------------6----6-4-3--3-4-6-----
---------------6--6--------------------------6--6---------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---4-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6-----4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------6--6-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't tried the hammer ons and pull offs yet. Will attempt with those later.

- - - Updated - - -

If you keyboardists want the notes, here they are :

D#
A# B C#
B A# F#
F# B D#
C# B A#
A# B C#
D#
B
F# F#

C#
C# E G#
F# E D#
D# B D#
C# B A#
A# B C#
D#
B
F# F#

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Download Pod Farm and ASIO4All. You can use the Rocksmith cable and set up your effects chain on the PC using Pod Farm and play. However, you cannot record using audio recording software because ASIO4All only detects one input/output pair at a time.

Let me know if you want detailed steps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom