Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

I can't believe you guys want to watch for Jason Statham. I watched for Ed Norton and Chalize Theron (that black bra scene is soo....:twisted:).

Its nt like that, actually i am noob in hollywood flicks ... sirf yehi naam yaad aya us time hint dene ke liye to bol diya .....i dnt think there was much for him to do in that film ....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@grudgy and goobi. Do u hav any 1080p movies? Approx general size??
I've only 720p. The size depends on the runtime. A run up...
--> Planet Earth , each epic is 45 mins and it's 2.3 GB totally 24 GB
-- > HDTV rips, all around 4.4 GB ; got many titles, say over 15.
-- > HD DVD/ Blu Ray rips, minumum 6.7 GB ; have 300 and couple others

goobi might have 1080p coz he watches in PC with high resolution. My Mac resolution is 1440X900 so 1080p is not that effective. Plus my net connection (this is the main reason) is too slow for 1080p stuffs.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
this one's a little old but really gr8 : spirit : the stallion of the cimarron...gr8 story, animation n music

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep had seen that looong back.. Great old style animation.
Also see Sinbad (animated). Good ol' Disney.

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Movie Name:Jab We Met
Language:Hindi
Genre:[SIZE=-1] Romance/Comedy.

Really a refreshing movie. :)
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

goobimama

 Macboy
The size depends on bitrate, runtime (highly), sound quality.

Bitrate generally remains the same. HD DVDs rips and Blurays are 4.3GB to 6.55GB. The good ones however are given a generous bitrate and good audio quality hence they touch 7.93GB.

I don't get 1080p movies. They are a waste of space/bandwidth unless you have a 37"+ HDTV...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Has anyone watched "Vacancy" here? I think no one has recommended it. Its a very scary and full of suspense movie.

I watched it today and man its a must watch movie. The story is a couple takes a room in a hotel to spend the night and they start watching the video tapes found at the TV table. What they notice is that the movie they are watching was made in the same room and 2 men were killing the couple in that movie.

A really thriller...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah vacancy is good one

I like to watch Jason cuz that man really looks perfect in action movies(dont think otherwise), but yeah i do rate movies based on performance and storyline.

FYI transporter 1 rocked and 2 sucked big time :D

Will give my verdict on this later.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Spirit : Stallion of the Cimarron is the best animation movie ever made IMHO.Stunning Music and Excellent Screenplay are just some of the features that make the movie worthwhile to watch

liquid_snake

Broken In
hey ppl i wonder if u have seen the classics SAVING PRIVATE RYAN & BAND OF BROTHERS if not then u surely have posted the list just to increase ur post counts both wwII based & games have been made on both titles under medal of honor tag & ya tom hanks adds beauty to both tilles

goobimama

 Macboy
I tried Band of Brothers. Got a little bored. I guess it would be fun if you were american. I couldn't connect with it. Gave up after 6 episodes...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hey ppl i wonder if u have seen the classics SAVING PRIVATE RYAN & BAND OF BROTHERS if not then u surely have posted the list just to increase ur post counts both wwII based & games have been made on both titles under medal of honor tag & ya tom hanks adds beauty to both tilles
post count doesn't matter in chit chat section :D

pushkaraj

In the zone
Last week my exam got over.
So on friday night, i watched from 10 to 4, three movies back to back:
The invisible(6/10)
Breach(7/10)
Deja vu(7/10)

The next day i watched:
National treasure(8/10)
Zodiac(7/10)
Police academy 1(8/10)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
hey , anybody catching Tom and Jerry...??...!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/111.gif
Sure. I had 10 VHS tapes of Tom and Jerry Kids. Now got the complete collection of Tom and Jerry in DVD. :cool:

pushkaraj said:
Last week my exam got over.
Hmm... mundane things like exams don't come in my way to catch up with movies. :D

pushkaraj

In the zone
@T159, yes it's the same good old series:grin: I have all the 7 movies from that series. Am yet to watch the remaining 6

Top Bottom