Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

kaz

right here
so may singham 2 posts ... now I see how these pile of shits make 200 crs ....... every single one criticises it, but still wast their money to go and see it .....

I haven't seen the 1st part yet...Saw one scene on TV where Ajay Devgan hit a guy on his head and he bounces on the floor :rofl: I couldn't take more :p

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Singham first part is a very entertaining movie especially due to the prakash raj's over the top performance. As the above poster said, ill still watch the 2 despite negative reviews cuz wat will i do sitting at home while friends are out there enjoying popcorn :p

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^You want to spend Rs 170 (approx) just on popcorn! You must be very rich!:shock:

Anyways guys I have seen singham returns(somebody else paid for the tickets:D) & its just a typical rohit shetty masala flick. Story is same only presentation is different. Yes the first film compared to this is better but this one also entertains if you consider yourself an average minded movie watcher.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
170 is just for the ticket, with popcorn n coke its always another 150 bucks, so a weekend movie will always make you shed something between 350-400 rs per movie, plus your time as well. I never wast that kind of money and time of piece of craps like singhams, roudy rathors and boduguards ..... there are still movies made which are worth a wait for my money and time ..... and I patiently wait for those .....

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^I think at big cinemas last I had coke & popcorn for approx 80 Rs extra. The movie was I don't remember clearly maybe avengers.

Anyways chances are Bang Bang will also be a crap movie but might earn around 100 crores considering some stupid indian mentalities. After watching few scenes of knight & day I had to quit & they are remaking that stupid movie.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Singham first part is a very entertaining movie especially due to the prakash raj's over the top performance. As the above poster said, ill still watch the 2 despite negative reviews cuz wat will i do sitting at home while friends are out there enjoying popcorn :p

YOur definition of entertainment must be pretty broad(very respectfully putting), else singham kind of movies does not seem to be entertaining at all. Even I do like over the top comedies with sometimes too stupid situations, but it has to have some kind of intellect level to tingle those senses. Something like earlier david dhawan movies used to do. But rohit shetty (after a very good golmaal 1) just lost it completely ..... now they are a complete pile of junk,( sadly a money making junk), and that is the reason he does not even care to bring any quality (and hardwork) in his movies what so ever, coz he knows he will always find audience like you (no disrespect) to shove his already deep pock with more money ........

- - - Updated - - -

^^I think at big cinemas last I had coke & popcorn for approx 80 Rs extra. .

which planet .....errrrrr which state you live in bro ..... Delhi NCR any decent level of multiplex has a popcorn coke combo not less than 150 bucks ...

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
YOur definition of entertainment must be pretty broad(very respectfully putting), else singham kind of movies does not seem to be entertaining at all.

I actually rarely enjoy hindi movies nowadays but there are exceptions. Singham was very good , fast paced, with good humour thrown in and masala action scenes. You should give that a chance. And i totally diss hindi movies when they are bad i.e. Humshakals which is cringeworthy bad, that dog imitation scene was like i wanted to slap Sajid khan for putting me through that torture. Even Dabbang was good. Masala movies , if done well, can be a lot of fun and the fun becomes twice fold when you are with friends in a theater.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we have a new rule ?
To post imdb links ?

or make plugin that puts one.. automatically ?! feature request to admins!

More than that, i think people who just state a movie and give a ranking and add nothing else should be banned from posting :p . Adds nothing to this thread.

quan chi

mortal kombat
which planet .....errrrrr which state you live in bro ..... Delhi NCR any decent level of multiplex has a popcorn coke combo not less than 150 bucks ...
Then I don't know. Generally I avoid soft drinks & popcorns as I don't enjoy popcorn much.
If I remember correctly here in mumbai the ticket price was around rs 110 (avengers or not i am not sure) the counter guy asked me if I wanted some refreshment coupon too by mistake I said yes & I had to pay around 190rs. Thus I don't know the current state now.

Flash

Lost in speed
Hotel Rwanda - 10/10

Spellbound. Haven't watched any war crime movie like this. Don Cheadle's acting is top notch. Only after watching the movie, i came to know that it's based on a real-life event.
Feel very sad for the poor souls of Rwanda who died on the genocide.

Actually people can watch all the movies under this wiki category: Category:Epic films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As the name say, all are epic.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Going to cinema is just not worth it in my opinion. A home theater setup will save you time, unwanted distraction and money in longer run.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Going to cinema is just not worth it in my opinion. A home theater setup will save you time, unwanted distraction and money in longer run.

It's true "now", when Cinema theaters have commercialized beyond limit.

Offtopic:
Anyway, [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: I recently watched "Pan's Labyrinth" and was wondering whether your nick was inspired from the Faun in it?

Hrishi

Has anyone seen the last movie featuring "Paul Walker" , The Brick Mansions ?
I didn't see the movie completely , because I think I have seen an exact story and action plot before. It reminds me of another movie , I have seen way before.

So here goes another replica movie. Hollywood copying from Hollywood. Well , will have to watch this movie completely to give a verdict though.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone seen the last movie featuring "Paul Walker" , The Brick Mansions ?
I didn't see the movie completely , because I think I have seen an exact story and action plot before. It reminds me of another movie , I have seen way before.

So here goes another replica movie. Hollywood copying from Hollywood. Well , will have to watch this movie completely to give a verdict though.

I researched regarding this after reading your post and the original is a french movie called Banlieue 13 which is highly rated and this english remake has been trashed. Thanks, im downloading the french one now and its sequel :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Offtopic:
Anyway, [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: I recently watched "Pan's Labyrinth" and was wondering whether your nick was inspired from the Faun in it?

Yeah. He is a magnificent creature.

Have you noticed that Faun's appearance changes as the movie gears towards end. Look at his eyes and overall appearance.

I researched regarding this after reading your post and the original is a french movie called Banlieue 13 which is highly rated and this english remake has been trashed. Thanks, im downloading the french one now and its sequel :)

Classy free-running movie (District 13). There is a second part too, though not as good.

amjath

Human Spambot

Its good worth a try and good soundtrack too

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah. He is a magnificent creature.
Have you noticed that Faun's appearance changes as the movie gears towards end. Look at his eyes and overall appearance.

Whoa. Didn't notice it. I was busy noticing the pretty girl played by Ivana Baquero, a fine actress! :p

Flash

Lost in speed
Both the French and American versions, starred by David Belle.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Singham returns is entertaining.

And i went for some light hearted entertainment. My paisa vasool.

Hence im not complaining.

Most importantly my friends went too and that made it better. This movie is even better with friends. Not everytime you have to watch a "deep" movie with multilayered stories and philosophy. It surely beat sitting at home.

And i myself said its a total crap and meaningless movie. But i still enjoyed it. ;)

Top Bottom