Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Tamil [STRIKE]Singham[/STRIKE] singam movie starred by Surya.
Hindi Singham movie which is a remake of Tamil [STRIKE]Singham[/STRIKE] singam, starred by Ajay.

I am not sure if he means that since I have mentioned it clearly (see the correction above) which shows which version I have seen.:)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Saw Singam & singam II. Singam has better jokes than singham.
Otherwise the hindi versions are more polished & better.

Hindi or Tamil?

My Apologies looks like you were referring to the movies made in Tamil starring Suriya.
Doesn't matter if you watched it in tamil or dubbed version or with subtitles as long as it stars Suriya.
I personally felt both the Tamil sequel and the hindi sequel weren't as good as their prequels.

- - - Updated - - -

Love Failure.
Such a pathetic movie I wish I hadn't seen this. Somebody told me the movies is good and hence was waiting for long time to watch this one. Finally they released the movie on DVD a month ago. I wish they had not released it. :(

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I almost got bashed today for making fun of Maghadheera
Got some very simple and good logic. If Hollywood can make Avengers or Superman, why cannot we make Maghadheera
also, I thought people were crazy about Bollywood, but people in South India are craazier.

And TIL that loving someone enough to die for them is not some romantic filmy thing, it is actually normal way of life. Wow.

Now I know action director, stunt co-ordinator, producer, director, cameraman, costume artist, hero, heroine and villain of Bahubali

quan chi

mortal kombat
I felt that the tamil sequel of singham was a horrible one. :/
yet to watch hindi version..
Yes it has nothing but surya only. In almost every scene he shouts,fights,dance,romance..etc..etc.moreover the damn movie is almost 3 hrs long. First hour is interesting later its just downhill.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I almost got bashed today for making fun of Maghadheera
Got some very simple and good logic. If Hollywood can make Avengers or Superman, why cannot we make Maghadheera
also, I thought people were crazy about Bollywood, but people in South India are craazier.

And TIL that loving someone enough to die for them is not some romantic filmy thing, it is actually normal way of life. Wow.

Now I know action director, stunt co-ordinator, producer, director, cameraman, costume artist, hero, heroine and villain of Bahubali

Magadheera is a good movie. You can make fun of it. It has absurd scenes. But it is a movie. And it is good to watch :p.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Incendies. Wow. I very rarely rate movies greater than 8, however i have to give this a 9. This movie has to be seen by everyone. Discussing it is not worthwhile.

Incendies (2010) - IMDb

No offense to anybody just my observation. (Few films are exception thus they become hit like shivaji)

You are watching a south film if.

1. The hero beats everyone.
2. Hero suffers less no matter how he gets beaten up.
3. There are at least 3-5 songs where the hero is dancing with the heroine.
4. The hero's father is very rich or he belongs from a rich zamindaar type of family.
5. Kelly Dorji or Mukesh Rishi or Ashish Vidyarthi or all of them are villains.
6. Kelly Dorji after landing from helicopter gets beaten up by the hero in climax.
7. During the end credits they show making of the film on left side.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yes it has nothing but surya only. In almost every scene he shouts,fights,dance,romance..etc..etc.moreover the damn movie is almost 3 hrs long. First hour is interesting later its just downhill.

Pretty much same feeling here. Made just for the heck of it.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The inside man
I think the chayian chayian song is kind of inappropriate for this movie. It was just added to make it stylish I suppose.:D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION]: Firefly game!!! :O
Jewel Staite Performs Voiceover for Firefly Online - IGN

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Its an MMORPG, which aint a very success in India, with poor net and latency, none the less, looks exciting and I will give it a try when it releases .... thanks for sharing, and I must say I was surprised to see that you remembered how big a fan I am of Firefly and serenity ....:)

I myself am a big fan of Firefly. And I do read your reviews.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Well the village was attacked .... how much intensity had to be put was on the director ... few things are always added to make things more commercial ...... like Mark is saved seconds before being be headed ..... I am sure it wouldnt have happened in true sense, but over all tone of the movie was serious and real enough to make up for these flaws ...

In case you didn't notice, the soundtrack was composed by Explosions in The Sky.

If you like the background score then you should try their album The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

icebags

Technomancer
^^ Its an MMORPG, which aint a very success in India, with poor net and latency, none the less, looks exciting and I will give it a try when it releases .... thanks for sharing, and I must say I was surprised to see that you remembered how big a fan I am of Firefly and serenity ....:)
not a fan of firefly, but jewel staite is awesome. thumbs up !

Top Bottom