Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
watched 2 slasher movies back to back in 2 days. Them and eden lake. it was a coincidence ( or not) that the basic plot was same for both of them. i liked them better as it was total suspense and uncertainty throughout. i would give them 7/10 and eden lake 6/10.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- 7/10, Michael Bay got his explosive hands on this one, and now, its full of stylized action. Climax fight could have been better. Dint try to find story.

One time good watch, period.

P.S. - Megan! come to papa :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Saw guardians of the galaxy again. Will mostly catch it one last time before it gets out of theatres.

looked at the 3D closely, it was good, but unnatural. Clouds in background, nebulas in starfield... all have 3d effect. To see a nebula in 3D you need to have eyes on either side of a galaxy cluster. Then even faces, and closeups of things have same amount of parallax, so if you know and understand 3d, it's like the distance between your eyes is oscillating from a few inches to a couple of hundred light years. Converted 3d... looks good, but distracting and unreal.

screenplay is brilliant, switches between action/comedy/serious in a blink of an eye. there are tons of hidden things, saw buildings from London skyline, and even mad eye moody, this is one of those movies you can watch over and over

quan chi

mortal kombat
Rise of the planet of the apes
I think I missed this movie maybe because I didn't liked the Mark Wahlberg version. Anyways this movie is truly a summer blockbuster movie.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Rise of the planet of the apes
I think I missed this movie maybe because I didn't liked the Mark Wahlberg version. Anyways this movie is truly a summer blockbuster movie.

I watched the one with Mark Wahlberg in Hindi. Hilariously stupid movie.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Saw guardians of the galaxy again. Will mostly catch it one last time before it gets out of theatres.

looked at the 3D closely, it was good, but unnatural. Clouds in background, nebulas in starfield... all have 3d effect. To see a nebula in 3D you need to have eyes on either side of a galaxy cluster. Then even faces, and closeups of things have same amount of parallax, so if you know and understand 3d, it's like the distance between your eyes is oscillating from a few inches to a couple of hundred light years. Converted 3d... looks good, but distracting and unreal.

screenplay is brilliant, switches between action/comedy/serious in a blink of an eye. there are tons of hidden things, saw buildings from London skyline, and even mad eye moody, this is one of those movies you can watch over and over

From your short review, it seems you were more obsessed with the 3D of the movie, then the actual content. Well, doesn't matter to me anyway, I don't watch movie in 3D. But really hoping to catch this movie in theater this weekend!

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Rewatched johnny english .This movie never gets old for me. And the last 15 minutes are belly ache hilarious moments.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I watched the one with Mark Wahlberg in Hindi. Hilariously stupid movie.
The like button was good I miss it in these cases.
you saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ?
No. Like I said I was not at all interested in this series after watching the 2001 version.
But after watching this movie I really want to see the sequel. However some people are saying Dawn of the planet..apes is not as good as this one.

ashs1

Padawan
Guardians of the galaxy : 8/10

Hilarious movie with good animations. The racoon (rocket ) was awesome.. Hats off to bradley cooper for excellent voicing.
I didn't think Batista would be much of an actor, but he pulled it off as well.

One of my fav. quotes from movie :
Well now I'm standing. Happy? We're all standing now. Bunch of jackasses, standing in a circle. :lol:

Might go once again this weekend..( maybe in hindi :p )

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Do you know of any other movies starring Rowan Atkinson of similar genre?

This is a very rare genre of spy thriller/ action movie spoof and he has done only this and its sequel - Johnny english reborn. The other movies that come into mind of similar genre are Pink panther series by Steve Martin.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
The like button was good I miss it in these cases.

No. Like I said I was not at all interested in this series after watching the 2001 version.
But after watching this movie I really want to see the sequel. However some people are saying Dawn of the planet..apes is not as good as this one.

IMO Dawn was a way better movie than Rise , HAIL CAESER .
-------------------

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 9/10 ... You're Welcome ...

*wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2014/05/rocket-1.gif

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Lucy 2/10

There is a beautiful non narrative film called Samsara, Lucy just took sequences from that, put in a few car chases, special fx and gun fights, which are the most basic things the medium of cinema is good for :(
the 100% brain usage thing was also stupid, the human brain has infinite potential even with the 10% or whatever it is we use. It bends the bounds of reality, you can't get god-like powers just by being smart. These powers were not used for anything anyway. She can control computers, radio remotely and wirelessly, but she still uses a keyboard. Perhaps the film wanted to say that we haven't evolved out of greed, lust, hunger, jealousy despite x years of evolution, and these are the things that still motivate us despite all our technological progress, but unfortunately that wasn't actually in the movie. Samsara does this better without even a line of dialogue. Oh and x years of evolution, well they use hundreds, thousands, millions, and billions arbitrarily, without any reason or consistency. Badly researched, horribly executed. Found the movie lame, should have just watched Guardians again. Sorry, but the makers should have used more percentage of their brains.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Does anyone enjoy YMS( your movie sucks) movie reviews on youtube? That guy is so brutally honest and funny. Doesnt give a **** in dissing critically acclaimed movies which are actually mediocre (Looper). Every single review i have seen of his echoes my thoughts about the movie as well. He gave movies like Dawn of the planet of the apes, conjuring, looper a 6/10 he explains it in so much detail as to why the movie is bad/mediocre, its really amazing. On the other hand, lesser praised movies like Bruno(Sacha baron cohen), he praises it extremely for the social and political commentary and i too feel the same.

Top Bottom