Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just had an Trailergasm watching the trailer of "Into the Storm": Into the Storm TRAILER 1 (2014) - Richard Armitage Thriller HD - YouTube

I know the movie seems to be mostly factually incorrect, but so was 2012, but I enjoyed the movie for its sheer nature of destruction! I am gonna enjoy this if I watch it in theater!

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Just had an Trailergasm watching the trailer of "Into the Storm": Into the Storm TRAILER 1 (2014) - Richard Armitage Thriller HD - YouTube

I know the movie seems to be mostly factually incorrect, but so was 2012, but I enjoyed the movie for its sheer nature of destruction! I am gonna enjoy this if I watch it in theater!

looks like a friggin B movie to me ...

quan chi

mortal kombat
Happy new year is going to be another flop movie. Maximum it can be an average but the chances are very low. The joke quality they have shown will not even bring a smile in your face.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Happy new year is going to be another flop movie. Maximum it can be an average but the chances are very low. The joke quality they have shown will not even bring a smile in your face.

I have never really enjoyed any of Farah Khan's movies. They are painful to sit through.

ashs1

Padawan
Saw anjaan( tamil) today. Luckily, it was shown here in inox ( just 1 show).. 5.5/10
Typical masala movie ( like singham, Jilla)
.surya was good. Samantha looked very beautiful ( alas, not much of an actress). Vidyut jamwal and manoj bajpayee were good as well. don't expect too much on the movie plot.. Has too many songs :/

ajayritik

Technomancer
Booked tickets for Singham Returns for Independence day.
This was disappointing and this is coming from an Ajay Devgn fan. There is hardly any story/script in the movie. I know Rohit Shetty movies are like that but atleast there should be significant amount of entertainment. I would rather watch Singham the first part and Gangajaal multiple times rather than watching this.
5/10.
Makes me believe that Rohit Shetty should stick to his mindless comedy stuff.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
You can count on me 8/10 or just slightly less.

Randomly came across this movie but I thought it was much better than a lot of movies I saw recently .

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ender's Game .............. I didnt like the movie ... End of story ..... 6/10 for this .....

- - - Updated - - -

Strange you will compare Gangajal with singham ......former was a pretty gritty and decent movie with later one is piece of huge garbage (which rohit shetty movies are anyway ,,,,,except golmaal first)
Well I know there is difference between both the movies. That's why I mentioned Singham as watching only once and Gangajaal multiple times. But it's disappointing these days even Prakash Jha isn't making that great movies. I personally liked Gangajaal and Aparahan, Rajneeti was ok.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
wow thanks for point me to this really innovative reviewing, this guy not only covers movies but tv episodes as well. Just to test I decided to watch his review of a much acclaimed tv series the walking dead, where for me season 2 was just too boring and bad as compared to one, and now i know the reason ..... (Frank Darabont being fired after the first season) and this guy literally rapes the season 2. The best part is he genuinely also appreciates things that were good and knows what he is saying ... ..... I will be watching more of his reviews and see how it goes ....

Yeah man, that guy is so unafraid of trashing the bad and praising the good and his pacing/presentation combined with his humour is freakin good. I will give you an example where the movie "Rise of the planet of the apes" is getting so much critical acclaim, but he points out that the movie is so filled with cliches -
The fallen hero coming to fight back at the end of the movie , the hero getting to reminisce previous memories by conveniently getting healed in his previous caretaker's home, the villian dying at the edge of the ledge
. For most people, these things are immaterial, but for those who have watched a lot of movies, any unimaginative plot points take away from the enjoyment of the movie.

Its a problem with the whole hollywood review scene nowadays. Popular movies are hyped so much that lesser known,better movies are shrouded and you have to research as to which are the hidden gems which never came into public spotlight. People only know really famous horror movies like Conjuring, but hardly anyone knows about one of the best slasher horror movie in years - "You're next. "

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Singham Returns - 8.5/10

Much better than the 1st part, has some good action (R.I.P Physics though/Some stunts are not at all possible... come on rohit shetty)
Anyway go watch it

This was disappointing and this is coming from an Ajay Devgn fan. There is hardly any story/script in the movie. I know Rohit Shetty movies are like that but atleast there should be significant amount of entertainment. I would rather watch Singham the first part and Gangajaal multiple times rather than watching this.
5/10.
Makes me believe that Rohit Shetty should stick to his mindless comedy stuff.

Yes rohit shetty is no doubt an illiterate director (pun intended) Like you said the first part was decent. This is total garbage. He makes movies for kids or persons having lower IQs like him.
Golmaal 1, singham & bol bachchan(It was okay) were only some decent makes.

He actually wanted to cash in some quick money by releasing it on independence day.

amjath

Human Spambot
Got this as a whatsapp forward for anjaan

Anjaan.
No. of tables with glass tables broken - 34
No. of chairs broken - 27
No. of times Surya randomly meets Samantha - 8
No. of times random bearded creepy guy pops up - 4
No. of flashbacks - 365
No. of slow-mo shots - 1654
No. of toothpick chewing shots - 45
No. of adiyaals with black suits and ties with half Windsor knot - 12
No. of adiyaals with black suits and ties with full Windsor knot - 8
No. of call taxies used -87
When you lose interest to watch a movie in the 2nd minute, you either walk out or count some random things to keep you busy. I unfortunately chose the latter.
Anjaan shows you what is exactly wrong with Tamil Cinema.
For every Jigarthanda struggle, you get 10 Anjaan carpet bombs.
Avoid at all cost. If you already have bought tickets, dump them or use them for revenge.
PS: After the movie ended, a bunch of people distributed a new brand of energy drink for free. Best marketing campaign ever.

Flash

Lost in speed
Patch Adams - 5/5

All could've watched this movie, when we were kids. Excellent acting by Williams, and an interesting story which implies Care & Happiness is more needed for a patient, than the medication.
Vasoolraja MBBS (Munnabhai MBBS in hindi), was heavily inspired by this movie.

I especially liked these scenes when
1. Robin does the military style acting, to get his friend to bathroom.
2. Robin enters the children ward, and making funny gestures.
3. Robin decorates the building in a special way for gynecologists.

This was the funniest quote, i ever heard in a movie..

Arthur Mendelson (pointing towards a guy)
You learn anything about proctology yet Patch? Good, take care of this a$$h0le for me, will ya?

:rofl:

Top Bottom