Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Going to cinema is just not worth it in my opinion. A home theater setup will save you time, unwanted distraction and money in longer run.
For that I have to wait atleast for 2 months for the DVD to release and the period increases if the movie is bigger success. And need to add more couple of weeks if we want a Blu Ray. I invested on one HTS for 30k.

- - - Updated - - -

^^You want to spend Rs 170 (approx) just on popcorn! You must be very rich!:shock:
Try taking a kid along to a movie and you will figure out if you are rich or have to pretend as rich.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
For that I have to wait atleast for 2 months for the DVD to release and the period increases if the movie is bigger success. And need to add more couple of weeks if we want a Blu Ray. I invested on one HTS for 30k.

I prefer to watch the movies from existing backlog. There is no hurry to watch what is currently in theater.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
watch on the big screen please, it is very rare chance, you get to see the film as it was meant to be seen, and you can't go back and do it over again if you want to
skip on the coke and pop corn if you want

Watched Cloud Atlas in theatre - I was the only one in the theater and it was so silent I could here stuff from the next screen. Was surprised they held the screening at all.
Watched Noah in theater - there were like 4 other people
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy, Saturday morning show, there were 12 other people, but still no distractions
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy on Wednesday morning, there were about 30 people this time around, some people were commenting and laughing, but it was actually fun for a change

basically catch the morning shows, less crowd, tickets are cheaper

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
watch on the big screen please, it is very rare chance, you get to see the film as it was meant to be seen, and you can't go back and do it over again if you want to

Watched Cloud Atlas in theatre - I was the only one in the theater and it was so silent I could here stuff from the next screen. Was surprised they held the screening at all.
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy, Saturday morning show, there were 12 other people, but still no distractions
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy on Wednesday morning, there were about 30 people this time around, some people were commenting and laughing, but it was actually fun for a change

I cant catch the morning shows , Theaters are too far from my house .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

I have tried watching movies in theater but it just simply doesn't give the same experience. Haven't got the will to go for morning experiences.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Plus one to watching movies in theaters. But things have changed now for the worse.

Previously I use to find same kind of situation, of me watching a hollywood movie among with handful of other viewers. But recently hollywood movies also pulls a good amount of crowd. Before I use to buy a lower class seat but use to seat in upper class, just because there weren't enough crowd. :lol:

But now, I don't seem to find morning shows for most of the movies. Showtimes start from after 12 noon, just so that theaters can charge whatever the hell they want. Imagine the reaction when I see movies like "Into the Storm" costing above Rs 300 and 400 in morning (after 12 noon) shows. Movies which are in 3D (Guardians of the Galaxy) have no option to view them in 2D. Even the hindi dubbed version are not in 2D. (There is a reason why I don't watch in 3D.) So I can't watch this supposedly epic film. And that just makes me sad knowing I won't be able to watch this movie in theaters. Sad on epic proportions.

I feel like crying sometimes, knowing I don't have choice even if I live in NCR (Delhi and Noida).

If I ever have enough money, I vow to open a theater myself where all shows will be below Rs 200 and which will show only epic movies like Guardians of the Galaxy. And food will be cheaper. I am serious.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Guardians of the Galaxy, title sequence, where tiny Star Lord is dancing, with the Title taking up most of the screen... would not at all be the same on tv or laptops :(

wow one day after release GoG was 210, on week days it was 120, Lucy was 150 all 10:00 AM shows

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Guardians of Galaxy - 7.5/10

CGI great, Fun great, humor great, groot great, music great. Villainy not good. Batista (?!) FAIL!

Hrishi

Watched The movie based on Wiki Leaks and its founder Julian Paul (Australian) .
"The Fifth Estate" (2013).

The acting is good , but I really don't know whether to say it was a good movie or bad. These are the kind of movies that can't be judged by saying good or bad because it relies a lot on the fact that how much reality has been put into the picture.
I will have to dig deep into the wiki leaks details to get hold of the actual plot and reality.
Nevertheless , it is something geeks should watch in their past time. Not meant for an average user , because most likely this movie will bore 'em up.

quan chi

mortal kombat
So you are in Maharashtra state ....... :) must be cheaper than Delhi in general. Here avg gold class movie ticket is 150, unless ofcourse you are going to some cheapo local multiplex ......

Hmm maybe. Btw that was Big cinemas & it was almost 2 years back.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
A Millionaire's First Love -- Unrealistic movie but touches every chord of mine. There is something that I learn from it every time.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Saw Singam & singam II. Singam has better jokes than singham.
Otherwise the hindi versions are more polished & better.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
A Millionaire's First Love -- Unrealistic movie but touches every chord of mine. There is something that I learn from it every time.

just finished watching it, shook me up... very similar to a walk to remember,

Last edited:

ashs1

Padawan
Ek Villain : 6/10 ( a bit late, i guess :D )
average movie with outstanding tracks. :)
Siddharth as a goon was not at all convincing. still had the chocolate boy looks.
Shraddha kapoor qualified as a annoying actress ( if thats what she was aiming for)
Ritesh deshmukh as a weird pschyo was good.
KRK was..well..KRK ( Read : a***ole :p)

Plot was decent enough for a one time watch. :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ek Villain : 6/10 ( a bit late, i guess :D )
average movie with outstanding tracks. :)
Siddharth as a goon was not at all convincing. still had the chocolate boy looks.
Shraddha kapoor qualified as a annoying actress ( if thats what she was aiming for)
Ritesh deshmukh as a weird pschyo was good.
KRK was..well..KRK ( Read : a***ole :p)

Plot was decent enough for a one time watch. :)

6 is pretty generous. I Would give it 3 :p

Top Bottom