Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Have you seen Martyrs ...... if you like brutal Korean movies. I have seen Bedevilled. This, Martyrs and, I saw the devil all are in the same brutal league ......... all are hard to digest .....

Martyrs was good, some of it towards the end was difficult to watch. Never heard of Bedevilled.

The other woman Anna finds with the metal thing on her head.

What were they doing with her ? They didn't do the same thing to Anna later, was it like different methods on different people ?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Have you seen Martyrs ...... if you like brutal Korean movies. I have seen Bedevilled. This, Martyrs and, I saw the devil all are in the same brutal league ......... all are hard to digest .....

Martyrs outright screams of shock and not something usual where you can expect it to happen right under your eyes. I Saw the Devil was good too, probably the best villain acting.

The magnitude of helplessness and the vulnerability in tense moments were much greater in Bedevilled. It just started like a simple movie but then ended up inside out pulling out the entrails in your face.

Reloaded

In the zone
Watched Animal (2014) - 7/ 10 .nice movie lots of suspense but some times it was predictable. overall good movie must watch.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The thing (2011)
Not as bad as the people says. But could have been better if they had paid more attention to the story.Overall a decent prequel.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Guardians of the Galaxy
Great hunour and action. 3D is spectacular, and the larger than real life parallax effect is used great! Much better than hp7ptII and The Hobbit. Its like you have eyes of galactus. Space scenes and cgi sequences are spectacular. Tech is used sensibly, and has realistic quirks. Like old, ancient an cutting edge devices are all used together, not just new ones. The intro sequence, its in trailers too, show that tech designed for everyone is actually designed for no one. Awesome

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Guardians of the Galaxy
Great hunour and action. 3D is spectacular, and the larger than real life parallax effect is used great! Much better than hp7ptII and The Hobbit. Its like you have eyes of galactus. Space scenes and cgi sequences are spectacular. Tech is used sensibly, and has realistic quirks. Like old, ancient an cutting edge devices are all used together, not just new ones. The intro sequence, its in trailers too, show that tech designed for everyone is actually designed for no one. Awesome

Y U DO DIS , Watch my most awaited film before me :( :mad:

quan chi

mortal kombat
2011 is a piece of crap as compared to the original, even though the effects were better in 2011

Yes you may be right(I have seen the original years back therefore don't remember everything clearly.)
Anyways since its a prequel & not a remake therefore I said its was a decent attempt.

Flash

Lost in speed
Video Games: The Movie (2014) - IMDb - 8/10

If you're a gamer buff, then this movie is for you. It talks about the evolution of gaming industry from 60's to current. When i see the people talk about the good old video games like Mario, i felt nostalgic. Though it touch all the hit games that ever came, it didn't cover all. Movie explains how it nurtures the community, social activities, friendships and sometimes which ends in marriage.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Watched Lucy today. A good science fiction film. The editing and direction could have better a lot better. But the end made the movie worth to watch.
It kind of questions your philosophy towards life and ultimate purpose of human beings. The time lapse in the end was brilliantly done. And Scarlett was amazing.
I would give the movie 6/10, that is better than average, and that too just for the end.

What kind of saddens me is that I felt majority of the people who will watch the movie would never understand how deep the movie was, since most of it boils down to philosophy.
lol..

icebags

Technomancer
GOTG - 7.5 or perhaps 8 /10

Nicely made movie, adds some more elements to series, reveals some more story, must watch for marvel followers.

after credit spoiler :
did they just introduce donald duck to the storyline ?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

Nicely made movie, adds some more elements to series, reveals some more story, must watch for marvel followers.

after credit spoiler :

Howard the Duck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

after credit spoiler :

Its not donald duck , but Howard The Duck a Marvel Character , there was a Howard the duck movie very long ago but it was a failure , I think the point of the scene was to introduce Howard the duck as a character for comic relief here and there in the later Guardians movies . Howard the Duck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Flash

Lost in speed

after credit spoiler :
How Howard the Duck crashed Guardians of the Galaxy'''s opening weekend - Vox

He may or may not have future roles. IMO, it's just like hidden Mickey mouse head that appears on Disney movies.

Top Bottom