Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Oculus 5/10

Finally watched it now after seeing a lot of people mentioning it here.
Started off interesting, by the 2nd half it got boring & you could tell what would happen.

The thing that bothered me about it was why would the sister think her plan could remotely work & she could succeed in destroying the mirror.

If they think its supernatural, why would the recordings even work, the mirror could make it not record anything or even alter the tapes.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My sister gave kick a 3.5/10 . Though I haven't watched it, going by past experience with my sister's highly inflated ratings, the movie is at max 1/10.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Oculus 5/10

Finally watched it now after seeing a lot of people mentioning it here.
Started off interesting, by the 2nd half it got boring & you could tell what would happen.

The thing that bothered me about it was why would the sister think her plan could remotely work & she could succeed in destroying the mirror.

If they think its supernatural, why would the recordings even work, the mirror could make it not record anything or even alter the tapes.

i guess the girl dint really wanted to destroy the mirror, she wanted to prove her brother was innocent and the first time she had an inkling of the fact that mirrors is making them behave unnaturally, she got overexcited that her experiment was working and eventually forgot that her mission was to prove mirror was evil. plus after that first time, things happened so fast that she dint get time to recuperate and replan her strategy. the mirror was that clever and cunning

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm. perhaps you should never watch the movies you like very closely. but The Prestige invites you to do it. There is a major thematic flaw, pretty sure that Angier would have gone ahead with the trick, no matter how painful the death was every time. That really makes no difference, so it saps away from the climax of the movie, and also from what is shown of Angier's motivations for most of the movie.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Joe

Really good movie. A good movie where Nicolas Cage was in it, really surprising! Mud was better because of McConaughey, but I liked the story better on this one.

7/10

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Oculus

i guess the girl dint really wanted to destroy the mirror, she wanted to prove her brother was innocent
and the first time she had an inkling of the fact that mirrors is making them behave unnaturally, she got overexcited that her experiment was working and eventually forgot that her mission was to prove mirror was evil. plus after that first time, things happened so fast that she dint get time to recuperate and replan her strategy. the mirror was that clever and cunning

The little girl said "We have to kill that thing for mom and dad" & that was the promise she made to her brother.
We could say the sister was not the smartest people around , In a way reminds of Micah in Paranormal Activity

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Divergent 6.5/10

Slow movie. Reminded me of our ancient caste system (Brahman, Kshatriya, Baishya, Shudra)

Ah, background music was really good

Flash

Lost in speed
My sister gave kick a 3.5/10 . Though I haven't watched it, going by past experience with my sister's highly inflated ratings, the movie is at max 1/10.
You know what - this movie grossed 100 Crores.
Salman's fans would do anything for his movies.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Divergent. Ha ha. What did i just watch. The premise in these movies is so ridiculous its hard to take it seriously. I was laughing at many parts and it is so cliche ridden. Same reason why i dont like hunger games as well. Nice comic relief though

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Wreck it Ralph 8.5/10

Good Movie. Good Plot. I really liked the way they depicted first person shoorer and game codes, cheats etc. Must watch for animation movie lovers.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wreck it Ralph 8.5/10

Good Movie. Good Plot. I really liked the way they depicted first person shoorer and game codes, cheats etc. Must watch for animation movie lovers.

It's a must watch for Gamers atleast. Many Arcade game references throughout the movie! One incredible ride. I too enjoyed it. Waiting for the next iteration of the animation. :D

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
You're gonna watch a leaked version of a movie illegaly which hasn't even released in the theaters yet and then also complain about it UGH :x

seems like you have been buying every single DVD and blue ray out there from the beginning of time for every god damn movie there is and also have your name in world's most righteous, upright, sacred movie watcher list ?? How did you know that the movie is out in Caribbean sites if you don't visit there? or your Google homepage has a "ting tong..new illegal movie out there in interweb, aaaand u don't want to see it" notification system....?? LIVE above the level of pretense , do something...that makes you impregnable to criticism, then comment, otherwise just hypocrisy. Besides, a junk movie is a junk movie, buying it wont make it any better.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How did you know that the movie is out in Caribbean sites if you don't visit there? or your Google homepage has a "ting tong..new illegal movie out there in interweb, aaaand u don't want to see it" notification system....??

IDK about other movies but E3 was in news for this recently. All major newspapers, news sites published this. He could have learned from any of this. At least you don't get to blame him this time.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^^how about if I suggest a movie here, say made in 1995, has a descent IMDB rating, you would run to the nearest BR stop to buy it just to watch it a couple of times? forget about 1995...How about scott pilgrim vs the world ? Would you buy this Movie? Because i am sure as hell you cant see it in a theater near you. What option you are left with ? Enlighten me.

P.S.- I have seen every AAA, not so famous, off track, different language and accidentally some crap moves in the last 5 years in Theater, spending more money in tickets than I have spent in my college books. I will probably end up watching E3 again with some of friends in Theater. How does that remotely justify it being a good freaking movie...my point to post? After all its a movie rating and discussion thread, not 101 ways to abolish piracy. No offense meant to movie lovers and buyers.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ Your a funny mod, the post made you funnier. Learn to mean something when you post.

You're just getting all worked up over it. I will have the decency to quell the matter here with soft words.

Your justifications fall flat on the curb. It's better that you swallow your pride and think with cool mind.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Your a funny mod, the post made you funnier. Learn to mean something when you post.

He means exactly what other "non-mods" mean. rajat proably just meant that you watched the movie in a pathetic quality and then complain about the movie. It's a known fact that if you get movies before they get released or before its DVD comes out, you will mostly get quality like cam rips. And there's no way to judge movie if you watched it in cam rip.
Quality of the movie, the sound makes hell of a difference when you are watching a movie. Maybe the "Incomplete sequences" you encountered was probably due to the fact that you got some prerelease version of the movie. Maybe the movie was not finished editing even. Which obviously will be just horrible to watch.
So next time, please try to guess intentions of the person who posts something, and if not clear ask him straight away. But instead you probably misunderstood the intention, took offense and started bashing, which just leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth along with taking the thread derail.

I don't know about you but one of the things I have learned from watching so many movies is that miscommunication is very dangerous thing. Holds true everywhere. In reel, real and digital life. Don't be a victim of it.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
seems like you have been buying every single DVD and blue ray out there from the beginning of time for every god damn movie there is and also have your name in world's most righteous, upright, sacred movie watcher list ?? How did you know that the movie is out in Caribbean sites if you don't visit there? or your Google homepage has a "ting tong..new illegal movie out there in interweb, aaaand u don't want to see it" notification system....?? LIVE above the level of pretense , do something...that makes you impregnable to criticism, then comment, otherwise just hypocrisy. Besides, a junk movie is a junk movie, buying it wont make it any better.

What I meant was you could have waited for atleast the movie to come out (release theatrically) and then give your opinions about the said movie . Yes I dont buy Blu-Ray of every damn movie out there but I do my bit and go to watch my movies in theaters as much as possible . No one here or anywhere in the world does not visit those sites , but it doesn't mean that you should start giving opinions publically when the movie hasn't even released.

P.S. I am no fan of Expendables franchise .

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
You're just getting all worked up over it. I will have the decency to quell the matter here with soft words.

Your justifications fall flat on the curb. It's better that you swallow your pride and think with cool mind.

Dude you are a mod, its cool, i respect you, but that changes no fact about what i wrote there. There is no getting all tensed, proud or adjective -ed with crass assumptions about a bad movie being bad and then bringing in some stuff related to legality perspective. And oh! sorry if i disappoint you,With all these going around in the world, I'm not even a teeny tiny bit scared of your words or actions maaan...Sorry man., really sorry. :) its just a forum man,, you can ban me.. :) no problem...
[MENTION=8076]rajat[/MENTION] its OK mate...

Top Bottom