Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Hitch 8.5/10

Bollywood ripped this movie off and made Partner :mad:

You understand garbage or trash. bollywood movie partner is a new synonym for that. It can be compared to those stinking municipality trucks clearing the garbage of your area. Even they are better than the movie because they are atleast clearing the garbage.

Over the top OVERACTING, Stupid fillers, Unwanted irritating scenes, class less dialogues, worst editing,directing etc etc... the makers of hitch will be ashamed if they see this movie. Worst copy.

Only suresh menon and 2-3 scenes (from the whole 2.5 hrs) garbage is worth seeing apart from that its a torture to the sane minds.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Watched No Country for Old Men (2007) 9.5/10 This is an Epic Masterpiece ...
It is. Javier Bardem is a legend.

Finally got time and saw "12 Years a Slave" : Now I can't say this movie blew my mind, or this was epic, or something like that as many others have said, it was a very very good movie, Mr.Ejiofor did a very good job, and people will remember him as 'the slave' for sure, but I am not sure for how long. Don't know but haven't seen him doing a really heavy role like this!
Besides, some scenes I found really difficult to watch, last time I felt like this was in Passion of Christ. And the sex scenes could have been avoided / moderated, I played it on my TV with my parents watching, well ... :| (I blame the society including my parents, rather than the movie though, still especially the first scene could have been avoided)
Also the accent sometimes was really difficult to understand! I don't get get American accent well anyway, but this one was typical!
Overall a really nice film, with very good acting, and camera angles, deserves a Oscar, but that's about it.

7.5 / 10 (Sorry can't put it under 8 series :p)

PS : On 22 minute the guy at the extreme right of the screen reminded me of Irish of BF4. Anyone? :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ankhon Dekhi 8/10

What nice little gem of a movie.

Movie lovers, if you love watching good movies this is one movie you should not miss.
>Brilliant acting by Sanjay Mishra (and his on-screen wife)
>A bit weird concept told in a very sweet way
>Near perfect production design. Its the best I've seen in a movie till date. Sets are an integral part of this movie.
>Add complementing cinematography by Rafey Mehmood

This movie may not stay long in cinemas, so catch it in its full glory in big screen. You would love it for sure.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ankhon Dekhi 8/10

Movie lovers, if you love watching good movies this is one movie you should not miss.
>Near perfect production design. Its the best I've seen in a movie till date. Sets are an integral part of this movie.

This movie may not stay long in cinemas, so catch it in its full glory in big screen. You would love it for sure.

@ rhitwick, maybe you can tell add little bit about the movie story. Even I was interested in watching this.

ashs1

Padawan
Need for Speed : 5.5/10... maybe a 1 time watch.
Plot wise, the movie was Average.. Not really much of a plot. :/
But, the main USP of the movie( as expected ) was the Super-Cars. It was a terrific sight to watch those magnificent beasts in motion. :twisted:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need for Speed : 5.5/10... maybe a 1 time watch.
Plot wise, the movie was Average.. Not really much of a plot. :/
But, the main USP of the movie( as expected ) was the Super-Cars. It was a terrific sight to watch those magnificent beasts in motion. :twisted:

another USP is people who've played the game .. they will definitely watch the movie once for sure.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Ankhon Dekhi 8/10

It's kind of strange movie. Like going back in time.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani

WTF! How the hell I ( or those who had seen this movie)forgot about this masterpiece! I think this movie has all the potential to stand one step below Gunda.
gunda fans haven't you guys seen this movie?
Here is a review from one IMDB user.:D

This movie deserves the 10 I'm giving it.

But it's not the 10 that you'd give to movies like 'The Godfather' or 'Goodfellas' or 'Psycho'. This is the kind of 10 you give to a movie which just makes you laugh,over and over again! It's the most horribly written and directed movie, yet it doesn't fail to entertain. It has the most amateur effects, yet you enjoy every moment! I saw this movie today on TV, and I didn't want to move away! Read the following dialogue to know why!

(Whole college is standing around Manisha,who has just undergone a rape attempt and the guys who attempted the rape are asking for forgiveness)

Bad Guy 1: Please forgive us!

Bad guy 2: Yes,we won't do it again.

(No response from Manisha)

Akshay: Come on,forgive them!

Manisha: I don't know...

Akshay: You are a beautiful woman, and even dead men can get aroused by you! And these are living young males! Don't blame them!

Pancholi: Yeah Manisha..

Manisha(To Suniel): What if they tried to rape your girlfriend???

Suniel: I'd break their hands,legs and kill them.But anyways,just forgive them..

Akshay: Yeah if you don't forgive them then it will be as though you are too arrogant about your beauty!

Now that is a true masterpiece of a dialogue! This movie never fails to entertain, mainly because there are so many goofs and unrealistic situations! The bad guy (Munish) can do basically anything..He can blow a sandstorm from his mouth, or he can get a motorcycle from his backside and just as easily make it disappear again.
Every actor takes turns to speak..One line from Akshay,then from Suniel, then from Arshad, then Aftab, then Nigam. It's the main rule followed by the director, so that equal screen time is given to each guy. And then there's the all powerful pendant, which can cause even a speeding car to go right through you without you being harmed! All these things make it an enjoyable movie, and I can watch it over and over again. I think this movie can go into the comedy hall of fame if there is one..

The only problem is that it wasn't trying to be funny.

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani

I just watched "Birdemic: Shock and Terror", its on Youtube. This movie makes Jaani Dushman & its special effects look good actually. Don't know how this movie got made or if they decided to make a bad movie.

I guess people should still see it to see what one of the worst movies ever made is like.

ksagar7up

Broken In
I thought things happened too fast in Queen. And there was no awesome feeling about the turning point as was the last race in Udaan.

Me too, agree with you.
Climax of Udaan is really cool whereas queen was predictable at the end.
But overall best of 2014 till now from bollywood...

(Now w8ing for Hirani's Pk,Bombay Velvet - anurag kashyap, HawaHawa i- amol gupte)

Queen is gonna be turning point in kangana's career. (7.5+1 for songs out of 10)

(lets see if she keeps her momentum in Revolver Rani I guess her next flick....)

Even though direction is amazing i feel the screenplay cud have been better...
I loved the scene where Kangana starts to run away from Eiffel Tower in 1st half..
btw Lisa Haydon is Hottttttt....:p

-sk

- - - Updated - - -

gunda is one of the best films over. i love it :D

Dude u wont believe we saw that film in our hostel (DVD plyer hiding 4m Rector)
few years back with almost 50 guys....imagine this..lots of laughs....
brings back some gud old memories....

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched "Ankho Dekhi" - 7/10 definitely a good watch...thanks to whoever recommended it.

Also watched "Queen" -7/10 best part was Kangana's innocence and she has acted well...something different from her psychotic roles and songs are nice too

Top Bottom