Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
13 Sins. Very nice thriller. I am sometimes surprised by these low budget films as to how well they are done. 7/10

13 Sins (2014) - IMDb

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just watched the movie 'Rush' - 7.5/10... and I wished I had watched it in the theater... simply awesome movie :D
Awesome and 7.5 doesn't really go together dude :|
It deserves an 8 at least.
Just my 2 cents though.

- - - Updated - - -

^ how could a 6/10 movie deserve oscar ? :eek:
He said deserves an Oscar as best 'animated' movie. I am not into animated movie at all, so can't say for sure, but maybe he meant the story and everything else were dumb :|
Example : Gravity. Do you think it deserves 7 Oscars? I certainly don't. One or two should have been enough for those computer tiki-taka to give it a 'reality like' feeling.

moniker

Broken In
Got reminded of premium rush after seeing so many posts of movies related to car racing. The protagonist is a bicycle rider/messenger.:) It's the only movie I have seen related to bicycle riding. I watched it without any expectations, was pleasantly surprising. 7/10.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^ how could a 6/10 movie deserve oscar ? :eek:
This answered by this
He said deserves an Oscar as best 'animated' movie. I am not into animated movie at all, so can't say for sure, but maybe he meant the story and everything else were dumb :|
Example : Gravity. Do you think it deserves 7 Oscars? I certainly don't. One or two should have been enough for those computer tiki-taka to give it a 'reality like' feeling.

If thats the case, most anime movies from Studio Ghibli and One Piece movies deserve an oscar each.
Though they have beautiful stories, the animation still lacks reality. They are very close to hand-drwan era of animation.
From the POV of animation skills any PIXAR movie or disney movie of past 10 years would score better than Studio Ghibli for me.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Though they have beautiful stories, the animation still lacks reality. They are very close to hand-drwan era of animation.
From the POV of animation skills any PIXAR movie or disney movie of past 10 years would score better than Studio Ghibli for me.

Attention to details is just so much in Ghibli movies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Sanjay leela bhansali made ram-leela just to make the ending of Ishqzaade better! Hmmm...Ishqzaade is neither a "must watch" nor a "must not watch" but better than ram-leela except for the climax.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've rated Highway 8/10 which seems today should have been 7.5 but Queen is a sure shot 8.5/10

A must watch for all movie viewers. The kind of detailing this movie has and the marvelous performance of Kangna are not to be missed.

Not gonna write full review though.

Top Bottom