Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^ Then you gotta watch Angel Heart, not sure if thats the exact name of the movie as I watched it long long back. It has Mickey Rourke and De Niro.

Thanks for the recommending it. Saw the movie its good but a bit confusing.A thing still bothers me
If johnny killed harry angel then took his soul then how his outer appearance changed?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Undisputed 3: Redemption

Indeed better than the previous film! I think this is the first time I have seen a movie where the sequel is better! They all usually crap up nice, except this.

7/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Erin Brockovich 8/10
(Movie gets 7 and Julia Roberts gets 1 more point)

Its counted in best courtroom drama but in the movie more drama happens outside courtroom rather inside of courtroom. In technical terms this won't fall in courtroom drama genre.
Still a gripping story and had every chance of come out as boring, but the director and Julia Roberts made it easy to sit through and absorb the dry facts.

I was wondering if Julia had got any Oscar for this and just saw she did. She really deserves that for this movie.

A time to kill 6/10
Now this is a courtroom drama that happens in court. Things are too dramatic here though!
Check it out for sure.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The secret window
If you have seen other stephen king movies it is quite predictable.Which bring me to say I think I am finding almost all the movies made on his books a bit similar to each other.

icebags

Technomancer
X-Men Future Past 8/10

had a lot of expectations from reading reviews & watching trailers, but it reality they did not match up. after seeing this, i really start to know why first class was an amazing masterpiece, it had more depth and detail than any other x men movie. somany chars, somany stories behind each of them, all were show so perfectly, in contrary to future past, which a bit looked like another exciting adventure of wolverine in the backdrop of some futuristic army of x-men barely getting chance to speak just a few lines. geez, fanboys ...... they really can put up the hype ..... :eek:

still, XMDFP is a very good movie, must see. so, go see it. and don't watch any of the trailers, they give away loads of spoilers.

and dont leave the seat before the 10min after credit scene finishes, u will get to know how one of the 7 wonders was made. :)

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Killer elite - Bole to ekdum phadu action entertainer. When you have three badasses like Statham, deniro and clive owen in one movie, its gonna be a good ride.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dedh ishqiya
Like the name suggest its ishqiya 1.5.:D Anyways the film takes its time to build the suspense which you can easily guess if you have seen "saheb biwi aur gangster series & ishqiya". The best part is the movie is really good & will hold your interest till the end. It excels in almost all the departments.
The most unfortunate thing in india is that films like this goes unnoticed in theaters & some c*****pa movies earns in crores. I have to admit that SRK is the biggest star in bollywood because if he is fooling the fools he is not doing anything wrong. Even he has to see the side of his profits.

This is a good review of this film in case you are interested: *moifightclub.wordpress.com/2014/01...hey-didnt-see-in-the-film-what-you-must-read/
Read that short story too.

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
X-Men Days of Future Past 9.2/10 (It is between 9 and 9.5 , so 9.2 :p) Best X-Men film IMO and one of the better superhero movies , The plot was good and was explained well , The acting was fabolous . The action even though short was awesome , The Future Sentinels are Bad-A$$ , they were undefeatable . The Quicksilver scene was the highlight of the film . Now X-Men First Class was very good but it was missing a wow factor which this one definitely had . I liked how Wolverine even though it looked like that he was the main character , he wasn't . The focus was on Mystique in this one . Watch the end credit scene to know whats to come next :))

amjath

Human Spambot
X-Men Days of Future Past 9.2/10 (It is between 9 and 9.5 , so 9.2 :p) Best X-Men film IMO and one of the better superhero movies , The plot was good and was explained well , The acting was fabolous . The action even though short was awesome , The Future Sentinels are Bad-A$$ , they were undefeatable . The Quicksilver scene was the highlight of the film . Now X-Men First Class was very good but it was missing a wow factor which this one definitely had . I liked how Wolverine even though it looked like that he was the main character , he wasn't . The focus was on Mystique in this one . Watch the end credit scene to know whats to come next :))

Off Topic: Between 9 and 9.5 is 9.3 :p :rolleyes:

Top Bottom