Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
yeah ankhiyo se goli mare was a laugh riot as well. compare it to a movie like bol bachhan - stupid antics, disgusting gay jokes and over the top action. govinda was not appreciated in his day and now also. he is an actor par excellence , not only in comedy but dark roles as well ( shikari)

I will have to watch Ankhiyo Se Goli Maare once to check on your comparison. So you don't like Rohit Shetty movies haa?
You are saying Govinda was not appreciated in those days. I still remember movie Aankhen which was such a super duper hit and I can say Govinda defintely had a role to play. Also if Govinda was not appreciated in the past I don't think movies like Coolie No.1 and Raja Babu would have been hits. I dare see this movies will work with any other actor when it was released in that time.

Infact I had read couple of interviews in which 90's actors like Ajay Devgan, Akshay Kumar and Sunil Shetty who admitted that Govinda was one of the best. So I don't know from where you got this theory that he was not appreciated.

Shikari was one good movie(Coz of Govinda Performance) that went unnoticed.

- - - Updated - - -

IDK, if you all have seen but must go for "Ankhiyon se goli mare".
Not a single remotely serious moment. Over the top at times subtle and at times absurd comedy.

I'd go forward and would dare to put this in the same league as "Andaz Apna Apna"

I'm surprised then that this movie didn't work at box office. Even Andaz Apna Apna though it didnt work at box office was a decent earner and still popular among home Video.

I feel what went against Ankhiyon Se Goli Maare was that movie was delayed for a long time. There is Preity Zinta in that movie if I'm not wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Which movie is that in which Govinda Opens a Dhabba in front of his father in law's house .. (player by Kadar Khan). That was good as well.....
Initially when the movie released and became hit I was wondering how can this movie be hit looks like typical David Dhawan type movie directed by Malhotra. However I watched I was in for pleasant surprise. I like this one scene wherein Kader Khan asks Johnny Lever are you on my side or the character played by Govinda. Watched it recently on TV and enjoyed it again.

ashs1

Padawan
Speaking of Govinda, one movie I particularly enjoyed was Haseena Maan Jaayegi .............

I agree..Haseena Maan Jaayegi was a good one..i still enjoy it whenever i watch it on TV..
that imitation of a gurkha by paresh rawal is legendary !! :D.. ooo shaabjiiii !!!!

ajayritik

Technomancer
IDK, if you all have seen but must go for "Ankhiyon se goli mare".
Not a single remotely serious moment. Over the top at times subtle and at times absurd comedy.

I'd go forward and would dare to put this in the same league as "Andaz Apna Apna"

yeah ankhiyo se goli mare was a laugh riot as well. compare it to a movie like bol bachhan - stupid antics, disgusting gay jokes and over the top action. govinda was not appreciated in his day and now also. he is an actor par excellence , not only in comedy but dark roles as well ( shikari)

After checking in Wiki now I know I watched this movie. Though the movie was not great I would say it was pretty decent.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Another good comedy by govinda & david dhawan "deewana mastana".

Anyways I disliked shikari mainly due to poor execution of the (flawed)story & Govinda's character was somewhat similar to SRK's from baazigar & I prefer baazigar.:D These are completely my view.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
I decided to take a look at "main tera hero". dhawan tried very hard to resurrect his old 90's magic but failed again. This movie is an amalgam of scenes taken from movies of rajkumar santoshi,priyadarshan & dhawan himself. I don't know why they repeated the famous kissing jokes from "kunwara" more than once in this movie.:facepalm: Did they run out of jokes? Yep kunwara was another good entertainer!
eg:
[YOUTUBE]hgGwnGhnthk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]56vIrX697GI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
I decided to take a look at "main tera hero". dhawan tried very hard to resurrect his old 90's magic but failed again. This movie is an amalgam of scenes taken from movies of rajkumar santoshi,priyadarshan & dhawan himself. I don't know why they repeated the famous kissing jokes from "kunwara" more than once in this movie.:facepalm: Did they run out of jokes? Yep kunwara was another good entertainer!
eg:

This is direct copy of Telugu movie Kandireega.

quan chi

mortal kombat
This is direct copy of Telugu movie Kandireega.

I have to see it then thanks for the input.:)

hmm.....interesting point here..:D
*www.sify.com/movies/kandireega-review-review-telugu-14976735.html
Kandireega is a poor copy of the super hit Ready and other commercial entertainers, yet it provides enough comedy.

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i rewatched the fugitive in blu ray glory. this is one of the best examples of pure thriller( without any scifi overlay or hard to follow complicated plot) . this kept me hooked from starting to end. while harrison ford was brilliant, tommy lee jones stole the show as the jocular, arrogant marshall.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I have undisputed III in my library for a pretty long time ........ and I surprisingly see its got the best rating of the 3, so are they related?, do you have to see 1 and 2 to enjoy 3?
Maybe they are related, and I am looking forward to see the other two movies too. I was having the same question in mind :)

ssb1551

Technomancer
I have undisputed III in my library for a pretty long time ........ and I surprisingly see its got the best rating of the 3, so are they related?, do you have to see 1 and 2 to enjoy 3?

Undisputed III has to have the best rating!! Hurray to Yuri Boyka aka Scott Atkins!!:D The stunts in the movie are amazing! It is related a bit to Undisputed II - the fact that both the movie have Boyka in it but he is antagonist in 1 and protagonist in the other. Love pure hand to hand combat action flicks. I must have watched the last fight scene between Donnie Yen and Colin Chou in Flash Point a hundred times and also another fight scene between Donnie Yen and Jacky Wu from Kill Zone too.

Top Bottom