Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah. i had really enjoyed vantage point. these multiple perspective kinda movies are really good if well executed

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^ If you think Vantage Point is good then watch the movie it was inspired from - Rashomon, directed by the great Akira Kurosawa. His movies were way ahead of his times.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I've seen many horror movies but I can't recall 1920 being copy of any movie. One or two incidents could be inspired but that too is negligible.

Only good horror movie the Bhatt camp ever made is 1920.

By Bhatt camp are you referring to Vikram Bhatt. If my memory serves me right Vikram Bhatt is not related to either Mahesh Bhatt or Mukesh Bhatt and both these Bhatts are brothers and are famous for those kind of movies. And movies made by them are referred to as Bhatt camp.
1920 was not produced by either Mahesh or Mukesh bhatt. It was directed by Vikram Bhatt.
I think 1920 Evil Returns is also pretty decent if not as good as 1920.
Raaz2 is the best among the Raaz movies made.

As per the Bollywood movie standards the following movies directed by Vikram Bhatt or produced by Vikram bhatt are all pretty decent
1.1920(Directed by Vikram Bhatt)
2.1920 Evil Returns (Produced but not directed by Vkiram Bhatt)
3. Haunted(Directed by V Bhatt)

There was one more movie directed by him which was not horror but based on some ghost or reincarnation Dangerous Ishq which was a big disaster.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
How To Train Your Dragon

*ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA5NDQyMjc2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg5ODcyMw@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

8 / 10

ajayritik

Technomancer
The Amazing Spider Man 2 5.5/10
I don't see anything amazing about this one.
The first series were better which had Toby McGuire.

icebags

Technomancer
TASM

grafix was good, and thats all the good thing is to say. the plot trasitions were wacky, story was just like straight, there was nothing in it. felt like watching some krish or ra one movie with super grafix.

the climax was totally unpredictable, but maybe some could have guessed from all those dad scenes, but ultimately there was the ..... DHAP ..... then

- End -

6+/10 recommended for grafix, a bit of enjoyable with popcorn to some extent, thats all. the ending seemed deliberate, so that we can look forward to the upcoming x men movie ?

-----next, thinking of seeing million $ arm, recommendations, anyone seen ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1920 is a movie which I liked too!
Once one of my friends told me he & his friend went to see this movie. In the theater there were hardly 10-15 people who were scattered all around. After the interval all were sitting next to each other.:lol:

At first I thought he was exaggerating but later when I saw the movie I understood he was not.:D
This movie is not heavily inspired by any particular movie. But like rhitwick said some scenes were taken from various movies like the exorcist (bhatt favourite.:D), haunting etc etc.

Even Raaz is good movie you may try it if you liked 1920.

someone gifted me the audio CD of Raaz long back .. it would have been better it was the movie disc :D

BTW, Seen The Legend of Hell House 1973 - though not so scary but the movie is Ok and has some great classical value for me as I'm an fan of 70s and 80s movies.

D

Deleted member 118788

Insidious: Chapter 2 - 5/10. Good Continuation to the previous story. The movie is a shame for the horror genre.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I think only die hard comic fans like the new Spiderman. The reason why the original series , according to me , is the best and cant be beat is

1. Tobey was perfect as the shy,nerdy kid and he had very expressive eyes full of emotions. While Kirsten was not such a good actress the Tobey/Kirsten chemistry was very good, better than Garfield/Emma. Also, i personally feel Garfield hams a lot
2. No JJ simmons. Enough said
3. Also , the original aunt/uncle were more suited for the role. I sense someone cutting onions everytime peter has the last conversation with his dying uncle.
4. Both William Dafoe and Alfred molina were great villians and their transformation from human to evil was mesmerizing. They possibly cant beat that.
5. The background score was much better in SP1/2.

Spiderman 3 was a train wreck. But i feel that sometimes producers(Sony) might have pressurized screenwriters/director to include more villians etc which might have ruined the story. The reason i say this is SP3 felt rushed to me. It dint feel like a Raimi story. His stories are always made with love and care and has a certain stillness to them.

Last edited:

rutul

Right off the assembly line
My recs:

- Her

- Gravity

- Limitless

- The Woman In Black

- Red and Red 2

- The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo

- Hitman

- The Adventures of Tintin

- Mr Peabody and Sherman

- Wall E

- Paycheck

- Prometheus

- Pandorum

- LOTR and The Hobbit Series

- Eagle Eye

- The Ninth Gate

- Premium Rush

- The Tourist

- Cloud Atlas

- The Terminal

- The Words

- Up in the air

- V for Vendetta

- Captain Phillips

- Catch me if you can

- Sherlock (Movie and TV series :p )

- Inception

- Now You See Me

- Oceans Series

- Transporter

- Taken 2

- Batman/Ironman trilogies, ASM and ASM2, Thor duology, Cap America duology, Avengers

- Law Abiding Citizen

- Zodiac (RDJ Version)

- Blue Streak (Hindi version is actually funny)

- Saving Private Ryan

- Harold and Kumar movies

- Johnny English duology

- The Three Stooges

- Kung Fu Panda (1 & 2)

- Madagascar Series

- Ratatouille (ra-ta-too-ee)

- Puss in Boots

- Despicable Me (1 & 2) These are my favourites (pulichika masala? macaroni,spaghetti,meatballs... Oh I'd love to have an army of minions :p )

Top Bottom