Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abhidev

Human Spambot

1. Its called the sinister six . 2. The end scene was a teaser to X-Men DOFP because of a deal between Sony and Fox , Marc Webb had to make 1 film after TASM 1 for Fox but he didnt as he had to work on TASM 2 straight away , so in order to allow Marc Webb to make TASM2 , sony had to put that teaser for free at the end . It has nothing to do with this spidey being in X-men or MCU. For more info go here : *collider.com/amazing-spider-man-2-post-credits-scene-x-men/

I read somewhere that the Avengers and the Xmen exist in the same universe...and hence in the Cap - 2 end credit scene we had the mutants introduced...correct me if I am wrong :/

ssb1551

Technomancer
- - - Updated - - -

I read somewhere that the Avengers and the Xmen exist in the same universe...and hence in the Cap - 2 end credit scene we had the mutants introduced...correct me if I am wrong :/

Yes, both Avengers and X-Men exist in the Marvel Universe in the same timeline, but Spidey never teamed up with X-Men as such although he has had missions with Wolverine. The end credits scene in The Winter Soldier made perfect sense since Quick Silver and The Scarlet Witch were a part of Avengers after they left Magneto's team.

abhidev

Human Spambot
yea...there might be Xmen and Avengers cross over movie....and a fight between Spidey and Wolverine will be interesting :D

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

No ... They Dont , but both can use the characters of Quicksliver and Scarlett Witch as they were introduced in the comics as the memebers of Avengers (so the rights go with Disney/Marvel) but in 1980s they were retconed as the children of Magneto (Fox have X-men rights) . But neither of them can show the opposite relation in their film , like in Avengers : Age of Ultron , they cant tell audience they are magento's children neither can they use the mutant word . That is why they were being called as miracles at the end of Captain America 2 and not mutants . Similarly X MEN: DOFP cant show Quicksilver as a member of Avengers or use the word avengers .

[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] [MENTION=98840]ssb1551[/MENTION] This will make clear as to which Marvel Character Movie rights are with whom ...

*wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/02/tumblr_n0sbtcJKyr1qa0uujo1_1280.png

Last edited:

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
The Blair Witch Project
The second horror movie that really managed to scare me. The first one was insidious 1.
But insidious had CGI support to make it look scary like that. But The Blair Witch Project seemed like it was made on a ridiculously low budget and CGI was just out of question. Everything looked so real , like those events really happened and that might be what really made it look that genuinely scary

Nice movie.
The hype around the movie scared me more before watching it than the movie itself.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he is not suggesting to you to watch Raaz2, maybe he is trying to imply that Raaz2 was copied from that movie.

Maybe but the story of Raaz – The Mystery Continues and even Raaz 3D are totally different if you compare these with Stigmata.

Anyway, Surprisingly enough I've seen 1920 just by mistake not even knowing the name back on 2008 and I liked it :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Maybe but the story of Raaz – The Mystery Continues and even Raaz 3D are totally different if you compare these with Stigmata.
How do you know that? you said you have not seen these movies?:-D Just kidding.:wink:

Anyways they don't copy the story frame by frame. They mix the story of two or three films so that it becomes hard to find out from which movie they have copied what. If I remember correctly you can find many scenes from it similar to that movie.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you know that? you said you have not seen these movies?:-D Just kidding.:wink:

Anyways they don't copy the story frame by frame. They mix the story of two or three films so that it becomes hard to find out from which movie they have copied what. If I remember correctly you can find many scenes from it similar to that movie.

ok, got it bro ;) Mixing the stories of 2 / 3 movies in a single one really makes' em awful to even read the story :D

Anyway, any idea on 1920 is based on which movie(s) ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've seen many horror movies but I can't recall 1920 being copy of any movie. One or two incidents could be inspired but that too is negligible.

Only good horror movie the Bhatt camp ever made is 1920.

quan chi

mortal kombat
ok, got it bro ;) Mixing the stories of 2 / 3 movies in a single one really makes' em awful to even read the story :D

1920 is a movie which I liked too!
Once one of my friends told me he & his friend went to see this movie. In the theater there were hardly 10-15 people who were scattered all around. After the interval all were sitting next to each other.:lol:

At first I thought he was exaggerating but later when I saw the movie I understood he was not.:D
This movie is not heavily inspired by any particular movie. But like rhitwick said some scenes were taken from various movies like the exorcist (bhatt favourite.:D), haunting etc etc.

Even Raaz is good movie you may try it if you liked 1920.

Last edited:
Top Bottom