Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Dipen01

Youngling
WOWIEE!! What a movie!! :shock: Guys pls pls pls watch this movie. I'm watching it right now and believe me I am completely spellbound by it. I have been so engrossed in this movie that I didn't realize the time passing by. This movie was made in 1957 but was way ahead of its time. Rated 8.8 and ranked at #13 on imdb.com. Hey techtronic thanx for the suggestion.

There is Indian Rip of this movie too :p (Although havent seen that one)

Named "Ek Ruka Hua Faisla"

legolas

Padawan
Legolas have you seen Rain Man it can be put in the same genre I think (coz I haven't seen Bucket list yet) but if you havent another must must n must watch for you and other who appreciate good cinema. Dustin Hoffman in a life time memorable performance, would touch your heat till deep inside.......
hey sam9s, of course I have watched Rainman, a lovely movie. enjoyed it. But this bucket list was different.. I couldn't explain it.... :)

Dipen01

Youngling
Although i have Bucket list , i havent watched it yet :p

And yeah i am pretty sure its awesome movie..

Eitherways even if it was a flop i would have seen it.. Who can miss rare combo of Nicholson and Morgan Freeman ;)

Who

Guess Who's Back
Guys , how many of you have seen Blade runner ? i just love that movie, & people who have secene the movie do you remember the monologue at end of the movie, it was awesome in my opinion. very few films after blade runner had such powerful ending.

legolas

Padawan
@sam9s, The legend of David Gale, Truly marvelous. I again have no words to explain about this movie!! Just awesome!!

One of the best thrillers I have seen after "The firm". They are not of the same story line, but match with the fact that both are silent thrillers very parallel to reality...

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sam9s thanks once again for your earlier recommendations on the horror movies! Unfortunately I couldnt find Blair Witch Project on DVD so couldnt watch it. Right now I have got Final Destination Part1 and D-War! I will watch it this weekend!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Another recommendation would be Dancer In The Dark

Watched it yesterday! Was mesmerising. Who says singers cannot act? Watch it for Bjork's acting. One of the most amazing and depressing roles ever performed. The movie was as sad and depressing as Requeim For A Dream.

The 5 songs in the movie too are amazing. So is the documentary-style direction. It gives it a more realistic feeling.

Highly recommended for serious movie buffs. Not everone would end up liking this movie tho. It needs a bit of patience. And if you end up forwarding the songs, there wouldn't be any meaning left to it.

I am a Bjork fan now. Looking desperately for this movie's soundtrack. So far no success.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yep thats a very good movie, Bjork acted beautifully (she looked beautiful too).
All characters were equally drawn out.

jxcess2

Banned
Guys, I came across this website in mumbai mirror for movie lovers: LIKE-I-LIKE.ORG

By the way has anyone seen psycho (1960) ?

Last edited:

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Anyone has seen the SAW series ? ?1,2,3,4 ?????
Also Hostel 1 and 2.
I recently "saw" them :D.
Awesome movies.
Sometimes i think how Hollywood people come with such ideas ??

Dipen01

Youngling
^^hey Dipen..checked out The Nines...great movie, but a tad boring at times. nevertheless, interesting hai. thanks man :)

Yeah, Plot is little confusing and its slow in the patches but overall i loved the idea.. plus classic acting from Ryan Reynolds ;)

I just had another movie of same genre (not type/pattern) in my mind, will let you know when i remember it ;)

In the mean time read the plot of 'Almost Famous' and 'Gattaca'. Then decide if you might enjoy the movie :D

I normally dont prefer Rotten Tomatoes as most of the movies that i loved are given pathetic ratings there... So i prefer to read user reviews on IMDB and Plot on wiki

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
The godfather trilogy!!

You gotcha watch these to believe why they are called top movies ever made.Simply awesome.

(I recommend you read the books too,mario puzo is too intelligent and keeps us guessing.You wont find most of the details given in book in the movies...)

Top Bottom