Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
Yeah, Plot is little confusing and its slow in the patches but overall i loved the idea.. plus classic acting from Ryan Reynolds ;)

I just had another movie of same genre (not type/pattern) in my mind, will let you know when i remember it ;)

In the mean time read the plot of 'Almost Famous' and 'Gattaca'. Then decide if you might enjoy the movie :D

I normally dont prefer Rotten Tomatoes as most of the movies that i loved are given pathetic ratings there... So i prefer to read user reviews on IMDB and Plot on wiki

Gattaca i watched...loved it. will chek out Almost Famous...

legolas

Padawan
^ ^ devil_himself, your second siggy is awesome! :D really cool... I don't understand the first one though :-|

my watch list currently is
About a Boy
Eastern Promises
Layer Cake
Rendition
There will be blood (yes, yet to watch this! :p )
Vantage point
Dancer in the dark
Requiem for a Dream

Dipen01

Youngling
++1 for About a boy...

Though i dont like British movies that much.. but this one is an exception...

Also anyone who loves comedy shoudnt miss -
Death at a Funeral

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Black Water

An Australian movie. A family goes for fishing in boat and a croc attacks them.

Its hell of a ride! You tend to imagine yourself in similar situation and its chilling! Best part is its very realistic. No graphics, no exaggeration. It can happen with anybody!

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0816436/

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Can someone recommend movies with amazing soundtracks? I want atleast 3-4 good songs. Titanic had "My Heart with go on" and Top Gun had "Take my breath away" but thats not what I want. I want movies like The Graduate which has good music and many good songs (who can forget Mrs. Robinson?).

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Can someone recommend movies with amazing soundtracks? I want atleast 3-4 good songs. Titanic had "My Heart with go on" and Top Gun had "Take my breath away" but thats not what I want. I want movies like The Graduate which has good music and many good songs (who can forget Mrs. Robinson?).

Babel, Requiem for a dream, The Fountian have most the amazing of soundtracks. But they are instrumental. And you realise their intensity only after you have watched the movie.

Coming to Album :-

City of angels have one of the most amazing soundtracks.
Dancer In The Dark (Selma songs) if you happen to like Bjork. I am still hunting for its soundtrack.

Coming to Individual songs, few recommendations :-

City Of Angels Ost-Goo Goo Dolls-Iris
Cold Mountain-Alison Krauss- You Will Be My Ain True Love
Great Expectations-Duncan Sheik-Wishful Thinking
Monster/Vanilla Sky-Chemical Brothers-Where Do I Begin
Princessdiary2-Kelly Clarkson-Breakaway
Runaway Bride-Martina Mcbride-I Love You
Sweet November-Enya- Only Time
The Departed - Dropkick Murphys - Im Shipping Up To Boston
The Devil Wears Prada -KT Tunstall-Suddenly I See

Those are the ones I can recall as of now :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Babel, Requiem for a dream, The Fountian have most the amazing of soundtracks. But they are instrumental. And you realise their intensity only after you have watched the movie.

Coming to Album :-

City of angels have one of the most amazing soundtracks.
Dancer In The Dark (Selma songs) if you happen to like Bjork. I am still hunting for its soundtrack.

Coming to Individual songs, few recommendations :-

City Of Angels Ost-Goo Goo Dolls-Iris
Cold Mountain-Alison Krauss- You Will Be My Ain True Love
Great Expectations-Duncan Sheik-Wishful Thinking
Monster/Vanilla Sky-Chemical Brothers-Where Do I Begin
Princessdiary2-Kelly Clarkson-Breakaway
Runaway Bride-Martina Mcbride-I Love You
Sweet November-Enya- Only Time
The Departed - Dropkick Murphys - Im Shipping Up To Boston
The Devil Wears Prada -KT Tunstall-Suddenly I See

Those are the ones I can recall as of now :)
Thanks. Check the OST of The Darjeeling Limited, it's cool. Satyajit Ray classics.

I've no idea abt Bjork or the movie. But will catch up after your strong recommendation. :) Btw the OST is available.. you just have to know where to search. ;)

legolas

Padawan
finally watched "Man from the earth", welllllll what shall I say, I guess to much of expectations killed it for me.
Yeah, not all have the same opinion. I appreciate the imagination and audacity to put such a concept into a movie! It was more than enough for me..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Watched a Spanish horror movie [REC]

Good treat for all those who like zombie movies. I think I have got an overdose of them, best being "28 days later". But [REC] wasn't that bad either.

Pretty healthy imdb rating for a zombie movie.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

ps - the direction is something like we recently saw in Cloverfield.

Even "Descent" I found pretty scary. Also, "Exorcism of Emily Rose".

Last edited:
Top Bottom