Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

praka123

left this forum longback
^too much height! :rolleyes:

I saw Fitna -an eye opener;Geert Wilders(MP) atleast One Man -got the balls to show reality.Freedom(freedom of speech included) -We all should respect it and protect it!times are bad with terrorists and radical organizations,that too in India.a must watch for those who believes all men loves peace :-|

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
mystic river - superb acting by sean penn and very good story
the usual suspects - one of the best movies eva made
the prestige - another mind blowing movie.
mindhunters

Third Eye

gooby pls
everyone who watched "the man from earth" liked it (read the comments). so after all "somebdy" does need to check his/ her brains.

I didn't like the movie then it doesn't mean i have to check my brain. Everyone have their own view.
And you better check your balls if you have.

^^^ man from earth is just an overrated independent film . havent u heard that rlslog.net had got a thankyou letter from maker of d film for promoting piracy of d movie (as d movie became popular becoz of it only) . he even said he will upload his next work himself .LOL.
though the movie is goo enuf but not sooo good.

OK Ive already asked this once. Bindass movies will show kill bill 1 .is it going to be unrated (lol) OK even R-rated ?otherwise i will have to get d movie myself

jxcess2

Banned
^^^ man from earth is just an overrated independent film . havent u heard that rlslog.net had got a thankyou letter from maker of d film for promoting piracy of d movie (as d movie became popular becoz of it only) . he even said he will upload his next work himself .LOL.
though the movie is goo enuf but not sooo good.

My ignorant friend, u need to get ur facts right. this movie is not overrated but was made on a very low budget. since the movie was made on a modest budget, naturally there wasn't much spent on its publicity. but thanx to torrent sites this movie has been brought to a wider audience and has been highly appreciated. this movie clearly shows that u don't need expensive sets or heavy duty special effects, sound, etc to deliver a quality film. the strength of a movie lies in story and direction. I am not saying that this movie is beyond criticism. Every movie has its share of criticism. But calling it boring clearly shows a lack of intelligence and maturity.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Watched the movie 'Oscar' on my mobile just now and goddamn I laughed my guts out, just like I did many years ago, '95 to be precise. Oh my, what a laugh fest :D, and Sly has got many a funny bone :D, one of my top movies of all times. :D

I recommend the movie to everyone, a perfect clean comedy :)

legolas

Padawan
My ignorant friend, u need to get ur facts right. this movie is not overrated but was made on a very low budget. since the movie was made on a modest budget, naturally there wasn't much spent on its publicity. but thanx to torrent sites this movie has been brought to a wider audience and has been highly appreciated. this movie clearly shows that u don't need expensive sets or heavy duty special effects, sound, etc to deliver a quality film. the strength of a movie lies in story and direction. I am not saying that this movie is beyond criticism. Every movie has its share of criticism. But calling it boring clearly shows a lack of intelligence and maturity.
+1 I loved the imagination, the concept, don't care if its crap or bogus or whatever... Anyways, not all will like it. I hope we don't start a fight club over this movie here and start going off-topic on one of the very lovely going thread!! :D keep contributing :D

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK Ive already asked this once. Bindass movies will show kill bill 1 .is it going to be unrated (lol) OK even R-rated ?otherwise i will have to get d movie myself
Afaik they'll show edited version as they did in "Final Destination" I and II. They cut all good scenes which make the movie worth to see. :|

So it would be better to get the movie yourself. ;)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Thanks for "The man from earth" .... was awesome!!

Thats the second movie I saw after recommendation from this thread after Requiem for a dream. Both were awesome.

Those who liked "The man from earth" might also like :-

Before Sunset (Just 2 characters roaming and chatting on the streets of paris)... highly recommended!

The Tape (whole movie shot in a single room with only 3 characters)

So effective!! You don't need big budget to make intelligent movies.

I will be watching "Dancer in the dark" starring Bjork. The movie too falls in similar category I heard. Will post the review as soon as I watch it.

Beerfest directed by Jay Chandrashekhar. A laugh riot.

imdb.com/title/tt0486551/

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I will be watching "Dancer in the dark" starring Bjork. The movie too falls in similar category I heard. Will post the review as soon as I watch it.
its hard to watch this movie, u will be depressed by the end
A must watch for serious movie lovers

@jxcess2 did i say movie is boring ...just overrated said. i completely agree that d concept is rather very diff. and storyline is exceptional but see here

*imdb.com/title/tt0756683/
8.3 ...now most of ppl go wid imdb reviews blindly

and now take any of ur fav movie and many of them will lie below this inspite of being better ...Now u understand overrated?

Top Bottom