Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

cyborg47

Technomancer
please be kind to tell me one horror scene in the The Ring

Well, afaik, there isn't a bible for the kind of reactions people should give when they watch a horror movie, its purely subjective, way more subjective than it is for the normal movies. What's normal or obvious to you might be extremely scary for someone else. And if it was such a personal opinion, you shouldn't have criticized the people who enjoyed the movie.

D

Deleted member 118788

Well, afaik, there isn't a bible for the kind of reactions people should give when they watch a horror movie, its purely subjective, way more subjective than it is for the normal movies. What normal or obvious to you might be extremely scarier for someone else. And if it was such a personal opinion, you shouldn't have criticized the people who enjoyed the movie.

I never criticized anyone who enjoyed this movie. I just posted my personal opinion.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I never criticized anyone who enjoyed this movie. I just posted my personal opinion.

ummm..you just ripped the movie and its audience right in your first post :|
This movie was made to scare to people with abnormally high levels of imagination.

And look, I'm not bashing you or anything, so please don't get emotional for this little thing, do keep posting on this thread :)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
And if it was such a personal opinion, you shouldn't have criticized the people who enjoyed the movie.
I enjoyed the movie "The Ring" but I didn't find him criticizing people anywhere. I don't think he is spamming either.

Finally watched HellRaiser, I didn't had much hopes but I liked it. Too bad Pinhead does not have much onscreen time.
They should create a remake of this movie.

Any takers for this Killer Condom ?

Where do you hear about movies like this ?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any takers for this Killer Condom ?

And, what to expect from a movie which falls in categories Comedy, Horror and Musical

Lo

I'm gonna watch both as the stories sounds interesting and If you liked KC try basket case series - you won't be disappointed :D

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I predict soon this page will be flooded with ratings of The Hangover III & After Earth :stirpot::brainiac::meditate::meditate:
*fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/california-norcal/805709d1370480032-should-strava-abandon-kom-dh-2790387-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

*images.wikia.com/elderscrolls/images/1/11/If_you_know_what_I_mean_.png

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Sting 7.8/10

This is the grand-dad of all con movies. Not because of the time it was released but because of the elaborate plot, execution and awesome acting. No wonder it got 7 Oscars!

dude1

Journeyman
Guyz watched the RUSH today
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/
Seriously one of the best ever film made on F1 racing....
One of the most inspiring sports movies really close to Raging Bull :doublethumb:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1814621/?ref_=sr_1 - 6/10 , was fine till last 20 minutes.. then it dipped..

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Grave Encounters - 5/10
I thought it was average.. predictable mostly.

The Butterfly Effect - 9.5/10
One of the top movies I've seen so far.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Amelie 10/10!

A beautiful movie.

Marvelous performances, beautiful use of colors. This is a feel good movie and I've observed that most children movies and other feel good movies use same technique. Use bright colors! Always cheers you up and helps create the environment.

And, another observation is the use of camera angle. Whenever Amelie is facing camera, the camera is not face to face with here rather placed a bit heightened. May be to show her introversion.

A very poem like movie, every shot is taken with utmost care.

Why did I not see it in 2010! I should have.

Top Bottom