Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ladri di biciclette (1948) - IMDb
Good movie but i thought at the end he will find his bicycle but he didn't LOL.
really good acting by kid too.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - IMDb
Totally awesome movie taught a lesson about life, imagine world without you. main lead had done many good deeds through out his life like help people of his town to build their own home saved his brothers life and doctor he used to work at he saved him from jail time and other stuff at the end he gets into trouble and wish ki is se achha hota ki me peda hi na hota. then angel come down vanish his identity and show him his town without his present and realized that even there are problems in life its better then not having a life at all.

The Bucket List (2007) - IMDb
average movie some comedy scenes still watchable if you like Morgan freeman & Jack Nicholson. would have been awesome if they had big bucketlist but it was short and gets into fight both so didn't like it much.

Cinderella Man (2005) - IMDb
average movie similar to rocky broke ass gets into boxing and win the championship. i personally watched it for Renée Zellweger performance :D

saw it's a wonderful life 2 3 years back and absolutely loved it .. if you like Christmas movies don't forget to watch A Christmas story [ 1983 ] - yes, I'm an old movie freak specially 70's and 80's :D

There is that European movie, may be from erstwhile East-block nation. The story I remember is a soldier taking care of a baby whose entire village and mother are brutally murdered in the lake by hitting their heads with hammer or something similar.
When the massacre is being carried out, the baby that was hidden in a nearby boat starts to cry and the mother who is about to be killed sings a very haunting lullaby to calm the baby so that it would not be discovered and killed too.
I cant remember the name ....

That tune still haunts me sometimes.

Sounds interesting .. I will try to find this.

BTW, saw Dream House [ 2011 ] .. those of you who liked The Others will definetly like this one ,, don't know why some movies like these are always underrated for eg. Silent Hill.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
same here topgear. i totally love this black and white movies more than this new movies.

Fight Club (1999) - IMDb 9/10 a must must must watch.
similar to hindi fight club but this one totally mind blowing i will go and watch this again and again. if you haven't watched this one yet leave everything and go watch it right now.

12 Angry Men (1957) - IMDb 8/10 watchable
12 jury members arguing inside a room if boy is convict or not only 12 faces in the movie and 1 room. :lol: exchange smart arguments about murder scenes and how it makes sense and stuff.

Machete (2010) - IMDb 8/10 if you are bored watch this surely will cheer you up.
this is like our mithun and sunny deol type movie just sit down and enjoy the action. some nudity scenes so dont watch while someone is around you. total entertainment.

Rushmore (1998) - IMDb 7/10
this one is twisted love story and revenge thing here. kid falls in love with teacher and kid's best friend falls in love with teacher and both fights and other dramas involved. one of the good 90's comedy movie.

few next movies i will be watching is Max Brothers comedy movies. every single movie of them :lol:

d3p

PowerHouse
Fight Club (1999) - IMDb 9/10 a must must must watch.
similar to hindi fight club but this one totally mind blowing i will go and watch this again and again. if you haven't watched this one yet leave everything and go watch it right now.

^ WTF.

What a comparison ? Watch again.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
dude! have you seen hindi fight club? they start the same fight club in their college and english version have the same thing.

my bad as thats the only common thing with hindi one which i should have mentioned above.

d3p

PowerHouse
dude! have you seen hindi fight club? they start the same fight club in their college and english version have the same thing.

My bad as thats the only common thing with hindi one which i should have mentioned above.

Unfortunately i have seen Bollywood Fight Club & Hollywood Fight Club.

& There's no similarities & comparison between both of them. Story & plots are different.

d3p

PowerHouse
i will leave it off here as you are not getting my point lol.

I got your point but i don't want you to feel bad about what's my reaction about it " they start the same fight club in their college and english version have the same thing."

*static.ylilauta.org/files/m2/orig/1378478759900654.jpg/seriously-pl-ffffff-2.jpg

Is this what you got, after watching both of the Movies ??

TheHumanBot

Padawan
lol no. i just mentioned the similarity :lol: if i didnt get the point of the movie then why would i suggest it for others and watch it again.

Hrishi

my bad as thats the only common thing with hindi one which i should have mentioned above.

Not sure , about the Bollywood movie , but I have seen the Hollywood version , Fight Club(1999) quite well.
I read about the plot and theme of Bollywood movie , and it seems quite different from the Fight Club 1999.

Read the content hidden inside the below spoiler, about Fight Club(1999).
Actually , the Fight Club 1999 movie , - It's about a person with personality disorder due to insomnia , who tries lots of stuff to escape from it. He develops some sort of Schizophrenia type of problems , and assumes Bradd Pitt as a real world person ( which is actually a figment of his imagination ).
This other part of his mind/personality , perceived as his friend ( bradd Pitt ) , is actually trying to destroy the financial institutions who actually create a sort of vicious circle so as people lead the life of luxury , etc.
The story has a very nice climax at the end , and is filmed very well.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Welcome to the punch --7.3/10

Dead Man Down --7.5/10

Scary Movie 5 -- !@#$%()_/10

Guys any suggestions on movies in the line of Bean Series or any Rowan Atkinson movies like Johnny English?

the last i seen was johny english reborn and i laughed my arse off...sometimes i watch the old mr bean episodes starting from 1 to end, it makes me very happy

Top Bottom