Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think you meant to say 2001 ;)

Nah, 2010 it is.

Repulsion 8/10

One fcuked up psycho movie.
This is the first english language movie of Roman Polanski and first of the trilogy 'Alone in the flat/City' (other two movies are 'Rosemary's Baby' and 'The Tenant')

Acting by "Catherine Deneuve" as Carol is very good. Well she's the main character of the movie and she justifies the role very well.

To sum it up, you can boast of watching many psycho movies but your list is incomplete without this.

A word of caution: Its slow movie. The environment takes time to build and the characters take their sweet time to unfold. But, if you can be patient for the first half, there is reward for you in the second half.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, 2010 Fair enough :D and Repulsion and A word of caution added into going to watch movie list ;)

BTW, Yesterday saw Derailed and the movie sums up everything very well at the end.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok, 2010 Fair enough :D and Repulsion and A word of caution added into going to watch movie list ;)

BTW, Yesterday saw Derailed and the movie sums up everything very well at the end.

FML

'A word of caution' is not a movie, its phrase used to make users here aware about the pace of 'Repulsion'

Hrishi

FML

'A word of caution' is not a movie, its phrase used to make users here aware about the pace of 'Repulsion'

:rofl: :rofl: lol , he ain't gonna find that T***ent in TPB. :p ahaha

The Frozen Ground (2013) : 6.5/10.

The movie is good. It's based on real life story. Quite anticipatory scenes but yet it's enjoyable in some sense.
Acting was good.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Watched RUSH - 2013 On Sunday ...

Really a MUST watch ... After A long time i seen a Different kind of Movie In Theaters .

Movie Is all about real life incidents with 2 F1 Champions (mid70's) , there life, there struggle , there passion.

As F1 racers were Champs before i was born, so i didn't knew about them well , but after watching movie i knew them now.

Although sometimes you feel like a Documentary , BUT It keeps it thrill till the END ..

MUST Watch 9.0 out of 10.0

Did some one wacthed lunchbox ??

rating plz ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Lunchbox 8/10

A very very sweet average movie.

Most of the time we go to movies to see our secret dreams fulfilled; may be its the below average hero getting the girl, the loser making it big in sports or business, at times even few secret dreams of our coming to true in the big screen. Most of the time Cinema plays an escapade for us,. What if rather seeing a miracle you get to see reality where the miracle is a breeze of sweet fragrance of a random lady. When you look back you Can't distinguish which one was that but you like that small glimpse of happiness that she brought to you for that brief time.

Lunchbox does exactly same. No solution to existing problems. Rather a hope for a miracle, an indomitable urge to break-free but the middle-class mentality keeps you thinking are you doing the right thing?

Pace slow, Irfan khan is awesome! Nawaz is good but my dramatic mind kept me misguiding all the time that he might be having some ulterior motive or might be lying. Nirmit Kaur is very natural being a newcomer.

Check it out if you can.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
:rofl: :rofl: lol , he ain't gonna find that T***ent in TPB. :p ahaha

The Frozen Ground (2013) : 6.5/10.

The movie is good. It's based on real life story. Quite anticipatory scenes but yet it's enjoyable in some sense.
Acting was good.

nah, I was not searching for torrent .. just added that into my ever growing list of must watch movies ;)

FML

goofed up :D

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Ladri di biciclette (1948) - IMDb
Good movie but i thought at the end he will find his bicycle but he didn't LOL.
really good acting by kid too.

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - IMDb
Totally awesome movie taught a lesson about life, imagine world without you. main lead had done many good deeds through out his life like help people of his town to build their own home saved his brothers life and doctor he used to work at he saved him from jail time and other stuff at the end he gets into trouble and wish ki is se achha hota ki me peda hi na hota. then angel come down vanish his identity and show him his town without his present and realized that even there are problems in life its better then not having a life at all.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0825232/
average movie some comedy scenes still watchable if you like Morgan freeman & Jack Nicholson. would have been awesome if they had big bucketlist but it was short and gets into fight both so didn't like it much.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0352248/
average movie similar to rocky broke ass gets into boxing and win the championship. i personally watched it for Renée Zellweger performance :D

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - IMDb
Totally awesome movie taught a lesson about life, imagine world without you. main lead had done many good deeds through out his life like help people of his town to build their own home saved his brothers life and doctor he used to work at he saved him from jail time and other stuff at the end he gets into trouble and wish ki is se achha hota ki me peda hi na hota. then angel come down vanish his identity and show him his town without his present and realized that even there are problems in life its better then not having a life at all.
George Bailey....Hee-Haw :-D

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Now You See Me (2013) - IMDb
Good Movie 7/10 excellent work by morgan freeman again :p worth watching suspense type **** and just mind blowing illusions/magic done by 4 fail street magician.
Bank robbery with a style you never seen before. must watch from me.

World War Z (2013) - IMDb 6/10
6 for zombies ok movie and seems like there will be 2nd part of this movie. for zombies it's watchable. 3-4 scenes that excited me and rest was just big MEH!

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) - IMDb 8/10
if you have seen Kyonki of salman this one is similar to that but i liked this one better as no love story :p
funny on many occasions and randomness of main lead was good and it's watchable not a bad one.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There is that European movie, may be from erstwhile East-block nation. The story I remember is a soldier taking care of a baby whose entire village and mother are brutally murdered in the lake by hitting their heads with hammer or something similar.
When the massacre is being carried out, the baby that was hidden in a nearby boat starts to cry and the mother who is about to be killed sings a very haunting lullaby to calm the baby so that it would not be discovered and killed too.
I cant remember the name ....

That tune still haunts me sometimes.

Top Bottom