Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Did they release the DVD of shaitan yet.
And yeah me too enjoyed many low budget bollywood flicks released this year. In addition to being low budget these movies are bringing out some hidden young and talented actors into mainstream.

I Want Candy (2007) - IMDb

IMdb was bashing this movie with terrible viewer opinions..and This movie gives one more reason not to believe IMDB reviews blindly...
Its another british comedy flick that I fully enjoyed...

Yes, I downloaded the DVD rip. It's not only the IMDB if you watch our Indian news channels specially NDTV just see that person who giving the rating to the movie, whatever he talks just rubbish and nonsense. Really I prefer to watch first or opinion from friends.

azzu

AJJU
Did they release the DVD of shaitan yet.
And yeah me too enjoyed many low budget bollywood flicks released this year. In addition to being low budget these movies are bringing out some hidden young and talented actors into mainstream.
its released ......must watch movie..

clmlbx

Technomancer
As discussion is going on this page what do u watch or look to for good reviews..For Hollywood movies I am totally dependent upon IMDB ratings For Bollywood I like to watch trailer and decide myself But do you guys watch any particular show or read some particular review on internet or News Paper. I really could not get any proper review according to us..Both Bolly and Holly

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I watch Trailer first. Then watch some non-spoiler reviews from IMDb, both positive and negative. Then decide if to watch.
Also, if I like the Genre, or if its from one of my favorite directors', then I don't need any reviews, and just have to watch them.

Alok

Adventurer
Time to remember some tragedy

Saving Private Ryan(10/10)- its Spielberg magic , inspiring "Company of Heroes"
The Godfather(9/10)- Don't need to say anything.

Disney Time

UP(8/10)-funny and fantastic.
Ice Age 1,2(8/10)-as cold as warm.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Limitless 7/10

Good thriller.

The movie is 10 minutes long and that 10 minutes come at the end. I understand that 10 minutes shoot is only done to answer one burning question which all the viewers of the movie would ask at a time.... "Why the fck he himself doesn't make one?"

On reviews, I follow Rajeev Masand's review on CNN-IBN @10.30PM every friday. Though I refer to reviews only if I could not decide whether the movie in question should be watched at a theater.

About foreign language movies, I watch any movie that is >= 6 rating in IMDB provided I liked the concept.

ajayritik

Technomancer
murder 2

rating - shite/10
If its shite/10 which I assume it says its bad then it should not be posted in this thread.

Source Code 7/10
Enjoyed the movie felt kind of Deja Vu while watching this I thought maybe its a little like Inception. May not be as good as Inception but definitely worth watching atleast once.

Stanley Ka Dabaa 7/10

Started looking like TZP for a while but was different. Not as enjoyable as TZP but worth watching.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Source code - Same as others have said.

Green Hornet - Funny in parts but overall effect is dull. Christopher Waltz (Colonel Landa from Inglorious Basterds) was funny and good but his role is very limited. He is wasted.

Shaitan - Nothing to complaint but final impact is not extraordinary. I thought Anurag Kashyap was the director which he isnt. He just turned out to be a producer. Script is different though.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
SUPER HARRY POTTER SPOILER
The whole Harry Potter saga turns out to be Harry's dreams and hallucinations while he starves to death under the stairs in his abusive home.

hahaha...u really have gud sense of imagination..had JK Rowling done this.she wud have been killed by HP fans :twisted:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I saw Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows II this Saturday and without doubt it is the best movie in the series.
All the reviews you must have read in the newspaper/websites actually meet reality in this case. In my opinion what made this movie the best one is the fact that all the actors have matured over these years. I am not ignoring the direction which was superb too. All in all, enjoyed movie thoroughly.

10/10 from me for making my time enjoyable.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Machete , its supposed to be action but its so OTT that it looks like a comedy.

its trailer was shown in Planet Terror some said it was a fake trailer...

TimeCrimes (2008) - 9.5/10
Never seen a movie like this before...totally mind blowing.

Hector1,Hector2,Hector3

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
District 9 - 9/10

*www.comingsoon.net/gallery/39046/District_9_7.jpg

The movie deserves that !

Last edited:
Top Bottom