Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
Yesterday I watched 5 movies(was planning to go with a movie marathon but later dropped the idea):D
Scream (1996) - IMDb 7/10(couldn't enjoy it much because i watched the spoof of this movie( aka scary movie) before.:(
Cyberbully (TV 2011) - IMDb 7/10
Triangle (2009) - IMDb 8/10(The movie will appear to be a bit dry by the middle but try to hold till the end where you are gonna witness the twist( its kinda similar to source code)
South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (1999) - IMDb 9/10(Never really cared to watch the south park on TV but this movie was freaking hilarious (esp because of involving crude language) :D

Peacock (2010)Peacock (2010) - IMDb (7/10)

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
^^
Its abt a dysfunctional guy who suffers from split personality disorder.
It was quite good. I have no idea why this movie never got released in theatres(direct to DVD). Also the actor who performed as the main character did an excellent job.:)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How's the movie?
It is one of the very best film possible to express how greatly one man acting could be done, hats off to Cillian Murphy, again.

The Silence of the Lambs. G-OLD. I hate Psycho stuffs badly, but this one was different.
The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - IMDb

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Scream (1996) - IMDb 7/10(couldn't enjoy it much because i watched the spoof of this movie( aka scary movie) before.:(
I saw it last weekend and I was laughing throughout, as most of the scenes reminded me of Scary Movie. :lol:

Plan to complete the rest of it's sequels this weekend. :grin:

R2K

In the Zone
^^ If you like these kind of movies do give a try to Inside I am dancing and The Sea Inside .... Both top class movies. The Sea Inside is the one from which I think the movie Guzarish is been inspired .....

Already watched Inside I am dancing .Will check out The Sea Inside
Also these days I find my interest more inclined towards British/french movies than the American flicks..:)
Are there any British movies that you recommend worth watching...:smile:

I saw it last weekend and I was laughing throughout, as most of the scenes reminded me of Scary Movie. :lol:

Plan to complete the rest of it's sequels this weekend. :grin:

Yes the movie was a laugh riot from the very first minute actually:D. Scary movie was kinda exact copy of scream with different climax and loads of funny moments punched in :D
Gonna watch Scream 2 tonight:D

Watched Shaitaan(2011) yesterday.
I have to say bollywood sure is getting better. Loved the movie:)
But I felt the actress Kalki Koechlin who played the role of Amy was kinda ugly eventhough her acting performance was good. I mean they could have got a better looking actress for the role.:D. It Might be a weird opinion from my side but that was what I honestly thought.;)

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
Currently watching Paanch and an hour into it and i can't understand why it had so many run-ins with censor board :|

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Death Proof. No comments. Could be done in 15 minutes.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt1028528/
First time have seen a appropriate review of a movie in IMDB,
This movie seems to have polarized opinion like no other I have ever seen.

There are those who are "cool" and "hip" and who "get" what QT is doing here. These people give it full marks.

Then there are the rest of us. We see this movie as being an object lesson in self obsessed drivel which patronizes a once loyal and on the whole forgiving audience.

That's a little harsh. We must remember that the film was originally envisaged as being one half of a double bill and was much shorter. Maybe on this level it would have worked. At least audiences were spared the frankly embarrassing "Lap Dance" scene in the short version. Maybe the now traditional flip through QT's record collection wouldn't have made the final cut. Perhaps much of the turgid and irrelevant dialog would have stayed on the cutting room floor. Unfortunately it is in the nature of movie editing that one can only cut out what is bad instead of adding anything good.

But what I saw (and paid good money for) was the DVD release. Sad, very sad indeed. Quentin, are you familiar with the notion that you are only as good as your last movie? If this maxim holds true I'm afraid the movie watching world will never hear from you again. The joke is wearing thin.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Also these days I find my interest more inclined towards British/french movies than the American flicks..:)
Are there any British movies that you recommend worth watching...:smile:

Trainspotting
The English Patient
Snatch
28 days later
Slumdog Millionaire
Six shooter
In Bruges
Layer Cake
Death at the funeral
Four Lions
Angela's Ashes
Never let me go

But I felt the actress Kalki Koechlin who played the role of Amy was kinda ugly eventhough her acting performance was good. I mean they could have got a better looking actress for the role.

She is better looking actress as per Anurag Kashyap, who happens to be her boyfrn and producer of the film.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Medico would probably have some insight on this. My Brit movies are very limited, just like rhitwick. Most of them being Simon Peg's comic flicks and a few random horror movies.

EDIT: Ah! Quick gun murugan posted his list, before I even composed my message. Don't forget Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. :grin:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Ah, how could I forget "Death at a funeral" and "Snatch"...

Now-a-days I'm onto watching TV series and completing Sherlock Holmes series.

In season six or "The Case-book of Sherlock Holmes" there are three full length of movies. 100 minutes each.

I really liked them all and consider them mentioning here.

The Last Vampyre 7/10

The Master Blackmailer 8/10
An example of brilliant performances. Mix with it the kind of tension they were able to create successfully.

The Eligible Bachelor 9/10

IMDB rates it as low as 6.8 but for me it deserves 9. Great performances and a twisted screenplay.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Sinners and Saints: 7/10. Good gritty action, and the hero sports a whoop ass automatic near the end.

Unknown: 9/10

The Human Centipede: Doubt I should rate this. Watch this at your own prerogative. Would suggest you to read about it first. I watched it 14 hours ago. Images are still stuck in my head. Did not sleep well too.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I Saw the Devil ............. well technically this movie is spotless, but somehow I was not impressed or shall I say was not entertained by this movie. Its the same korean vengeance movie which we have seen in the tale of two sisters. This one will make even the hardest movie gore very unselected. Not that I have not seen movies that make you uneasy, but with that we should also not forget that ultimately the viewer should be entertained by fear, thrill, excitement and climax .... etc. With this all I managed was to get disturbed by the brutal, too brutal murders. I would have been okie with it had the movie progressed with needed pace (it seems to be dragged at times) and the climax was a bit more refined.
On the other hand, as I said technically its spot on, performances are breathtaking and, closup expressions of both the "good" and the "bad" have been taken in great detail ....... I will give this 6.5/10 at the max ....

Buddy this movie is in my favourate list...
& I must say that Korean Movies Cinematography & Crystal Clarity beats the US/UK/other countries movie....

I once watched a Korean Movie in DVD it was so damn crispy clear that I thought I was watching a Blu-Ray...donr know what type of Camera they use???

Top Bottom