Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Art Of Travel - WOW. This movie was simply awesome. But maybe its a subjective feeling.

A close friend of mine, one fine day, went to south America, rented a bike and then followed a 8000km long expedition. Then he came back and wrote a book. Yes, there are people like this in this world! Well, most of us could only dream of such life.

Anyways, I recommended him Into the wild and he quite liked it. And I am gonna recommend him The Art Of Travel. If you liked Into the wild, The Spanish Apartment and The Russian dolls, you'd definitely end up liking this movie.

P.S - By the way, my friend's inspiration was the movie The motorcycle diaries, which I didn't find too interesting.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I read in the newspaper today that the expendables topped the US charts and Sly is getting ready for a sequel (no wonder)!!!!!!
all my friends disliked the movie, asked me to never go to theater and watch the movie...

Piyush

Lanaya
ONG BAK 3 - Disappointment, complete disappointment. Very slow and boring start and the last 20 minutes of action didn't cover up for the overall presentation. I wish Jaa better start concentrating on the movies he does and gets back his form.

Also watching Batman's Animated movies. Already completed Batman Beyond: The Return of Joker & Batman: Under the Red Hood.
Batman: Under the Red Hood was the best one for me
joker at his best:-D

ajayritik

Technomancer

Of the recently released movies in English apart from Inception is there any other movie worth watching?

How about Salt? Is that movie good?

Guys can anybody give me suggestions on some new movies released in the recent past which are worth watching?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any suggestions for good thriller movies. I watched Shutter Island the other day it was good. Rather than murder mystery movies would prefer to have some kind of suspense as to what will happen next.

Kindly suggest!

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Of the recently released movies in English apart from Inception is there any other movie worth watching?

How about Salt? Is that movie good?
Guys any movies on thriller format. Need not be new.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

^^ok then try this
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(2007_film)
Was this suggestion for me? If so it doesn't look recent. What genre is this?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Karate Kid (2010) 7/10

Good movie with nice action. Liked the acting of Jaden Smith but surprise was Jackie Chan in a serious role.

Did anyone else felt that the movie was a bit long?!!

Piyush

Lanaya
The Karate Kid (2010) 7/10

Good movie with nice action. Liked the acting of Jaden Smith but surprise was Jackie Chan in a serious role.

Did anyone else felt that the movie was a bit long?!!

i felt the same way
some scenes were unnecessarily stretched

quan chi

mortal kombat
I haven't seen the new one but i liked the old one.And yes i feel the old one was quite good.Classic or not but i liked it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Saw prince of Persia today will rate 7/10

Good action movie..similar to game...nice jumping and swinging around:mrgreen:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Expecting short user opinions on....

HotFuzz,
About A Boy,
The Secret In Their Eyes,
Before Sunrise.

The secret in their eyes - Its a slow movie but a good mystery. Keeps you glued till the end. Wonderful make-up job!

Before Sunrise
- I kinda didnt find it appealing watching it after Before Sunset. I heard Anjaana Anjaani is based on similar theme.

The Karate Kid (2010) - Was good but too slow. I expected something huge but waiting for 2hrs just to watch kids fight was a bit let down. The Mrignayani or whatever babe was cute though. Jaden Smith was not irritating as Aditya Narayan as a kid. I so much used to hate his voice.

Chocolate still remains my fav marshal arts based movie. I haven't watched Onk Bak series. I am not a very big fan of marshal art movies I guess.

Top Bottom