Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^ Is the DVD/Bluray out ???

Unfortunately not yet.
i wanted to see it in theaters but missed.Waited for its dvd release still no sign.

But an alternative is out with quality almost similar to dvd if you know where.
search a bit:D

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
dude this is perhaps your 7th post in this thread singing the same song....perhaps people are out of ideas for your query!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

Friends kindly respond to my earlier request. Please post some list of good thriller movies.

Identity,
L.A.Confidential,
Se7en,
The Game,
The Ghost Writer,
The Silence of the Lambs,
The Usual Suspects,
Zodiac,
The Prestige,
Fracture,
Shutter Island,
Inside Man,

these are some sci-fi movies but with a thriller twist-
12 Monkeys
Donnie Darko

Not exactly a thriller but still awesome- Fight Club

EDIT: Go to this Link & select the mystery & suspense genre from the list..the list is a bit old but there are some pretty good movies there.

Last edited by a moderator:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
aaah...why didn't i get this idea before....good idea himadri....

ajayritik...here is link from mother of all sites:

Best/Worst "Thriller" Titles

ajayritik

Technomancer
Identity,
L.A.Confidential,
Se7en,
The Game,
The Ghost Writer,
The Silence of the Lambs,
The Usual Suspects,
Zodiac,
The Prestige,
Fracture,
Shutter Island,
Inside Man,

these are some sci-fi movies but with a thriller twist-
12 Monkeys
Donnie Darko

Not exactly a thriller but still awesome- Fight Club

EDIT: Go to this Link & select the mystery & suspense genre from the list..the list is a bit old but there are some pretty good movies there.
Thanks brother for the suggestions!

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

dude this is perhaps your 7th post in this thread singing the same song....don't you get it, perhaps people are out of ideas for your query!!!
Brother I feel you are being a little rude by using the above bolded words. I maybe wrong with my assumption.

R2K

In the Zone
^^ Yes I know :D, but with Blurays and HT I am obsessed with quality so its either a BluRay or a High quality (2+GB) BluRay Rip ...... No DVDs or DVD rips for me now (except may be Bollywood movies as BR are rare for most of them) .....

OMG....u mean... u buy every movie DVD/bluray u watch?

R2K

In the Zone
vacancy 1( but sequeal of this movie turned out to be a stinking piece of ****)
Orphan
best horror/thrillers of all time

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
@R2K: Sam takes the Blueray Disc and thinks all this diskspace is wasted and uses the good 'ol knife to 'rip' and 'rip' till the size desired :D

------------------------------------

After watching Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven and still wondering what was the message in that movie; i dared to watch another of his directorial one Gran Torino. His screen presence was dynamite all the way. I loved how he handled his racist comments which kinda felt humoruos. The way he picks and points the rifle reminds me of Val Kilmer in Heat; all purpose and no BS.

R2K

In the Zone
guys ..........i wanna know ur views abt these movies before i get them:razz:

eyes wide shut
borat
cube zero
drag me to hell
onion movie

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Okzzzz....
Here is something for some special people (Hostel, Salo, Human Centipede level people rest r adviced of not to watch it)

A Serbian Film (2010)

A Serbian Film was first unveiled at the South-by-Southwest festival earlier this year where it appeared to pole-axe most reviewers "I think the film is tragic, sickening, disturbing, twisted, absurd, infuriated, and actually quite intelligent," wrote the critic Scott Weinberg. "I admire and detest it at the same time. And I will never watch it again. Ever."

A Serbian Film pulled from FrightFest | Film | guardian.co.uk

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Family Resemblances Un Air De Famille Jaoui-Bracer
An average French family ostensibly celebrates a birthday in a restaurant. In one evening and during one meal, family history, tensions, collective and separate grudges, delights, and memories both clash and coalesce. Indeed, poking each other's sore spots turns out to be the main order of business. Henri (Bacri) runs a saloon that he inherited from his father called "The Sleepy Dad," and in the near-empty bar, he plays host to several members of the family as they mark the 35th birthday of his sister-in-law, Yolande (Frot). Henri's sister, Betty (Jaoui), is 30, single, and not very happy about it; his brother (and Yolande's husband), Philippe (Yordanoff), is an executive in a growing software company; Mother (Maurier) is the siblings' strong-willed matriarch; and Henri's paralyzed dog is on hand, whom someone describes as "like a rug, but alive." It's not been a good day for most of them: Philippe is anxious that his boss might not have liked the tie he wore on television; Betty is depressed about the sad state of her current relationship; Henri has just learned that his wife is leaving him; and Mother is tossing caustic barbs at everyone left and right. Henri's bartender Denis (Darroussin) is the one neutral party on hand, and he provides the voice of reason in the midst of the bickering.

Its a french film but you could use subtitle. Almost ART a treasure.

Krow

Crowman
I recently saw this movie called Black Cat, White Cat. Enjoyed it thoroughly!

My movie watching time has reduced drastically here. Reading FTW! All hail Asimov! :mrgreen:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Blazing Saddles 9/10

A great parody. Laughed like hell......made my day.

Mother of all spoofs.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

"Hedley Lamarr: Men, you are about to embark on a great crusade to stamp out runaway decency in the west. Now you men will only be risking your lives, whilst I will be risking an almost certain Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor."

Top Bottom