Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ Haven't watched the original. I expected grownup goons. Some serious Chinese villains. Kid teaming up with his master to kick some a$$es. I knew it would be the kid. Just wasn't sure about the opponents.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fight Back To School III 7/10

When you are down and bored Stephen Chow is the medicine for you. I just love him. A good comedy (might be his best). Cheered me up greatly.

Stephen Chow is the man....going to get all his movies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Watched three movies today.

1) Enter the Matrix
2) The Matrix Reloaded.
Speechless. Wachowski brothers are genius! Sure I had watched these movies way back in 2004 but I was just 10 years old and only enjoyed the fight sequences but now that I understand (or I think that I understand) the plot and the concept and know a little about movie making, I see what masterpieces they are. I would give them both a 9/10. The second part was a bit lacking in the plot department but it made it up with the action.

The Expendables - 7.5/10
The plot was okay... no it was weak but the action and fun meter counts in this kind of movies. Sylvester Stallone is still one of the best actors when it comes to action movies and the whole mega star cast impressed me. I think the plot should have been better and Jet Li should have got more screen time. Otherwise a perfectly good and entertaining action movie.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Saw prince of Persia today will rate 7/10

Good action movie..similar to game...nice jumping and swinging around:mrgreen:

Watched the movie yesterday wasn't that great would rate it 6/10

Guys any good movies similar to Shutter Island. I liked the movie when I watched it the other day

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
[/COLOR]Closer what a fu**ed up insight of complicated couple relations involving Sex, Deception, Trust, Breach and what not ...... its purely 18+ material which need a very mature head to digest the exploding explicit arguments of the couples involved ...... People interested in some hard hitting dry emotional drama, just watch this .... 6.8/10 ... not for kids please

K JO remade this into Kabhie Alvida Na Kahena. The conflict between Preity and SRK has much similarities with this.

I had watched this movie when I was in college, may be second year. Found really boring, slow and a few funny moments. I guess, was not mature enough to understand it. Later I liked KANK very much (apart from SRK fanatic factor, liked the concept too)

Ok after the heavy drama from Closer .... straight to Thriller, Twist, crime and investigation ....
Chaos ....... wow started this movie with an expectation of a typical hollywood action cop thriller, but man this turned out to be a pretty decent movie, with intruging investigation, few minor and a pretty decent major final twist ...... great star cast with Jason Statham and Wesley Snips ...... 6.5/10

Chaos......ummmm
I did not enjoy it...

Any suggestions friends!
Are baba aur kuch acha movie nahi ayi hai is saal...

ajayritik

Technomancer
Are baba aur kuch acha movie nahi ayi hai is saal...
Bhaiyya ji maine puche koi bhi thriller genre ki movie. Not necessarily released this year. Something in the line of Shutter Island. Where we don't know what's going to happen next.

Looks like you are referring to my earlier post where I was asking any new movie released recently which can be watched running in theaters.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Bhai ever page of this thread if flooded with suggestions, what else do you want .... :smile:
Bade bhaiyya can you suggest some movies in thriller genre!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Defendor - Another Kick Ass with comparatively less on entertainment quotient but more on emotional quotient. Enjoyable. Babe was cool.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I watched LA confidential some 10-15 yrs back when it was released and I was like WTF!! Then I watched it again some 3 years back and my reaction was same as yours, though I don't remember small details now. Same happened with Pulp fiction.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
You don't know Jack (2010) - I am not a big Al Pacino fan but this could probably his best role till date. He has excellently portrayed Dr Jack Kevorkian, who was the man behind doctor-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. This movie seriously makes you think about life with a different perspective. Very highly recommended.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

A Simple Plan its an inticate story well dealt by the director about a a bunch of friends who find a huge amount of money and the consequences with their course of actions henceforth, it starts of with a simple motive but get really complicated by the end.

Movie very aptly deals with Human emotions that challenges your conscious between the right and the wrong. This film depicts how far even simple people can go if greed, desperation, frailty creeps in. It takes a simple common mans's hope of "and then it will all be all right" ..... and shows us how horribly things can go wrong by this approach ...........Couple of situations I was not fully satisfies but still a recommended movie .....
6.8/10
The Big Nothing seems to be a similar concept :cool:

Top Bottom