Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Reminds me of this thread

*www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=15435894&tid=2471669834668057969

QUOTE]

Even girls couldn't resist Gunda. Though the result turned out to be a bit expected for them!

*www.indianexpress.com/res/web/pIe/ie/daily/19980925/26851144.html

Saw Sarkar Raj, on big Screen after a long time! Liked Aishwarya. I think people are too harsh on her acting. She ain't that bad. The movie too was good. Quite a few unexpected sequences.

Would like to see Incredible Hulk only for Edward Norton, one of my favorite actors since Fight Club. But will wait for the DVD ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
A Millionaire's First Love - sweet movie, shows some good value, one time watch or may be few more
Battle Royale - OMG this ones is a must watch, beware there is too much violence, new concept and amazing acting by nearly every teenager, not a one person centric movie

Edburg

In the zone
Any one here saw Kamal Hassan's Dashavatharam?
How is it?
Is it worth watching?
I am planning to see it on monday with my frnds.

well i saw it last friday....my impressions were ok...although my frnds went gaga over it saying such an increduble movie..

i loved the action sequences and special effects...they were incredible

but what i dint like is that a good script has been wasted by introducing typical indian film content like songs,comedy and heroine....there was no need for 10 roles and role for actress was a waste and inclusion of comedy and songs dint blend well with the movie....also the story was quite predictable....

overall i wud rate it as a good movie but wud have been excellent if those above negatives were not there....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
American History X.This is by far one of the most powerful movie I have ever seen.I stand to hail Edward Norton for his raw acting.This guy is immensely talented.The kind of Neo-Nazi character which he sports in the movie is something which one should never miss.This gets a full 10/10 from me.The film sends out a very powerful message about racism & what it leads to.It depicts a very harsh picture as to how skinheads used to preach their White supremist ways.If any of you haven't seen this movie yet, I'd suggest forget everything else & get this one ASAP.Wonder why Edward Norton didn't win an oscar for this one? :confused:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
American History X.This is by far one of the most powerful movie I have ever seen.I stand to hail Edward Norton for his raw acting.This guy is immensely talented.The kind of Neo-Nazi character which he sports in the movie is something which one should never miss.This gets a full 10/10 from me.The film sends out a very powerful message about racism & what it leads to.It depicts a very harsh picture as to how skinheads used to preach their White supremist ways.If any of you haven't seen this movie yet, I'd suggest forget everything else & get this one ASAP.Wonder why Edward Norton didn't win an oscar for this one? :confused:

Oh man what a movie you have reminded. I saw it way back. It was totally out of my mind.
The two movies I can never forget which blew me away simply on the performance by Edward Norton......American Histroy X and Primal Fear. The hate which has been shown here is really too much, it gives you shivers, but at the end it has been handled quite nicely.

My recent move was In The Vally Of Elah Another masterpiece of 2007. 2007 really came up with quite a few very exceptionally good movies like this one then No country for old men , There will be blood and Gone baby gone. All there 4 movies are absolutely worth watching.......

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The two movies I can never forget which blew me away simply on the performance by Edward Norton......American Histroy X and Primal Fear. .......

And his role in Fight Club made me his instant fan! Also watch him in The Painted Veil. He was wasted in Italian Job where Mark Wahlberg took the limelight.

Though I am not a big superhero movies fan, I am eagerly awaiting to watch Incr Hulk just for him.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^True but the thing which is very special about this movie is the character he potrayed.It reflected a totally different character of him that I had in my mind.That skinhead bad ass look was really very intimidating.The expressions & the dialogue delivery was something which I had never seen before.Primal fear had a very good drama attached to it but nothing would compare to this movie.To be honest, this movie disturbed me quite a bit & had a huge impact.I wasn't able to get that curb stomping scene out of my mind till I reached to work the next day.It seemed unbelieveable in the way he kills that guy & potraying that 'no remorse' grin on his face.Simply amazing.

Will be watching The Incredible Hulk perhaps later this week.Looking forward to Hancock & The Dark Knight too.

Saw I know who killed me yesterday.Ok'ish movie.

Pathik

Google Bot
Reminds me of this thread

*www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=15435894&tid=2471669834668057969

QUOTE]

Even girls couldn't resist Gunda. Though the result turned out to be a bit expected for them!

*www.indianexpress.com/res/web/pIe/ie/daily/19980925/26851144.html

Saw Sarkar Raj, on big Screen after a long time! Liked Aishwarya. I think people are too harsh on her acting. She ain't that bad. The movie too was good. Quite a few unexpected sequences.

Would like to see Incredible Hulk only for Edward Norton, one of my favorite actors since Fight Club. But will wait for the DVD ;)
Dude, tu to Gunda ke piche paagal ho gaya hai. Am trying to get it now. Looks like a must try.

BTW Yea, Edward Norton fan here. Waiting for the Incri HUlK.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
My oh My...u stole my words dude!! I saw this flick recently! And man..what a movie. Spectacular performances by every one. Rest u have said well!

Ok, few movies i watched recently..
1. Chantal -> Quite touching. However, many things were out of the scenario. Film is highly rated! :p Above all, one fine film for Misty Mundae fans! :D I'll give it 2.5/5!
2. The History Boys -> Fantastic Movie for our age-groups. Nice characters and a completely happening story. In the end, it'll left a smile on ur face. Thats for sure. I'll give it 3.5/5! :)
3. Definitely May be-> A cute romantic story by Adam Brooks. Expect nothing, but pure drama, romance and a truly touching performance by my all time favorite Ryan Reynolds! :) And yeah, not to mention the amazing ladies in the film like Isla fisher and Rachel Weisz! :D I'll give it 3/5!
4. Ok, few films, which really went above my head!! :p
(a) The Nines -> I must say, Ryan Reynolds was extremely impressive here too. Looks like 2008 is Reynolds year!! :D Interesting characters and very played too. However, the story was too much for me! :p I'll give it 2.5/5!
(b) Donnie Darko -> Ok, quite an amazing film. You'll like the climax and few shockers!! ;) Jake delivered an amazing acting. However, the story turned out to be more than, i could think off! :p I'll give it 3/5 though.
And yeah...these both are quite Emo flicks!
5. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> First of all, the cast dialogs and scenario are completely perfect. The movie provided some kind of appeal. The story will remind u of some much familiar flick from Bollywood!! :d Action packed, dramatic and quite funny...believe me, this flick is worth watching. I'll give it 3.5/5! :)
6. Lonely Hearts -> Ok, this flick isnt for everyone. Quite dark, disturbing and deals with very heavy themes like suicide and child murder! And worse of all, the storyline is true to life! :| Intense cinematography and creates an intimate view. Powerful performance and drama by each character. And to all this, we've John Travolta playing Detective, who reveals the crime secrets in the end. Ohh, not to mention the mesmerizing latin beauty Salma Hayek!;) All in all, one dark true Crime Thriller. I'll give it 3.5/5!

Phewww...that would be it for the week!! :D hehe..

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
A Clockwork Orange : Great story but crap execution. It couldve been less boring if the director wanted so. But as the case is my opinion differs from a lot of "critical acclaimers" .

davinci

wid million core procesor
Well if u like music then The School of Rock and That Thing You Do are simply great movies to watch.Watch them n let me kno if u hav likd them

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^ I don't like Stanley's films :(..............too boring..........and thats why he is critically acclaimed maybe.......

Top Bottom