Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Grave of Fireflies - one of the saddest anime, will make you cry.

@dreamcatchre
Groundhog Day ftw

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Alright.Saw a couple of movies lately(now that my NU connection is back :D).

National Lampoon's Vacation: Awesome Chevy Chase movie.
National Lampoon's European Vacation: Again a good movie
Feast : Alien bash up & decent gore flick
Dead Man on Campus: Average comic flick
Step Up 2 : The Streets : Way better than the first one & some great dance moves to look out for.

Next in line:
Alien Resurrection
Top Secret
Slackers
Weekend At Bernies II
Oscar
Rookie of The Year
Dreamcatcher

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi,
Just tell me one thing.........who recommended "Pi" here........I believed him and ended up watching it.........and I'm requesting him to P L E A S E make me understand what was that.......what was happening in that movie and why..........??
May be I'm the dumbest person in the earth.....but I agree I couldn't get the movie.......

There was a mathematician......who is searching a pattern.......ok let him search......he also has a problem in his head which was never described or vaguely described or its upon the viewer how he wants to make up it by joining infos scattered in the film.........c I'm confused here too..........then there is a "company" who is after him......why?? nobody knows neither our protagonist in the film........suddenly they present him something and in later half rather pressurizing him bring back money they leave him alone..........(kash aisa companies idhar bhi hota)..............
then our hero(???) drills into his head.............yeah DRILLS with a driller and stays alive.........how and why nobody knows...........
One more thing the release time of the film is 1998 but its in B/W why.......I couldnot get it too............

If anyone likes such confusing cinema......watch "Bee Season".............I couldn't get it too........I tolerated the whole movie only in hope to understand it in the coming scenes but then suddenly titles started.............

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^by genre it seems to be a psychological movie
and there the rational ends, its 3.14....and something to the precision. So the title itself is obviously irrational...lolz
Many things in such movies are symbolic. Guess you missed the point while finding logic in it :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Finally watched Once Were Warriors People interested in some heavy, serious hard hitting cinema, go for this movie. Its a drama with some solid performances about a familiy fighting loose tempered alcholic father. The movie has an unconventional backdrop and hits you really hard at the end. I love movies like these with substance.
Thank you Allwy for suggesting this one.......one question though which community was shown in that movie. I mean what part of the world was that. AFA I know they had a mexican accsent. Was that mexcio. But whatever......... this backdrop really suited for the movie theme. Good one..........
I saw the movie way back but from what I can recollect it was Maori culture of New Zeland.The accent was a mixture of Maori & English.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
HI guys,
can u help me with a name of a movie. I saw it atleast 8-9 yrs ago in star movies.
Eddy Murphey was in it.
Its about a director who wants to make a movie with the then big star(Eddy murphey). But doesn't have fund to afford him. So he walks around eddy murphey with camera in hiding and shoots always. sometimes he makes situations to make his scenes.......and edits them as necessary. Eddy murphey had double roll in it. There was a heroine in this film who wants to make her role longer any means......uses everyone:D...........cameraman,spot boy,producer,co-actor and even d director:D

I can't remember its name. As far as I remember it was "Gold Finger" or something like that..........:rolleyes:

jal_desai

In the zone
28 weeks later Genre: Horror

the concept is good. but it goes a little unreal at some places and at the end of the film u may feel... "wat? is tht it? show me more?"

my overall rating: 6.8/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boat Trip Genre: Comedy

though a 2002 movie, but i watched it just two days back... nice and hilarious movie. the only itchy thing is tht the "reason for comedy is just one" in the whole movie.

my overall rating: 7/10

Cars Genre: Animation

one word...Awesome. animation is just as perfect as it can be. emotions wrapped around an inanimate object... perfectly blended.. the story is straightforward... but tht goes on the positive side.

my overall rating: 8.5/10

Over the Hedge Genre: Animation

great animation. story is also sweet and simple. goes quite hilarious at times

my overall rating: 8/10

Jannat Genre: Romance, Action

very straightforward in today's cinema status. dialogues are little above average but the story brings everything down. Sonal chauhan looks cute and dumbo at the same time and emraan hashmi is as usual.

my overall rating: 5/10

Sunshine Genre: Sci-Fi, Adventure

good concept wrongly approached. the terror is not shown as terrifying. a little more emotional content required. The end is very blurry. however they picked a topic which is very good.

my overall rating: 6.5/10

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
The Incredible Hulk

9/10

BTW, The Hulk vs Iron Man is coming up. Check out this for an Idea: *www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/hulk-vs-iron-man/947/

:D

The Ruins- Worth a watch.

learned 23 things after i watched the movie.! :p

*****spoiler warning*****
1- When your new hat falls on the road, you will not stop the car to pick it up, because you are cool and it's just a mexican hat that you wear cause it's funny.

2- When someone comes at you running with a visibly scared horse, yelling in an unknown language, you'll take a picture of him.

3- When you step in the Killer Plants for the first time, you'll doom everyone around you to a certain and horrible death, especially the first guy and the last one trying to help you.

4- When you are a mexican guide, you will get arrow'd and shot in the head because you stole the lead chick's camera.

5- If you are on top of a pyramid, your brand new hat might just disapear.

6- You will always bring a huge white radio when you go hitch hiking in the jungle, since you only took three grapes and a bottle of water.

7- When you go down a dark pit, you don't need to check the rope you're using, although it was on top of a pyramid for maybe decades.

8- When you see a rope about to break, you pull it up to increase the fall of the guy attached to it.

9- When you fall for 5 seconds on Earth (i.e more than 10 story) and land on your back, you won't die.

10- When your rope is too short, you will cut a tent into nylon strips instead of using the other piece of rope lying on the ground next to the newly paralyzed guy.

11- When you REALLY need help, you will try to ask the guys who shot dead one of your group member.

12- If you throw a plant on a Mayan kid's t-shirt, his people will kill him.

13- Giving aspirin to someone who most certainly suffers internal damage and/or bleeding is a good idea to keep him warm ;

14- This is what you learn when you go to med school.

15- Also that septicemia is "an infection usually in the bones", not an infection of the blood itself.

16- If your flight is tomorrow, you have hope.

17- If you are in the middle of the jungle with "4 American on a vacation", you might get saved because police, family, SOMEBODY will look for them, but maybe not for you.

18- When a girl cutting herself almost stabs your buddy, you will try to stop her the exact same way he did and get succesfully stabbed.

19- Killer plants can make air vibrates in order to mimic your cellphone, or your voice (it depends how long you've been with them).

20- Killer plants will wait for you to be scared shi tless by dead bodies before eating them, unless it's you or your german friend's legs.

21- If the Mayans are salting the ground, it's not for the taste, it's to contain the wrath of the Killer Plants.

22- Sometime, you just can't keep cutting. I'm sorry.

23- If you're Greek, you'll be too late.

*****end of spoilers*****

source IMDB! :)

Top Bottom