Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey Juno is awesome! I loved the movie. The girl is an exceptionally good actress (and I know she's a little too young for me, but very cute). A must watch indeed.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^I always say this,if you are going to watch a movie based on a book then you should read the book first(its not practical all the times but still...)

classic examples include the gotfather trilogy and the bourne series,I mean if you haven't read the book then you simply can't understand half of the movie which is itself just 1% of the book.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^I always say this,if you are going to watch a movie based on a book then you should read the book first(its not practical all the times but still...)

classic examples include the gotfather trilogy and the bourne series,I mean if you haven't read the book then you simply can't understand half of the movie which is itself just 1% of the book.
Crap! I was planning to watch the Bourne Triology.I am not that much of a book reading fan but just wanted to know what's the major difference when they make a movie based on some book?

A

Angie1313

Over the weekend I got the chance to watch Gangs of New York again. I love Dainel Day Lewis in that!

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Crap! I was planning to watch the Bourne Triology.I am not that much of a book reading fan but just wanted to know what's the major difference when they make a movie based on some book?

dude, there is absolutely nothing similar between the Bourne books and the movies...read the books only if u want to marvel at how different the two are

Dipen01

Youngling
Even movies of Bourne Series are awesome... One of very few trilogies of which i loved all the parts ;)

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

Bourne sseries???
Did you even read it???? Both film s(specially 2nd and 3rd) are entirely different except for title. As for Godfather Trilogy, books are great but the movie is a Standalone. You surely miss many things, but you can get 100% of whats shown in movie. A good example will be HP Series. You surely wont get a thing without reading the book.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I just compared HP but whatever be the movie, books are a better deal.

Mario Puzo's Godfather, J R Tolkein's Lord of the Rings simply blows you off. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favourite movies but after I read the book, felt the movie kinda sucks.

I'm yet to see a movie which is equal to books.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Man I tell you people here are just discuessing the names and few experience bout movies, just go through the threads of IMDB and see how Fanatically people discuess, going absolutely in to all the aspects of a movie. I love to discuess there. One thread I enjoyed most was for SAW III and IV. Man, u cant even imagin how intensly people scrutinized the saw series and it was fun to discuess coz the movie series itself was quite intricate and integrated. Thats what I want to do here, but alas, after just few comments and people usually do not bother to discuess the movie......:-(
That's why I am more on IMDB in terms of discussing movies & now even games rather than anywhere else.People create extremely interesting threads & discuss very much in detail.I like to be a lurker out there & at times post my doubts.There are some that are usual nimrods but many which are distinctly genuine members.I remember a person in Terminator thread who was so much into the movie that you could literally see him posting the whole movie script for every question that was asked.:D

That is something what I like.People who know exactly what they are talking about & know what they say.Hence you need to visit those boards to get a heads up on their ideas.I can safely say that's it's the best discussion boards & the best movie database site on the planet.I have got so many horror movie recommendations from that site.You should check out some discussions on the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin & you'll be amazed at them posting their real life incidents too.It's something which you can relate to in some way or the other & feel good to read.;)

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Nothing Similar.....I'd say that would be an over statement......agreed lot of difference but the main plot remains the same. Atleast for the first one coz thats the only one I read.......

dude, i've read the books and there's very little similar...apart from the name of Jason Bourne, and the names of some projects, its mostly all different. another thing...each of the three books are complete in themselves..i.e. the books aren't a trilogy

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
watched The Great Escape, Moulin Rouge, Saving Private Ryan and Amityville Horror

Watch the first 3 and last one is pure crap, cheap scares. A kids nightmare...hehehe

a_medico

Chillum Baba
man hav u seen all the movies :D You seem to be a movie harvester machine :D:D:D

I used to be pretty jobless then. I used to engage myself in taking pangas with taxi/rickshawalas or with people on net on various forums for no reason at all. When I was done with it I switched over to movies for good. Gonna be jobless for few more days to come so I am again watching movies. Next on my list is Marathon ;)

Amityville Horror is pure crap, cheap scares. A kids nightmare...hehehe

I found it quite ok when I watched it a year back.

One unusual movie which I found quite scary was The Abandoned. Worth a watch one time.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0475937/

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Bourne sseries???
Did you even read it???? Both film s(specially 2nd and 3rd) are entirely different except for title. As for Godfather Trilogy, books are great but the movie is a Standalone. You surely miss many things, but you can get 100% of whats shown in movie. A good example will be HP Series. You surely wont get a thing without reading the book.

dont ask what I have read and whaT I haven't,I am(or used to be) a book freak.

Movies just show what he does,books explains what he is thinking every moment,how his reflexes work,I mean the level of detail is simply amazing.A chase scene that takes 1-2 minute in the movie has been explained to well in the book.books and movies aren't the same but the plot and bourne is the same.I have been a robert ludlum fan since then.

I guess you haven't read the books.

The godfather books(or even other books by mario puzo) can't simply be compared to the movies.The movies are great,great actimg,everything on mass scale,But for a guy like me who read the book before watching the movie,The movies are just 1% of the book.If someone ask me whether he should wath the godfather movie or read the books instead,I would suggest him the books,godfather series is the top rated movies,but mario puzo is one of the smartest author ever.He will never let you guess whats coming.So mario puzo's grandfather books>the godfather trilogy.:p

Top Bottom