Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Transformers : Age of Extinction 5/10

Coming from a paid preview!

Its a 3 hour long movie! And, IDK if you would agree with me but how can you justify a 3 hour long Transformer movie?!!!

The prequels never had reputation for having a worthwhile plot but this installment did not even bother to tell a story.

Shaky start, pathetic middle section and somewhat good climax but it takes so long to reach the dinosaur part that you are already too exhausted to enjoy the awesomeness.
Oh, add confusing and clueless acting by the supporting cast.

Sorry fanboys, 5 is the max rating I can think of giving it !

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i feel after initial success, people just want to cash in by getting too formulaic and including more over the top elements. transformers 1 was great, great story, build up and cool sequences. part 2 was such grandiose action, i got tired pretty fast and wanted it to end. similarly iron man1 was great, later parts meh. thor too. the only movie that i enjoyed more than the 1st was CA. I think even raimi ruined a beautiful franchise with Sp3 having too many characters and dumb subplots. having said all this, will i watch transformers?. hell yeah, i expect to be entertained by the imagery while allowing a cliched script to pan out.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Lync ??? I thing you meant Lynch .... but how is this movie related to Lynch, if thats what you meant

Yes. There used to be 'Edit post' button, which is not there anymore! Watching Enemy gives you a feeling like watching a David Lynch's movie is what I meant.

Update - 'Edit post' is back!! :-D

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
oh man. i just finished matchstick men and i am overhwelmed with various emotions, mostly of joy. what a beautiful story. definitely nic cage's best performance and alison lohman was excellent as well.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Watched "The Butterfly Effect" once again today & still love it, stays among my top 10 movies.

easily oneof the greatest thrillers. makes you wonder why kutcher wastes his talent on crap like 2.5 men.
especially the scene where amy and kutcher cross each other at the end and try looking back was heart breaking. he truly loved her to let her go

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Fully agree with Captain America 2. There are lot of movies I enjoyed 2nd more than first, but if we just take Super Hereo movies here. CA was one plus Man of Steel (Super Man 2 technically), X-Men: The first class (haven't seen the latest though;;;yet) were also better than the first in their respective series....

Well how is Man of Steel in any way Superman 2 ? It is a reboot of Superman Franchise and starts The DC Cinematic Universe , it has absolutely nothing to do with either Superman Returns or the earlier Superman films .

abhidev

Human Spambot
Worst....??? wait till you see Ong Bank 3 .... Tom Yum Gongs is a master piece in comparision

there's Ong Bak 3 too?? :shock: Ong Bak 1 and Tom Yum Goong were the only best movies ..... I wish he could team up with the 'The Raid' team...that would be interesting....also have heard that he is the action choreographer for FF7 :D

.jRay.

Youngling
Transformers : Age of extinsion

7.5/10

The visual effects are great. The series seems repetitive with the plot and action, but is enjoyable. Tad too lengthy gets boring in between.
And the ending points towards another sequel.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
How to train your dragon 2 8/10

Story line is awesome. Would have lived some dog fighting with toothless. I felt the story pace was a little uneven.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ek Villain 5.5/10

Allegedly dumb down version of "I saw the devil" (but could not find any resemblance )

A very confusing storyline, annoying Shraddha but good acting by Siddharth and Riteish.
Nice songs...ummmm, may be you should check this out when DVD releases.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Drag Me to Hell (2009) - IMDb - story is a little dumb but overall nice and with a cool twist at the end this one really makes up for a good horror film. 6.5/10.

abhidev

Human Spambot
'Transformers - Age of Extinction' 7.5/10 good background score, a bit long but the the action and sfx were satisfying :D

Top Bottom