Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ashs1

Padawan
Seven Pounds - 7/10. maybe a bit too long for my taste..started to drag a bit in the middle.

The Machinist - 8.5/10 Now thats a gripping movie. Wonderful.. twisted plot and good acting by christian Bale.
Kudos to Bale for his dedication. :bow:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched Confessions - 8/10

This review sums up the movie without any spoilers
Kokuhaku (or Confessions) is a real winner from Japan. Just like the title, the movie is about the Confessions of a group of people. After each confession, a new detail is added into the story until it became a complete story at the end.

I feel empty. Very disturbing. The movie remains dark and cold from the beginning until the end. A great thing in this movie is that you don't know who you should hate.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Finished watching The uninvited guest yday. All i can say is Wow. These european/south american thriller movies continue to amaze me. It is a great movie up there with sleep tight, The hidden face, the secret in their eyes. Kudos to these industries for always keeping things unpredictable(even until very end) and staying very faithful to creating a realistic thriller instead of the usual cliched formulaic storylines in hollywood thrillers which neatly wrap up everything in the end

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
well thats true :D man the action was too good and really brutal

You know i happened to stumble upon a very brief shot which was being taken somewhere around north Jakarta, it was a shooting scene, gang-war, i even found it later in Deleted Scenes and shared in Facebook. I also found out it was deleted because of some changes in the script, when i saw the movie, i realized how irrelevant it was, it was a face-to-face all out bloody gun battle ...frigging awesome and violent too!

Pasapa

Live to die another day
The Lego Movie 8.5/10 ( <3 Batman)

How to train your dragon 2 - 8/10

The sequel doesn't disappoint at all. Another good dreamworks production (after a series of flops).

abhidev

Human Spambot
You know i happened to stumble upon a very brief shot which was being taken somewhere around north Jakarta, it was a shooting scene, gang-war, i even found it later in Deleted Scenes and shared in Facebook. I also found out it was deleted because of some changes in the script, when i saw the movie, i realized how irrelevant it was, it was a face-to-face all out bloody gun battle ...frigging awesome and violent too!

ohh yeaa you are in Indonesia right...cool!!! :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
haha you guys didnt get it did you?
if you see the trailer, thats the point of the movie, they die and they are alive again
that is not a spoiler..it was a joke
i havent even seen the movie...its like telling someone theres gonna be titanic in the movie titanic

But what I told is true :lol:

ssb1551

Technomancer
haha you guys didnt get it did you?
if you see the trailer, thats the point of the movie, they die and they are alive again
that is not a spoiler..it was a joke
i havent even seen the movie...its like telling someone theres gonna be titanic in the movie titanic

Hahaha!! Usually people don't get sarcasm!! But funny as hell comment!!

flyingcow

Shibe
But what I told is true :lol:
yeah that is true...
unless, i got a lazarus pit lyin around ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha!! Usually people don't get sarcasm!! But funny as hell comment!!
heheh thnx!!1!
btw was this a sarcastic comment?:cry:

- - - Updated - - -

Jack Reacher- 8.5/10
Im a fan of the books so i really wanted to watch it, and is wasnt disappointed..
Tom Cruise and Rosamund Pike gave a great performance especially the latter one ;)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Memories of murder. What a heart wrenching movie with a dash of humour mixed in. One of the best korean movies ive seen.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Memories of murder. What a heart wrenching movie with a dash of humour mixed in. One of the best korean movies ive seen.

It is a masterpiece.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched The Last Life in Universe - Can't rate for now. Need to re-watch again later.

ashs1

Padawan
Out of the Furnace : 6/10 : simple movie, simple plot, ordinary acting. Nothing to complain about, yet nothing to praise about either. :)

Top Bottom