Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Transformers 4- 7.25/10

~3 hrs of bomblasting coolnes, they only got better with time, loved the introduction of new element, an another active actually overpowering villain, other than megatron. absence of sam witchi was kinda refreshing. galvtron had some cool effects.

hated the fact that optimus did do that, and also had to backstab innocent someone. sux. :-x

cool visuals, nice audio. it's time to go search youtube for *soundtracks*.

p.s. thre should be a rule to make action movies like these at least 2 hrs long, prolonged action sequences kinda gives a feeling of full full satisfaction. :D

and the multiplex near our home has awesome audio, ground was actually shaking all the time during the bomb blasts, so immersive !!!!!

Whom did optimus backstab?

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Whom did optimus backstab?
The new villian (a sort of bounty hunter), who, in the absence of megatron (who was present as Galvatron, but, didn't play an important role), is here to take away Optimus Prime, back to his creators.

Did they also change the actor who played the main character in other 3 movies ? Trailer looked different
Yes, an entire new cast, with fresh, not-so-seen faces.

IMO, overall a good movie, to take forward the Transformers Legacy. I really liked the scale at which the action took place in the second half of the movie, moving to mainland China. Was a bit taken off by the 3D quality at the multiplex near my home. At times, seemed like the movie was a mix of 2D and 3D with some scenes looking clear like 2D.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
"Fresh no-so-seen faces" lol ......????? Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Nicola Peltz ???? you got to expand your movie and TV series horizon a bit more ...:) ... well Nicola I can still presume but Markie Mark and Tucci are ....well pretty seen faces if you ask me ..... :) Just in case Stanley Tucci was in that epic role in Tom Hanks "The Terminal" he was also in Hunger Games series and CA:The first avenger (these are the roles I can immediately think off)...... :)
Fresh, in the terms of the transformers franchise, not-continuation of the original cast. Maybe, I failed expressing that.
you got to expand your movie and TV series horizon a bit more
Yeah, I need to :p

icebags

Technomancer
Oh!! Man he was not innocent. The innocent word got me confused. I missed Lennox and his team

he was completely innocent. a bot of his word, knew how to deal a business with people. :|

he opposed opti, thats a business issue, but he did not betray anyone neither took unfair advantages. :-( he believed in his own power to sort things out.

IMO, overall a good movie, to take forward the Transformers Legacy. I really liked the scale at which the action took place in the second half of the movie, moving to mainland China. Was a bit taken off by the 3D quality at the multiplex near my home. At times, seemed like the movie was a mix of 2D and 3D with some scenes looking clear like 2D.

i dont really understand how come chinese faces r becoming more n more popular these day with hi tech action movies..... there was a special IM3 chinese edition, then in this movie i personally think li bing bing played really a dumb role, just to show off face. :confused: :-?

Last edited:

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Edge of Tomorrow - 9/10 .

Imo one of the best science fiction/action movies ever made. Must watch.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
About Time 4/6 -
My eyes were wet when he has to decide for another baby.
Enough Said 5/6 - Both the lead actors are good, esp. Julia Louis Dreyfus. This is the first time I am seeing her, and I already like her.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
About Time 4/6 -
My eyes were wet when he has to decide for another baby.
Enough Said 5/6 - Both the lead actors are good, esp. Julia Louis Dreyfus. This is the first time I am seeing her, and I already like her.

Are you rating in a scale of 6?

Err...may I suggest you to either consider scale of 5 or 10?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
1. Absolutely zero toilet humor, no sexiest or raciest comment or profanity, not even a single one. This however was also already brought to a low level in Tran-3, but here its absolutely gone. Total family movie, just a one quick kiss in the entire movie.
Mark Wahlberg didn't say fxxk!!! That's unfxxxing believable :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

Are you rating in a scale of 6?
Err...may I suggest you to either consider scale of 5 or 10?
Sure... But it will be like 6.67/10, 8.33/10 ;)

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Edge of Tomorrow 9/10

so amazing. deep. detailed. and intense throughout.

probably seen out the best action movie blockbuster on the summer. it was a good enough story, even though not all actions are explained, the picturisation was amazing, nicely sequenced. once anything happens u get to think out what happened before and what coming next. its like playing game, and learning through the failures, so nice.

tommy boy was perfect, so was emily blunt, and others were best at their job. i wonder how tom cruise is making such cool alien invasion movies these days...... must watch for all groundhog day / source code / timeloop movie fans.

:hyper:
watch and rewatch. again and again, like licking out the butterscotch icecream !

^There ya go, someone else gave it a 9.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Ek Villain - Watched a movie in cinema theater after a long long time...probably after few years. I had promised KRK on twitter, so had to do that - although he wouldn't even know.

Though the scenes were stolen from I saw the devil, The classic and Oldboy, I still enjoyed it. Good songs and Ritesh and KRK were good. This should be a game changer for Ritesh.

The most irritating part was the public...who kept coming late, and then asked ..."kitna hua movie...ab tak ka kya story hai?"
Ofcourse they kept talking on phone too - loudly
And they proudly said...."Asli Villain kaun hai bolu kya?"

I am back to watching movies on my good old computer. Watching a movie alone on a computer with headsphone on at 1am in the night is a pure bliss! Nothing can beat it. Bye bye cinema halls. I am not coming back soon.

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^ And I was thinking if I shell out more money in a multiplex apart from cleanliness I would get some people who would let me watch the movie without passing any comments.
This was ok in single screen theaters but even in a Multiplex these things happen.

Top Bottom