Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
try reading this, when you are free :)
The Ubuntu Packaging Guide is an introduction to packaging programs for Ubuntu and other Debian based distributions
*doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/packagingguide/C/

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Everyone
Thanks for your words of appreciation guys :) You can goto openitis.com and post comment for now. When the voting opens I'll inform you guys. Plz vote for it if you feel it really deserves the appreciateion.

The problem with making .deb is that, first I don't haf enough time to read all the stuff. That was the reason why Harsh was helping with the scripting thing. But he too's stuck. We'll work it out soon :) Second, is that if .deb files are made then people will demand .rpm installers too and so will other people ask for emerge support. I haf absolutely no time for all this. I'm very busy with my university admissions now. I'd asked before and ask again in helping me create .debs and .rpms for this project. Harsh is also working on it.

@x3060
Jus head to that link and post a comment for now :)

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/4103/Screenshot.png *www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/4104/Screenshot-1.png

Two problem that the screenshot will state ;)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) I couldn't get what the first problem is, the whole panel looks blurred.

2) Thats one problem for which I'm helpless. If I use a higher res. icon it get garbled on the Panel. Upon using a res. that is perfect for Panel, compiz stretches it too much and distorts it :( I haf no idea why Compiz should mess with volume icons!

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Dude infra, check this out(if you havent already that is)
*www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Aurora+Unified+Suite+(Preview)?content=70138

This guy's using Aurora GTK+ Engine, and i must say,
it's looking very close to a Mac.

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@ray
Yeah I checked that theme and I must say its AWESOME :) However, there are still a lot of issues with Aurora; which is why stability and addition of features are a concern :(

infra_red_dude said:
^^^ Sure, as long as they resemble Mac OS X Leopard; for, the whole point of the project is to get Mac OS X Interface :)
actually, they are more generic stuff. I thought you might be intrested in forking mac4lin and just converting it into a really good theme for gnome as a whole. I can give you snaps of what I am talking about. I used a GDM theme to go well with the default sound ubuntu makes while it askes us to enter user name. I did some more customisations, and my theming looks like a hybrid between a japanese martial arts like environment and a crystal clear hi tech environment, and things blend into each other rather well.

infra_red_dude said:
^^^ Why don't you release the pack at gnome-look.org then? :)
because those are not GPLed icons. I thought I might release them only for us guys first, then see the responce and release them publically.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Sure, A lot of KDE users haf asked for it and I'd love to port Mac4Lin to KDE... but.. unfortunately I do not haf enough time :( If someone can take up the port, I'd be glad to offer all the help I can :) Anyone?

Top Bottom