Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
infra_red_dude said:
1) I couldn't get what the first problem is, the whole panel looks blurred.

2) Thats one problem for which I'm helpless. If I use a higher res. icon it get garbled on the Panel. Upon using a res. that is perfect for Panel, compiz stretches it too much and distorts it :( I haf no idea why Compiz should mess with volume icons!

Same as of 1 'st the Volume Manager Icon is too big .. and the Network Icon did not get changed ;)

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
coolpcguy said:
^^ I can try. But I've never done any sort of porting. I dunno how to go about it :(
You will need some knowledge of Qt theming. That said, with Qt you can actually get the MacMenu thing working easily out of the box as KDE supports it by default!

Dark Star said:
Same as of 1 'st the Volume Manager Icon is too big .. and the Network Icon did not get changed ;)
Thats the normal size, thats how it sould be. Anyways, if you feel its big then try this set (attached). It has been reduced from 48x48 to 36pixels. You need to goto ~/.icons/<Mac4Lin icon folder>/scalable and replace the icons in the folders: stock/actions/status.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
someone copied your project*farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/2123379826_e65106a626_o.png
*linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/12/making-your-ubuntu-look-like-mac-os-x.html

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you have a blogger ID, just post a comment pointing to original work.
And I believe it's possible to flag such content as copied.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The blog owner has comments moderated. I've posted a link to the mac4lin site. But its ok; no problems. People are free to use part of Mac4Lin and combine it with other resources. My motive is to make mac4lin and components reachable to all those who want it :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The blog owner has comments moderated. I've posted a link to the mac4lin site. But its ok; no problems. People are free to use part of Mac4Lin and combine it with other resources. My motive is to make mac4lin and components reachable to all those who want it :)
:D nice attitude

mediator

Technomancer
yeah, i've deleted those files. i'm uploading the files again now. i'll get back when i'm done :)

DONE :) files haf been uploaded. plz download and test them and report back if you haf any problems wid anything!

let the downloads begin.................... :)

ps: i'm indicating all the approx file sizes here so that you don't waste ur time downloading a corrupt file, if any:

Leopard_Pack_1 -> ~5MB
Leopard_Pack_2 -> ~ 7.8MB
AWN_INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS -> ~1.2KB
Wallpapers -> ~5MB
GTK_MacMenu -> ~20.6MB
@anirudh : Now that I've finally got a new system n got some time to spare and do some RnD on graphics department, can u please tell if these r the only packages I need to download? Ah, direct links wud be nice! *www.smileyhut.com/eat_drink/drunk.gif

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
wait wait wait.. this is an ancient version! Mac4Lin ver.0.4 is out now. Download these files:

Mac4Lin_Part1_v0.4.tar.gz
Mac4Lin_Icons_Part2_v0.4.tar.gz
Mac4Lin_Wallpapers_Part3_v0.4.tar.gz
Mac4Lin_Documentation_2.pdf

mediator

Technomancer
Great Job man! But just one suggestion. Include the white theme for windows borders too like in my screenshot! I downloaded that sometime back. Will tell when I'll find out which one!

Neways here's the half of what I've done.

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/803/screenshotdesktopnx4.th.png

*img215.imageshack.us/img215/5915/screenshotdesktop1gg4.png

Keep it up!

edit : I dunno why de second image is cuming so big?..rotten imageshack!!

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'm sorry but which theme and window border are you talking about? I cudn't get it. BTW, the gtk/metacity/emerald theme you are using as shown in the screenshot is not Mac4Lin! Only the icon theme is from mac4lin pack.

mediator

Technomancer
Yep icon theme/awn is from MAC4LIN. Here's the theme (uploaded) that, I think, can add more weight to ur project!
*rapidshare.de/files/38383244/13548-Gnome_MacOS-X_Aqua_Theme_20040730.tar.gz.html

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yep icon theme/awn is from MAC4LIN. Here's the theme (uploaded) that, I think, can add more weight to ur project!
*rapidshare.de/files/38383244/13548-Gnome_MacOS-X_Aqua_Theme_20040730.tar.gz.html
The GTK theme you are using is from the Panther/Jaguar era. Mac4Lin is centered on Leopard and hence this theme (and other prev. versions like Tiger) has not been included :)

Your desktop looks nice :) But one question, if you haf AWN then why do you use the Window list applet on the top panel? You can do away with it and also get more space.

mediator

Technomancer
Yep. I haven't seen much themes related to Mac OS, only the white one and the one u provided. But I feel white one is the best of em. And yea, my RnD isn't over yet. I have only done half of what's there in the documentation. So lets see... :)

Top Bottom