Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@rayraven
Actually with this engine the look of Leopard is the closest that can be obtained with any of the other engines. So I chose to work on this. Anyway, I've made buttons like that of iTunes but the border is the same Aqua buttons. It looks better now. Thanks for the suggestion :)

@Third Eye
Thanks pal :)

Some of you who are using the MacMenu hack (anyone?) will be happy to see a MacMenu supporting GTK theme this time :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Hmm,Ok.
I suggested you a change of engine as i read somewhere that pixmap isnt very close, so aqualooks was developed.
Might be wrong.
Anyways,happy to help.
How abt an updated screenshot?

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The aqualooks engine has been very buggy. Hence the choice of this engine.

Here's a screenshot of the updated icons. Again due to engine limitation the size of the outer boundary of buttons is dependent on the size of the inner button:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Good Work!.Its looking a lot better.
But wud it be possible to make them circular instead of elliptical?

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Nope :( Thats coz the buttons in Aqua are like blobs. They can be made square but not round, in which case all the buttons will become square.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I didnt get you, do you mean to say its not possible to make them circular?

Also,i am quite puzzled to see the buttons in nautilus very nice,
but the ones in exaile, quite bad.

And, dont feel bad about me picking on small details,
just wanna make it look as close as possible.

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Nautilus? Which buttons?

Nope, its not possible to make them blobs system-wide while making them circular at some places (like Exaile). I dunno if Exaile allows scripting to change the button shapes. Mebbe then its possible.

Of corz, no hard feelings. This is the reason why Open Source rocks :) You haf people to help you make your product better!

ray|raven

Think Zen.
infra_red_dude said:
Nautilus? Which buttons?
The Back/Forward/Home/Up etc i.e the navigation toobar.
infra_red_dude said:
Nope, its not possible to make them blobs system-wide while making them circular at some places (like Exaile). I dunno if Exaile allows scripting to change the button shapes. Mebbe then its possible.
Exaile does have allow theming to change the layout, but not gtk afaik.
infra_red_dude said:
This is the reason why Open Source rocks :)
You bet it does ;)

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rayraven said:
The Back/Forward/Home/Up etc i.e the navigation toobar.
Oh, you got it wrong! Those are non-scalable individual pixmaps, part of the icon theme; while the buttons are flexible, part of GTK theme. I'll show you here.

See this, this is an nautilus button (non-scalable, icon theme component):
*img515.imageshack.us/img515/1976/gtkgobackjk0.png

This is the GTK Button (scalable, GTK theme component):
*img515.imageshack.us/img515/6504/buttonnormalqh1.png

So looking at its structure, you can imagine how they look when compressed.

rayraven said:
Exaile does have allow theming to change the layout, but not gtk afaik.
Yeah but as you said it allows only change of layout and nothing else.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Oh damn,i forgot that nautilus buttons come from the icon-theme. :D
Anyways, thanx for taking the time to clear that up.

So, i guess we gotta live with those buttons. ;)

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mac4Lin version 0.4

18th December 2007

Your favorite Mac4Lin is back! A new version, more changes, better looks and an overall more polished product. Please read changelog for information of changes in this version. It gives me immense pleasure to inform all that downloads have crossed 2.6 TB till date!

Please go through the Documentation for illustrated installation instructions. Also some entities like GTK Metacity theme etc. now include two versions. Hence individual README files are included only if there is a need to convey release specific information which the generic documentation does not include. Please read the README file for more details in such cases.

Apply it, flaunt it, enjoy it!

Mac4Lin has been approved to be a contender for FOSS awards. If you like this project then please post your comments and vote for it. Follow the link given below. It'll help Mac4Lin.

*www.openitis.com/openitis/project_view.php?id=89

(Jus follow the link which reads: Click here to discuss or voice your opinion)

Screenshots:

*img49.imageshack.us/img49/8964/screenshotlv0ym2.th.jpg

*img260.imageshack.us/img260/7118/screenshotnl0.th.jpg

*img441.imageshack.us/img441/2349/screenshot2bs8sd1.th.jpg

*img45.imageshack.us/img45/5693/screenshot1sq0.th.jpg

*img443.imageshack.us/img443/640/screenshot2os6.th.jpg

For any suggestions/comments/complaints/feedback/bug tracking please drop me a mail.

E-Mail: infra_red_dude.users@sourceforge.net
Project Website and Download: *sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin

Anirudh (a.k.a infra_red_dude)

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Stupid me....This thread is already 173 posts long and I missed it.!!Downloading the Software right away.!!

praka123

left this forum longback
still no .debs made for your project :confused:,may be you should appeal to ubuntuforum admins for a help :) though you have to give specific details reg the paths,readme,install etc

x3060

A LOTR fan
man , you are amazing :) . . it feels great to speak with you on this forum :) . . truly marvelous , we feel proud of you...
i can apply it on my mandriva and Linux mint is it ?:)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
praka123 said:
still no .debs made for your project :confused:,may be you should appeal to ubuntuforum admins for a help :) though you have to give specific details reg the paths,readme,install etc

BTW is it so tough to make deb files?I mean isn't there some automated software or something.

I thing if this could be provided in dep and rpms then it will,be even more successful.These packages are a must for normal users.

praka123

left this forum longback
^^^Debianised source is needed for building .debs.as reg rpms,it is really tough :( .

@infra:ask the help of some experianced mods there in ubuntuforums or even admin!they will help you making .debs.BTW,there are lot of online resources for making debs.

Top Bottom