Mac4Lin Project hosted on Sourceforge.net

Should Mac4Lin be applied as artwork to Sabayon?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some other recommendation(put it in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Tried everything and the one bundled gives the closest Safari emulation for Firefox.

Edit: Mac4Lin reaches another milestone. 2 TeraBytes of downloads haf been served as of today :)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
congrats!my bad i am sticking to vanilla debian(Glossy) theme in Gnome. :)
will be trying on gutsy sometime soon.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
If its just for testing purpose then why on Gutsy? Just create a temporary login and install Mac4Lin there. That way I'll know if Mac4Lin has any incompatibilities with Debian :)

praka123

left this forum longback
I am using Sid which is newer than gutsy.hardy is based on random sid snapshots taken.So,I can say if with gutsy it worked,Debian Sid or Lenny(testing) may work.while Debian Etch is quiet old reg packages for eg:Gnome is at 2.14 :( in Etch.and Etch is meant for rock stable performance as needed by servers and other mission-critical apps.
So for Lenny/Sid ur mac4lin will work :) and Debian uses ubuntu only packages too via utnubu project in alioth.debian.org

Heh!@infradude:you can try this gtk tool called Deb creator!it is supposed to easy and able to create .debs :)
Deb creator
*boby.joe.free.fr/dev/debcreator_0.3-1_i386.deb
*boby.joe.free.fr/dev/
:eek:

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@Prakash
Hey, thanks for the link. I'll look into it :)

Hey guys, Mac4Lin ver.0.4 is almost ready for release. Just a few little things to work on (some small inconsistencies, as it can be seen in screenshots below).

I'm releasing Version 0.4 preview here:

*img264.imageshack.us/img264/772/screenshotlv0.th.jpg

*img264.imageshack.us/img264/5017/screenshot2bs8.th.jpg

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/4192/screenshot3iq4.th.jpg

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/4551/screenshot4mj1.th.jpg

*img515.imageshack.us/img515/2882/screenshot5hp0.th.jpg

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
looks absolutely same man ... gr8 simply gr8 ... but ur id3 tags are all fugged up ....

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
iMav said:
looks absolutely same man
The GTK/Emerald theme is darker and has better 3D look. The gradient is better. New tabs, progress bars, combo boxes, Thunderbird theme, New iChat Pidgin tray icons, weather icons, better offline wi-fi icons, new folder icons, many more icon updates, unified icon theme for both Gnome 2.18 and 2.20, VLC skins included. These are some of the updates/changes in version 0.4

iMav said:
but ur id3 tags are all fugged up ....
Lolz.. I know :D No time to set things right! Btw, not all are fugged up. The "Rock" you see in the playlist area is the list of Shoutcast Radio stations.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
infra_red_dude said:
The GTK/Emerald theme is darker and has better 3D look. The gradient is better. New tabs, Thunderbird theme, New iChat Pidgin tray icons, weather icons, better offline wi-fi icons, new folder icons, many more icon updates, unified icon theme for both Gnome 2.18 and 2.20, VLC skins included. These are some of the updates/changes in version 0.4
looks absolutely same to leopard :lol: thats what i meant

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Could you make them look like the buttons in iTunes 7?
I cudnt find an imagehosting site that isnt blocked @ my office so attached the pic ;)

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I can make them like that but they'd still be encompassed in the "Aqua" buttons, coz thats how the pixmap engine renders buttons in GTK.

Got some free time.So I'll start work right away :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Hmm,its the bubble around the button is what's looking kinda bad IMO.
Perhaps you could switch from pixmap to some engine?
AquaLooks is good at rendering but is quite buggy.

Regards,
ray

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thats not the bubble. Exaile has an unusual property of adjusting the size of the encompassing button relative to the icon. Thats why the dimensions of the buttons are irregular. Lets see what can be done.

Regarding the change of engine... not possible! That would mean discarding the whole theme and starting from scratch!!!

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Oh,Hmm.
K then, good luck with getting it to work.

And regarding the engine part, i mentioned it as it would make it look more like "leopard".

Regards,
ray

Top Bottom