Mac4Lin Listed in Top 20 winners for FOSS India Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^kalpik?

yea I think anirudh and his project deserves a full 2-3page coverage in digit magazine with the latest build of mac4lin provided on DVD.

din

Tribal Boy
A sent a PM to Raaabo

Hello Raaabo

I am not sure whom to contact regarding this, but I hope you are the right person.

Coming to the topic, as you already know infra_red_dude AKA Anirudh, the senior member in Thinkdigit forum won the prestegeous FOSS award this year. A thread is already running with the news and details, you can find it here..

I was just checking whether Digit will be able to put this news / details in the magazine as it is a happy news for Team Digit as well as all members of this forum.

Hope Digit Team will listen to our request and will do it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards
Din.

Hope he will respond positively.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Thanks Din :)

Digit should be proud of Infra. A 3-4 page article is a must.
:D That would be an overkill!

What I suggest is that Digit covers the whole FOSS India Awards. This is a relatively new concept and not much heard of. They should publish an article on this and get the message to the whole community. This way from next year onwards we'll haf many more projects and this initiative of lfy/openitis to highlight the contributions of Indians would truly be successful. People should be encouraged to get their projects to the masses.

As someone said OSS/FOSS lacks publicity! We need to get this across to everyone out there so that they are rewarded suitably if they deserve it. IMHO Digit should over this event and then list all the 20 projects with One line info for each project and the download URL (info available at openitis website). Thats more than enough :)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ there should be a fast track or whole digit on this article + OSS so that people become more aware-yea thats true most still don't know linux\oss

and congrats,great work,awesome :D

Pathik

Google Bot
:D That would be an overkill!
Nope.. I know you are being very modest. But you really deserve it. :p
What I suggest is that Digit covers the whole FOSS India Awards. This is a relatively new concept and not much heard of. They should publish an article on this and get the message to the whole community. This way from next year onwards we'll haf many more projects and this initiative of lfy/openitis to highlight the contributions of Indians would truly be successful. People should be encouraged to get their projects to the masses.

As someone said OSS/FOSS lacks publicity! We need to get this across to everyone out there so that they are rewarded suitably if they deserve it. IMHO Digit should over this event and then list all the 20 projects with One line info for each project and the download URL (info available at openitis website). Thats more than enough :)
Even this is good. But they should specially mention you and Mac4Lin. :)

Overkill ? I think not. Hard Work and Dedication combined with Patience and Defiance of all Odds is not a walk in the park. Guys like Anirudh are an inspiration to the entire community of wannabe and newbie developers and those who want to show the world that a single man can achieve something never achieved by huge companies. Anirudh surely deserves lots of praise.

I demand a poll in this thread asking if Anirudh should deserve an article in Digit.

din

Tribal Boy
No poll needed ! We all want to see him featured in Digit Magazine.

@Infra

You are really nice and that is the reason why you suggested it will be great if Digit features all FOSS Award winners. But we are not that nice, so evenif Digit decide do so, we want to see you as - special mention :)

Offtopic

@MetalheadGautham - your siggy was really funny :D Liked it.

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
[size=+3]CONGRATS Ani... !!![/size]

Please take a cadbury from nearest shop and eat on behalf of me !! ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
im late ig uess but congratulations ani, chalo apple k naam pe tu bhi kama le :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ 25k is the prize money ;) thats what i meant :)

i think he has the earned the prize money :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom