Mac4Lin Listed in Top 20 winners for FOSS India Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
Hey congrats dude :)
You are from MSRIT right?Its nice to see Indian Engineering students are this good! :)
Actually is that project completely ready?Can we use it in Ubuntu?

No poll needed ! We all want to see him featured in Digit Magazine.

@Infra

You are really nice and that is the reason why you suggested it will be great if Digit features all FOSS Award winners. But we are not that nice, so evenif Digit decide do so, we want to see you as - special mention :)

Offtopic

@MetalheadGautham - your siggy was really funny :D Liked it.
1. Poll is needed just to prove the fact that we are at a unanimous decision
2. I hope you realised that the "Sambha" in the siggy was sambha server :D

Hey congrats dude :)
You are from MSRIT right?Its nice to see Indian Engineering students are this good! :)
Actually is that project completely ready?Can we use it in Ubuntu?
MSRIT ? Thats like a walk from my house. Tell me the time and I can personally congratulate you.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Never did this for any money. It was just a timepass project which spread like wild-fire!

It is opensource and free but licensed under LGPL coz some icons are proprietary. The GTK themes are separately licensed and fully GPL and anyone can use them/mod them/**** them :D

BTW, I still haf no official notification that Mac4Lin has won an award!!!

I mentioned that DIGIT should include all projects coz there are some grrrreat projects which won. Not all users ready LFY. But DIGIT reaches out to even those who don't use F/OSS OS. A lot of first time users can benefit from these projects :)

Yeah, I'm an MSRITian. But I passed out this year (last year actually, 2007).

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Edit: @Shashank
Yes, its ready and you can use it on Ubuntu/ Slackware/ PCLinuxOS/ SUSE/ Mandriva/ Fedora/ RedHat/ FreeBSD/ OpenBSD/ OpenDarwin/ OpenSolaris etc. and any OS that uses GTK and GNOME :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
There's no GTK framework for Windows which can replace the default UI. You can haf GTK libs only to run gtk software (like pidgin/gimp etc.)

Actually my intention is not to mimic Mac but urge the developers to look into better UI. Mac happens to haf a beautiful UI and thats the reason why I chose it to draw their attention and show that nothing is impossi in OSS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom