Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
whatever, competition is good for consumers :)

yep, it helps to bring down price ;-)

BTW, a good news is H61 mobo is already available and it's damn cheap ;-)

Intel DH61WW @ only 3.7K and if we couple this with a core i3 2100 @ 6K - we will get a nice SB combo under 10k

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Intel 6-series chipset ( read P67 and H67 ) with B stepping has some hardware issue which will ultimately result in failure of the 3Gbps ports.

So intel recalled all the mobos ( mobo manufacturers did the same as well ) and fixed the problem and released mobos with new chipset stepping known as B3 stepping which is free from cougar point bug and guranteed to work flawlessly ;-)

failure of 3GBPS ports, means SATA and Graphics ports? :neutral:
Guys I've almost ordered Intel DH67BL from my vendor, what should I do now? Can u suggest a better alternative?
Since the mobo has warranty, will it get replaced if any serious problem occurs?
I don't think the B3 stepping would be available here....

[CB] New Intel roadmap, "Sandy Bridge E", "Ivy Bridge" and more...

*plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/20110409intel.jpg

*plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/20110409intel2.jpg

*plaza.fi/s/f/editor/images/20110409intel3.jpg

Already a few days in Asia, a recent Intel roadmap gets into the Internet that reveals the plans of the group until the first half of 2012. And, of course is the high-end solution, "Sandy Bridge E," but also "Ivy Bridge" and moving updates of many current models.

Things "Sandy Bridge E" for the desktop clear in the films from the eleventh week of the year (mid-March), among others, the advantages over the "Sugar Bay" platform based on the current "Sandy Bridge" or the "Maho Bay" - platform, with the "Ivy Bridge" introduced early in 2012. And of course the support is one of two graphics cards with 16 lanes, the new quad-channel interface with the base R and 2011 contact surfaces, and of course more L3 cache, and more processor cores and threads.

Translated Source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Z68 Chipset will be launched On May 8th

*www.techpreview.in/news/image/img_29_1.jpg

Source

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ nice findings gaurav.:smile: Z68 looks like best of both worlds i.e cpu overclocking and quicksync.

It will be interesting to see sandybridge-E against bulldozer. One heck of a fight its going to be.

[Asus RoG Blog] Japanese Overclocker Reach 6Ghz On Sandy Bridge

While the world is still stunned and saddened by the tragic events that hit Japan on March 11, 2011, the Japanese spirit clearly does not falter. Booooon, a member of the Japanese overclocking team “Team Katana”, used his Maximus IV Extreme motherboard to whip up a massive 6GHz (6003MHz exactly) world record on an Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge CPU. This astounding result was achieved at 1.688V Vcore with the BCLK set to 107.2MHz and CPU multiplier set to 56.

Source

[Bit-tech] MSI Z68A-GD80 preview

*images.bit-tech.net/news_images/2011/04/z68-board-on-show-at-msi-moa-2011/article_img.jpg

The board on show from MSI today is titled the Z68A-GD80, which indicates it is likely to sit towards the top end of MSI’s range of LGA1155 motherboards. It’s not clear though whether that’s as a result of the positioning of the Z68 as the new premium chipset (replacing the P67) or simply MSI’s choice to show this particular premium board.

Source

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SB mobos prices with B3 stepping

ASUS

P8p67 Rs 11,000.00
P8p67 pro Rs 12,500.00
P8h67-m Rs 7,200.00
p8p67 delux Rs 16,000.00

Gigabyte : pleased to see these ;-)

GA-P67A-UD3-B3 -- Rs 9,500.00