I would have shifted to Linux if ....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Share why u chose other OS over unique Linux !!!
or What were ur simple problems over strange Linux

Like few of them r listed below

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
everything is ter in windows,you have more choices,more flexibility, so didnt felt the need to switch

din

Tribal Boy
I think this Linux OS is really bad, here are my points.

1. We can't use pirated linux. That sux.

2. There is no fun in Linux, I mean like no viruses, no adwares etc.

3. Linux is very borring, like its stable and reliable, so not much reboots :(

4. Almost everything comes with Linux is free for a normal user. So its forcing user not to buy anything. I do not like forcing.

5. Linux servers are the most widely used and reliable ones, so I prefer to be different and use some other OS.

more points to come ....

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
din said:

4. Almost everything comes with Linux is free for a normal user. So its forcing user not to buy anything. I do not like forcing.

5. Linux servers are the most widely used and reliable ones, so I prefer to be different and use some other OS.

more points to come ....
lol.yea keep them coming.

praka123

left this forum longback
i am using GNU/Linux for past 4 years.and wants to shift to GNU Operating System if GNUers achieves their goal of creating GNU OS.so far GNU/hurd is sloww in development.

i want to use OpenBSD or FreeBSD,but it lacks drivers for h/w.now looking forward to the works of sun with opensolaris as a possible linux replacement. :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
1) It can play Hi Fi Games (Not Potato Man)

2) It had varaity of aplications as Win Has

3) It had more driver suppport

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
...If I managed to get one up and running perfectly :D
Wud you believe it...I have installed 3-4 different flavors of linux on my PC/laptop but never managed to get one working fully :(
Some hardware problem or something else always manages to creep in...Waiting for Ubuntu 7.10..Hope this will break the jinx :)

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Assuming that the title of the thread is correct, meaning that I would have shifted to Linux if I was not already using it

Your question in the first post however, asks about shifting from Linux to other OS. That would be when I get a mac.

praka123

left this forum longback
wireless support is still lacking in Linux.not the fault of Linuxers,wireless company's are not providing.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
eggman said:
1) It can play Hi Fi Games (Not Potato Man)
Try Metal Blob Solid :)) Games arent always about graphics, they're also about gameplay and tactics! Is that what you meant by Hi-Fi? :)

OP
Ecko

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Ankur Gupta said:
...If I managed to get one up and running perfectly :D
Wud you believe it...I have installed 3-4 different flavors of linux on my PC/laptop but never managed to get one working fully :(
Some hardware problem or something else always manages to creep in...Waiting for Ubuntu 7.10..Hope this will break the jinx :)

Innovation is one day thing
Development is constant

din said:

more points to come ....

6.Linux Uses too much memory & its effects are ver very poor
------------------------------------------
How About LGA (Linux Genuine Advantage)
------------------------------------------

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If Shi++y sorry Sify had a decent client, now that I have MTNL, I run it in virtual machine on my laptop becoz the laptop volume buttons do not work natively and Compaq refuses to provide drivers.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I would have shifted to Linux if It is becomes windows:p
I hate linux to be different than windows

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
iMav said:
I would have shifted to Linux if .... it was better than windows ;)
Linux kernel(or BSD UNIX)are anyway anytime better than windows and dos :lol: are u shifting?windows (Vista) is just a gaming shell used by fa^*ots!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
If at all my old PC has option of booting from USB port or my optical drives are working....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom