Husbands need to pay salary to wives?

nginx

In the zone
The central government's proposal to introduce a law, which, if passed, would mandate every man to part with a portion of his salary income as salary to his wife.

Do you agree with this? I personally think its outrageous.

Complete Story:
*globalvoicesonline.org/2012/09/14/india-husbands-to-pay-wives-for-doing-household-chores/

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I want a clear terms and condition letter typed on a stamp paper with authority signatures a the time of merrige..

If its a working women then she will pay to all the servents as well as 20% of salary to husband as a penalty for doing job.

If I am to pay somebody I can cut the salary for not working,working less,careless working etc :D

She have to pay for all the other work which she is supposed to do as she is just outsourcing the house work ;)

What else govt proposes, can she work on others house to increase the salary, will the caring of own children be payble .

What a stupid idea by govt...r they interfering in our life itself ...what about the thing called "Family"

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ don't count on it. Our ministers though men, are only worried about votes. If they think this will give them some kind of a moral high ground they will go ahead with it even if it's completely outrageous.

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
^^ don't count on it. Our ministers though men, are only worried about votes. If they think this will give them some kind of a moral high ground they will go ahead with it even if it's completely outrageous.

Exactly. Our politicians only care about the vote bank. This is exactly how all the one-sided income tax laws, adultery laws, domestic violence laws against men were passed.

They have no idea of the ramifications of the law. It will create a employer-employee relationship between husband and wife. Husband will not tolerate any mistake or lapse in household chores by wife as he is paying her salary. Will he be able to fire his wife for not performing her duty upto expectation? Will wife be able to leave him and choose another man who has greater income? If wife has some serious ailment and runs up a lakh in hospital bill, then husband can refuse to pay any money as he's already paying her 20% every month. On the other hand wife should have to pay husband rent money for living in his home and consuming his food and electricity.

It will also increase burden on the man tremendously who is often the sole bread earner in the family. The man is always responsible for the well being of the family. He is already paying for the house, all the bills, food, kid's education and now if he fails to pay wife 20% he might go to jail. Our politicians don't realize that not everything can be achieved with money. This is not how relationships work.

If this bill gets passed, it will destroy the institute of marriage. Open relationships will flourish in future. No strings attached, nobody has anything to lose. What incentive do men have anymore to marry?

Marry a working woman, then quit your job.

Problem is this is a one-sided law just like the adultery law. If you are a non-working husband, you are not entitled to 20% of wife's income.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm sure our above Men don't want to share their salaries, that too with the parted woman.

+and don't ever PART :lol:
I don't think they would mind sharing their salaries if it can give them a moral high ground. "Our above men" don't depend on their salaries anyway. They depend more on other sources of income for example business(you know what i mean). Their salary is like a drop of water in the ocean of their wealth so why would they mind sharing 20% of it.

@nginx completely agree with you. If a relationship is based on monetary aspec only, it won't last anyway. Doesn't matter if you pay 20% or 40% of your salary. Yes if a woman is entitled to 20% of the salary then the man should be entitled to treat his wife just like an employee who is getting paid for what she is doing. This law is just bizarre. If anything this law will turn the "home sweet home" into yet another working place. Only difference would be that i won't be the employee in this workplace but the employer.
I don't understand is it the fault of husband that his wife's parent chose not to educationally empower their daughter so that she can become financially independent? If not then why should the husband suffer for it. This law should be applied only on the husbands who don't let their wives go for a proper job inspite of all the qualification and capability present in his wife. Only in that case can this be justified.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hilarious. instead of salary, they should have just stipulated compulsory minimum stipend if the wife is not working, guess it's a measure of preventing abuse where the husband does not give the wife any money at all

Flash

Lost in speed
^^ In that case, this leads to a advantage to the cheat-women, who involve Polyandry for the sake of money.

tkin

Back to school!!
Wives have an equal(sometimes even more) share in everything earned by husbands, so why the need to pay anything, the way I see it whatever I earn, my wife(when I marry :p) will have an equal share in that. If wives file for a complaint then only this measure should be taken.

OP
nginx

nginx

In the zone
Wives have an equal(sometimes even more) share in everything earned by husbands, so why the need to pay anything, the way I see it whatever I earn, my wife(when I marry :p) will have an equal share in that. If wives file for a complaint then only this measure should be taken.

Actually whatever husband earns he earns for the family as a whole, not for any individual. So there is no requirement to divide salary among family members. Only if wife is a serious spendthrift then the husband needs to step in & restrict access to funds. When expenses are shared in a relationship its usually a flexible arrangement. Like for example on some months you are bound to have over-expenditure while on other months you have less expenditure and more savings. The husband and wife has to adjust accordingly. Its impossible to set aside a fixed 20% salary for wives in most middle class families. Besides, the wife is already getting a place to stay & eat all for free while the husband is bearing the entire expenditure of the family like rent, food, kid's education, clothes, bills etc. It's unfair to put more burden on the man but who cares about men right?

One thing's for sure I ain't never marrying any homemaker or "home engineer" as Congress would like to term it. I ain't gonna stand for freeloading off my back :lol:

I'd better buy hookers then.

Next thing you know wife will charge you for sex.

Top Bottom