HTC One Thread

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
HTC One features a 4.7-inch Super LCD 3 display of 1080p resolution (that's 469ppi). It should be able to match the image quality of the Butterfly's unit.

gsmarena_001 (1).jpggsmarena_003.jpg
The One is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset (the same ticking inside the LG Optimus G Pro) utilizing a quad-core 1.7GHz Krait 300 processor, Adreno 320 graphics and 2GB of RAM.
The camera of the HTC One sports a 4MP sensor and 1080p@30fps video recording (with HDR).
The sensor has what HTC calls Ultrapixels, which are much larger than the regular smartphone pixels and promise vastly improved per-pixel quality and low-light performance. The smartphone also offers gyroscope-based Optical image stabilization which should come in handy for video recording.

The HTC One will have 32GB or 64 GB of non-expandable storage and rich connectivity settings including LTE, NFC, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4 and GPS with GLONASS.
HTC One will launch running on Android 4.1.2 but the 4.2.2 update is already in the works.
The new flagship is made out of aluminum and is about 9.3 mm thick. It has stereo speakers at the front with impressive 93db loudness and a 2300 mAh non-removable battery. Also, its Power/Lock key on top is transparent and doubles as an IR port to control home equipment.
HTC One will be available in black, red and silver colors and will launch in March this year.

Source

dixit8611

Journeyman
Finally a phone with some innovation and best all round performance. Waiting for galaxy s4 to see something new.

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
Yes it's looks great, the RED one is super hot. :hot:

Cant wait to see how the ultrapixel performs.

OP
arsenalfan001

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
The performance comparisons are made Here
The new Snapdragon chipset is faster than the rest [even faster than the Kraits found in Xperia Z] almost all cases, except the SunSpider - and truly the benchmark champion, atleast for now.

About the Galaxy S IV, if Samsung is going to use the A15s, ofcourse it will be blazing fast but it will be interesting how manufacturers are going to manage the heat (it has a 4W TDP) generated by them. It is difficult to use it inside a mobile.

tanmayraj

Broken In
Simply awesome phone. 4.7inch screen with 1.7 quad core Krait and with Beats Boom Boom and also with 467ppi (OMG)

aroraanant

Explorer
HTC has come up with something really good, it is the king of all till date.
Now I am eagerly waiting to see what apple comes up in their next gen iphone.

tkin

Back to school!!
i hope peoples finally understand higher megapixel doesn't necessarily mean better picture quality.
No one did when Nokia said so :evil:

PS: Guys, this is HTC, since butterfly costs 44k, expect this to launch at 50k, to compete with iphone, :facepalm:

HTC phones are always overpriced, remember Indian One S?

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Yes it will be over priced, no doubt on that. :cry:

Benchmark scores looks impressive though, I sort of like the design(more than XPERIA Z) and "BLINKFEED" :-D

aroraanant

Explorer
Re: HTC One with 4.7" 1080p screen, 1.7GHz Krait 300 processor

I don't expect that HTC will launch it below 35k considering the current price of Butterfly, but if the launch it at higher price tag, it will surely go down in a couple of weeks.

mitraark

Decrepit
I like such new phones launching because then (hopefully) current high end phones will get a reasonable price cut.

Hrishi

Re: HTC One with 4.7" 1080p screen, 1.7GHz Krait 300 processor

The performance comparisons are made Here
The new Snapdragon chipset is faster than the rest [even faster than the Kraits found in Xperia Z] almost all cases, except the SunSpider - and truly the benchmark champion, atleast for now.

About the Galaxy S IV, if Samsung is going to use the A15s, ofcourse it will be blazing fast but it will be interesting how manufacturers are going to manage the heat (it has a 4W TDP) generated by them. It is difficult to use it inside a mobile.

Mini Exhaust fans like the ones used inside the Laptops. :p

Its rumored to feature a "Quad-Core" A15 running at 2.0GHz!!!! ,
Time to Make some Omlettes.

Hrishi

If Samsung uses Exynos 5 in S4, it will be octacore not quad core (although only 4 cores will be active at a given time)

I Highly Doubt that.And whats the point in packing those Extra 4 cores , if they can't run at the same time ?? :confused:
Also , AFAIK its currently difficult to pack in a QUad-Core A15 on a tablet itself, due to thermal problems. Let alone be The OCtaCore on >5" Smartphone.

Top Bottom