Hero Honda is Now Hero MotoCorp!!!!

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hero Honda is now Hero Motocorp.Will Hero MotoCorp will be a hit like Hero Honda.Guys comment what you think about.

Here’s the much awaited news in the Indian 2 wheeler market. I started posting about this news in BikeAdvice and here it now. Hero Honda has finally become Hero MotoCorp. This much anticipated news is now implemented. The company is the largest two wheeler manufacturer in India.

The 2006 Forbes 200 Most Respected companies list had Hero Honda Motors ranked at 108 which enabled the world to know about this great brand. Also, The Brand Trust Report published by Trust Research Advisory has ranked Hero Honda in the 13th position among the brands in India

Hero is the brand name used by the Munjal brothers for their flagship company Hero Cycles Ltd. A joint venture between the Hero Group and Honda Motor Company was established in 1984 as the Hero Honda Motors Limited at Dharuhera, India. Munjal family and Honda group both own 26% stake in the Company. In 2010, it was reported that Honda planned to sell its stake in the venture to the Munjal family.

During the 1980s, the company introduced motorcycles that were popular in India for their fuel economy and low cost. A popular advertising campaign based on the slogan ‘Fill it – Shut it – Forget it’ that emphasised the motorcycle’s fuel efficiency helped the company grow at a double-digit pace since inception. The technology in the bikes of Hero Honda for almost 26 years (1984–2010) has come from the Japanese counterpart Honda.

Hero Honda has three manufacturing facilities based at Dharuhera, Gurgaon in Haryana and at Haridwar in Uttarakhand. These plants together are capable of churning out 3 million bikes per year. Hero Honda has a large sales and service network with over 3,000 dealerships and service points across India. Hero Honda has a customer loyalty program since 2000 called the Hero Honda Passport Program.

In December 2010, the Board of Directors of the Hero Honda Group have decided to terminate the joint venture between Hero Group of India and Honda of Japan in a phased manner. The Hero Group of India would buy out the 26% stake of the Honda in JV Hero Honda. Under the joint venture Hero Group could not sell into international markets and the termination would mean that Hero Group can exploit global opportunities now. Since last 25 years the Hero Group relied on their Japanese partner Honda for R & D for new bike models. So there are concerns that the Hero Group might not be able to sustain the performance of the Joint Venture alone.

When there were rumours that the company depends totally on its Japanese counterpart – Honda for all it’s R&D and that the company would face a tough time following the exit,the company proved the concept wrong with a series of upgraded (facelifted actually) bikes making the company to be in the limelight always. The company has bikes right from 100 cc to the 225 cc. The Pleasure scooter is also a decent performing vehicle for the company.

Hero Honda has also come up with a new website which is heromotocorp.com. The URL of the old website automatically redirects you to the new one. Though there is not much difference observed in the layout of the site. However, there is a large sized image displaying Hero Honda is now Hero MotoCorp.

The company is likely to dominate the yet to enter African and a few other new market with this new name. After the split between the two major 2 wheeler manufacturers, there are 2 news that impressed me a lot. One is that the company is planning to come up with a bike in the sub 40k price band. The other one is that Hero Honda (Sorry sorry, Hero MotoCorp) is considering launching a dirt bike in India. Guys, please make it really fast.

We wish the company to come up with a lot of new models and to make a great business in all its new markets.

Regards,
M.Naren.
Author – BikeAdvice.in
Source

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
What about the existing models that employ honda engines? Will they stop production of existing models?

Somebody please confirm this?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Is Motorcorp a company like Honda?
But whats the main reason of Hero breaking alliance with Honda?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
What about the existing models that employ honda engines? Will they stop production of existing models?

Somebody please confirm this?

Model will be the same.
Look here Hero India – Hero MotoCorp Ltd.|Products - Overview
And they are thinking of launching new Dirt Bike.

Sarath

iDota
Will Hero MotoCorp will be a hit like Hero Honda

Why what has changed except the name?
Nothing happened to Maruti-Suzuki after it became Suzuki

Looks like no more Honda engines for ex-HH or Hero Corp

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Will Hero MotoCorp will be a hit like Hero Honda

Why what has changed except the name?
Nothing happened to Maruti-Suzuki after it became Suzuki

Looks like no more Honda engines for ex-HH or Hero Corp

I think honda engine will be there in Hero motorbike as Suzuki,Tata and many others cmpany uses Fiat engines in Swift,Ritz and Tata Indica Vista.Earlier Maruti Suzuki has 18.28% of the company was owned by the Indian government, and 54.2% by Suzuki of Japan. As of 10 May 2007, Govt. of India sold its complete share to Indian financial institutions. With this, Govt. of India no longer has stake in Maruti Udyog.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
AFAIK, servicing and support for Honda components will continue well upto 2015 or so, as the deal with Honda indicates that technical support will remain till 2014. If Hero stocks up on parts and service tools, I think they can continue servicing Honda components till 2015 at least.

This deal means that Hero is now free to choose whatever engine is available to them for their models, which could possibly mean we could be looking at a variety of engines from now on.

d3p

PowerHouse
AFAIK, servicing and support for Honda components will continue well upto 2015 or so, as the deal with Honda indicates that technical support will remain till 2014. If Hero stocks up on parts and service tools, I think they can continue servicing Honda components till 2015 at least.

This deal means that Hero is now free to choose whatever engine is available to them for their models, which could possibly mean we could be looking at a variety of engines from now on.

Hope not to see the same shitty Splendor, Passion, CBZ Extreme here after, with minor cheap plastic makeover.

Seems like Hero Motocorp is already having a deal with AVL. [AVL is a engine supplier for Royal Enfield's few models like Thunderbird & Electra.]

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I hope Hero do not fall like TVS suzuki or kinetic honda....as soon as suzuki and honda left them...they start loosing everything..

Now look at suzuki..poor bikes and kinetic is already sold

Honda is enjoying being the most popular scotteret choice with activa and dio and some fine sales of bikes

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well its confirmed that honda will provide engines to hero till 2014.

Future of the Joint

Honda will continue to provide technology to Hero Honda motorbikes until 2014 for existing as well as future models

Source

d3p

PowerHouse
I think Hero was sharing a pretty high royalty with honda during their collaboration.

Most of the Patent from honda like PGMFI or patented Engine are used by Hero, so they has to share the profit by giving royalty.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
And they can exploit international markets now which they couldn't do when tied with honda.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
AFAIK I know honda contract was ended with Hero (a.k.a Hero Honda)...
but Hero MotoCorp..will take time to digest its name

Sarath

iDota
I saw a HH splendor in Dubai. Might not be officially sold there though.

But when you look at Rs.16/litre of petrol and a 60kmpl bike in an untaxed country. Its a killing bro. [Severly offtopic warning]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I saw the ad for Hero MotoCorp yesterday... it was pretty long.. and it was hard to guess till the end, what the ad was actually for!
Btw, Hero MotoCorp, sounds like, Hero Cycles + Motorola merging! :-D

Top Bottom