Have you shifted to 3G from 2G?

Are you using 3G,If yes which one?

• Total voters
Re: Are u shifted to 3G from 2G?

Guys,

if you are in Bangalore and if you are already using 2G data plan, do NOT shift to 3G till the end of your billing cycle. They are saying that if they de-activate 2G data plan (as it is necessary to do that to activate 3G data plan), they will charge 10paise/10KB for whatever data is downloaded since the billing date (in my case it is 20th of every month). This is absolutely ridiculous. They won't tell this to you and fortunately, I came to know about this only after calling them and asking again and again for status as it has been two days and I was yet to get a call/sms confirming activation.

Are you going for Airtel 3G again ?

shashank_re

In the zone

how are the speeds? were you using a 2G plan earlier?

Speeds are good enough..gets around ~2mbps...peak was 4.7mbps!! But we shouldn't jump because of those speeds as there is nothing much you can do with 100MB and those speeds :p

@shashank_re: MNP is here man....Mobile Number Portability.

Clarity in BSNL video call is much much better. Even using low end phones like Nokia C5

Yeah i know about MNP. But no way i'm taking BSNL! NO WAY! Its not only about 3G speeds or coverage....its about 2G network too. I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with Vodafone's network(2G) coverage and quality :)

NOTE: In Bangalore, Vodafone 3G runs on Airtel's 3G network!!! So you get SAME signal strength and speeds as you get on Airtel 3G!

Gollum

Collector

I used a good 3gb on tata docomo 3G.
since then I tried idea 2g and airtel 2g and they both sucked, giving me disconnected connections every 2 minutes.
so I shifted to tata docomo again for its 2g service is still better than the aforementioned.
I am in udupi circle of karnataka

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

NOTE: In Bangalore, Vodafone 3G runs on Airtel's 3G network!!! So you get SAME signal strength and speeds as you get on Airtel 3G!

I thought that Vodafone is paying Airtel to use the spectrum and they have their own 3G network.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!

@shashank_re: Sir, I have traveled from Kashmir to Andaman and Nicobar and East (Darjeeling) to Elephanta caves in Mumbai. BSNL coverage is one of the best that I have seen.
Personal opinions may differ though. Good Luck.

Gollum

Collector

@shashank_re: Sir, I have traveled from Kashmir to Andaman and Nicobar and East (Darjeeling) to Elephanta caves in Mumbai. BSNL coverage is one of the best that I have seen.

there is no 3g in kashmir, might start soon but not right now.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Airtel always rocks for me!! :) :punch:

Krow

Crowman

Vodafone slashed its 500MB 3G fare to Rs 375 from Rs 500. Making me consider taking the leap. :?

Sarath

iDota

I am on Airtel. Shifted to 3G when I got my xperia. Smartphone on dumb network is like marrying a horse to a donkey.

My Plan:
Rs.103 for 100MB
Rs.200 for 250MB
Rs.450 for 600MB

I use the 200rs plan as it suffices for all I do especially when most of the time my phone is hogging off the home wifi.

Good plan or bad, I have just one thing to say. Stay away from piratebay on your phone and you will be happy :)

BTW 2G Rs.98 rec gives you 2GB ;-)
Choose yourself A race horse that carries only you or a good old donkey that carries you and your entire wardrobe :-D

Krow

Crowman

Never managed to use 2GB in 30 days on 2G.

I don't think I ever used even 500MB. :p

Gollum

Collector

Never managed to use 2GB in 30 days on 2G.

I don't think I ever used even 500MB. :p

you will if you are on a good 3g network.
I downloaded all sorts of data on my 3g phone connection, even torrents

sameer.pur

The Chosen One

I am using BSNL 3G for past 1 year, faced no major problems.
Using different plans 1GB/500MB or Night plan recently.
Data Roaming is free, so even if i go to my native place, I can use it. :)

Speeds are good enough. I don't use video calling though but use it for Skype on PC.
Also for Skype voice calls on phone.

Heck, I had even tried playing a online multi-player session with it. :p

red dragon

Master troll

BSNL 3g working fine for me for last 2-3 months,it was lousy before that(using it for about 8-9months now)

Top Bottom